Options

Paris Marathon 2011

Comments

• Options
    SMS updates.  Have just downloaded the iphone app too; it looks quite good image
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    wivenhoerunner, I've sent you a message but I think it goes straight to your email. *You haven't activated' messaging' on your forum page.*
  • Options
    I'm just in from my last run, only barely 4 miles but it was awful! Too warm out there so hope I'll be ok on Sunday. Hope the crowd and the adrenaline keep me going!! Anyone know if you can send mobile alerts to more than two people? Mind you, after that run I'm not sure I want anyone to know how I'm doing...

All the very best to all of you and see you on Sunday morning
    Maire X
  • Options
    ATM wrote (see)
    And heeeeeeeeeeere's  Darren Smith 8

fantastic background shot there!   

• Options

Sorry to ask this, but could someone confirm the time to meet at the Arc on Sunday morning? I have the meeting spot, but not 100% sure of the time--is it 8am?

Thanks!

• Options
    So it is wivenhoerunner and 5 SuperSixers for the 12.30 train tomorrow.  Anyone else? image
  • Options
    Best of luck to everyone running the Paris marathon - be sure to let us know all about it!  Hoping to do it next year. image
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

I'm sure we'll recognise you home brew!

• Options
    tartanpimpernel wrote (see)
    Running Rodent wrote (see)
    I've even brought my spurtle

I wouldn't recommend that, the French police once confiscated mine ... I had to return to the police station the following day to retrieve it!   image

image I'm loving the thought of that conversation: 'Desole, M. le gendarme, j'ai perdu ma spurtle. Non, je ne suis pas une terroriste, je voudrais faire du porridge'.

USB - I'm on the 1402. If I'm extra early I might be around to wave you off. Are you travelling as a VIP pack?

• Options
    hi all- wish i was going with ye all on sunday. did 5 yesterday and the same today and ahd a 30 min cycle on my new bike too. taper sits well with my legs and ahd to keep slowing myself down. 12m for me sunday and then a very easy week.
  • Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Okay, have been working it out and here's the proposed supporter stops:

1) 8km/5ms

2) 20-21kms

3) 30 kms (just after the eiffel tower when you've conquered the under passes)

4) 41 kms at the top of luc Inferieur (for the keen supporters prepared to walk a few kms)

5) pub

I'll do a reconnisance mission on saturday and have a few print outs of expected runner times at these points etc.  They aren't the most scenic/touristy spots but I'm hoping that'll mean we can get good spots close to the action.  Have chosen them based on ease of metros & walking, possible runner doubt points and a little bit of Parisian orienteering.  Will most likely be on the right-hand side of the course (tired for the left as advised by ATM but trying to avoid crossing the course so it doesn't work well).

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    A recce mission sounds good image Supporters can help us by spending their pennies on some of those flags piled high in the airport...OK, OK, so you're never going to want to join the BNP but they're easy to spot...
  • Options

Bon chance everyone - just going to bed then its up at 5.30 to be ready to fly at 7.45 (and I can see the airport from my window).

Hope to see some of you on Saturday and the rest sunday but hope everyone has a really great time.

And if anyone sees a Yorkshire flag in the last km just at the end of the Bois de Boulogne section that'll be our lass and the kids.

• Options

LB - Ooooh I'm a Yorkshire lass but I think I'm going to be slow to see the white rose flag

Have a safe journey everyone, I'll see you at the Arc at 8. I'll be wearing a purple vest with my real name on the back Heidi plus a big 40 as I'm 40 tomorrow!!!

Thanks for the mobile link and the text service!!

• Options
    Happy Birthday for tomorrow, Molly image
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

I should be going to bed. 5 am alarm for me.

I hope I meet lots of you at the Expo , Pasta Papa and/or the Arc but for those I don't get to see face to face before the Off..

Have a wonderful day.Enjoy every minute. Good luck to those chasing a PB. *The mara' first-timers can relax on that point image* A special ' good luck' to USB, of course, cos she's well famous image and in a glossy magazine and everything image

And ' Happy Birthday'  to Molly.It's a great way to spend the weekend of the big 4-0

Posters and lurkers alike, come to the pub wearing your medal.

Errr..not just your medal. We may want to go back, someday...

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Good luck everyone!

ATM you've certainly assembled a fit looking bunch this year, have a great time xx

• Options

Off to bed for me too and one final packing panic - up at 0500 for 0730 flight image .  Good luck to everyone and thank you so much for the support, advice and humour along the way; looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!

• Options
    Good luck everyone. Here's to a great weekend.
  • Options

RR - don't think we're getting VIP stuff but there will be about 10 of us in a group!

ATM - my mum brought the magazine and then came on here and looked at the video image

• Options
    Good luck everyone! Early train to Disney tomorrow morning for me before heading into Paris Sat/Sun

Here's hoping for a great weekend!

• Options
    GoldeagleGoldeagle ✭✭✭

So that's pretty well it. Work in the morning and then train to London and Eurostar.

Good luck to everyone and hope to meet up with lots of you over the weekend. 

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    My packing took 5 minutes- easy when you are not racing. Safe travels all, see some of you for the pasta.
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Well, the M&S iced buns are through security...They're a wee bit squashed, tartanpimpernel. *The bustier is destroyed..I'll have to wear Leeds Bob's...*

I feel the need to go and buy a furry gonk...

• Options
    Dark Vader wrote (see)
    ATM wrote (see)
    And heeeeeeeeeeere's  Darren Smith 8

fantastic background shot there!   

In panto stylee - ** BEHIND YOU **   image

Mad couple of days at work (one more to go). Still trying to get someone to look after the dog while we are away... Last set of strides run this morning, feeling in top shape. Looking forward to meeting you all at the Arc. Safe travels, don't forget your passport.
  • Options
    I haven't even begun to pack yet image
    But I did deposit the hound with my parents last night, so that's one less thing to worry about image
    Had The Nightmare last night; this time I managed to arrive at the wrong race (went to the Sheffield half in the Don Valley stadium instead image wrong bleedin country!), pinged my achilles in the warm up, tried to run and got lost (still in Sheffield, I think) image
    Well, at least is over and done with now, hopefully I'll get two good night's sleep before Sunday.

Holy carp! Only two more sleeps to go! image
  • Options

Morning image

I've postponed my last 2 miles till later on, gently packing before heading for the bus at 9.