Anyone NOT going to IM Regensburg next year?

Just wandering what other IM's people are doing/considering next year?

I know there's a few thinking of Embrun but what about Nice, Austria, Zurich, Roth, Norseman etc?

I would LOVE to do Norseman but so hard to get into, expensive etc.

Comments

• I'd love to do Regensburg but not sure whats happening next year with job etc,  have opted to do IM as part of the Deca in June.

If things change and/or settle down during the rest of this year then I'll see what else is available, as I'd love to do an IM somewhere in Europe or else good ol USofA next year

• I have had some doubts AL as I have been looking at Canada.

I think I will wait and see

• I'm busy next year image
  • If you can put up with lots of laps, there's the IM on the last day of the Deca.
  •  Hopefully Austria
  • RC - you're not likely to get into Canada as you have to be at the race to sign up for next year. They used to have some international entries but I am not sure they still do that. Of course, you could also do a sub-9hour time and register as a pro image

There are lots of non-m.dot IM distances races in Europe - there's a list on www.226.com - many of these do not fill up so quickly.

AL - why not do Embrunman if you want a tough IM. The bike is the toughest in IM, the run is hardish but not as hard as (the black T-shirt) version of the Norseman run. And you don't need your own support like you do in Norseman.

• Enter tomorrow Dave! Great race. If you're looking for a cheaper place to stay, the youth hostel is pretty good (not like UK YH!) and well located.
  • Probably IM Australia or the NZ Challenge race for me ...
  • I might go and support regensberg. But no IM for me next year.

Tis a running year.
  • Thanks for that Meli!

Austria looks quite interesting - but you really have to have your finger on the button! Entries only open Monday 11pm though!

• I have retired
  • Good for you FB and you too AJH!

- what running races you gonna do AJH?

• Btw FB does retire mean 'no more ever' or 'just not next year?'image
  • K - Outlaw is my one and only comeback
  • AL - it means no more ever after Outlaw. Only one proviso - in 3 yrs I'll get my bus pass - and 'if' I feel the need to celebrate it I 'might' do another. Otherwise no more
  • Lol FB - celebrate bus pass with an IM - nice way to do it!!image
  • I might need the fecking bus to get me around! image
  • arizona probably.
  • AL as of yesterday I will be doing the 10 in 10. image

Got a place at London, that's it for the minute.
  • Embrun, Embrun, Embrun!

• You know what we need Andrew? A sticky!
  • Why not Ragesnsburg AL?
  • I've retired too, until I wake up one day and feel the urge to go for a swim

over a year since IM Switzerland and I'm still waiting image
  • AJH - 10in10 - well done, think that is right up your street and you will do really well!!!image

Embrun- mmm, read a race report that a female pro wrote about it - the bike is friggin hard!!!!!

• mellifera wrote (see)
    You know what we need Andrew? A sticky!

There is as much chance of that as an 'official' pirate race being a tough one imageimageimage

arctic lady wrote (see)

Embrun- mmm, read a race report that a female pro wrote about it - the bike is friggin hard!!!!!

Why bother if it's not a challenge!

• I love the look of the embrun but its way out of my league .....it would be a good one for you AL............

I'm doing the one at the end of the the deca

• AndrewSmith wrote (see)
    arctic lady wrote (see)Embrun- mmm, read a race report that a female pro wrote about it - the bike is friggin hard!!!!!

Why bother if it's not a challenge!

but I'm agreeing with you !! It looks tough!!

could be good prep for Norseman!

• Seren, seems a few peeps are interested in the one at the end of the Decca.
  • mellifera wrote (see)

RC - you're not likely to get into Canada as you have to be at the race to sign up for next year. They used to have some international entries but I am not sure they still do that. Of course, you could also do a sub-9hour time and register as a pro image

image Hmm looks like Canada is out then but I will consider the sub 9 option Melli thankyou image image