Options

Recession

1235»

Comments

• Options

The Pope's visit to UK.  Am neither Catholic nor particularly religious. 

"Costs for the pope's inaugural visit to Britain are soaring, with taxpayers contributing as much as £12m towards the four-day event, an increase of £4m on previous estimates"

• Options
    Seren - are these kids just being taught Welsh or are they fluent in English too?  I do think heritage is important, but as Candy points out, they do need to live in the modern world.  And English is the language they really need for that.
  • Options
    £12m for some old Nazi?  Gorblimey.
  • Options
    DBD.........they have all their lessons in welsh apart from English.........which is taught in English...........the school's GCSE results in English are higher than most of the english medium comps in the area............so their english is not affected but their other language results eg french are higher than local averages as the children are billingual from a young age and learn other languages easier.......
  • Options
    but who cleans up the phlegm?!
  • Options
    just employ some old git from england to do that
  • Options
    In that case Seren, I stand corrected.  Very positive.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

"Costs for the pope's inaugural visit to Britain are soaring, with taxpayers contributing as much as £12m towards the four-day event, an increase of £4m on previous estimates"
    I take it thats on security? But if it keeps our kids safe, it will be money well spent.

• Options
    took me a minute to get that one dustinimage
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Very good, Dustin!

Way back in the past, it used to be the case that young boys dreamt of entering the priesthood ...

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    I think it's always been the other way round, Mutters!
  • Options

How about a business start up grant of £4500 by the Welsh Assembly Government & DWP to communicate with the dead.  image

• Options

There is some merit in allowing welsh people to have a hobby, mumbo jumbo or not

It gives the poor sheep a bit of respite, if nothing else

• Options
    Why not Nam?  It's a business.  Loads of really gullible people want to throw their cash at mediums.  I'm sure it will be a very profitable.  The proprietor will probably need a to take on staff and commission professional services like an accountant and inevitably a lawyer.  The £4.5k will repaid within a year in terms of tax revenue.
  • Options

Wales should be banished from the rest of the Uk, have you seen how many bloody speed cameras they have and their piggin Chief Constable thinks hes a   druid image The Northern one anyway but they are all bloody weird

Plus Welsh  is the language of Satan            image

• Options

We have a new Chief Constable in North Wales... No where near as bad as the last one....

and the unmarked Honda motorbike is gorgeous, Until the little blue lights come on

• Options

dunno what happened there!

I will say though in regard to the Pope visit. My daughter is a committed catholic, she is also a single parent with two very small children - she gets no help over and above the minimum state help because the children's father is dead, so no child support. She  has been asked to dip into her pockets to pay for this trip image. All catholics have been asked to raise this money to pay for whatever he needs - which as Dustin has said will cost upward of £12 million

I was in Rome a couple of years ago and saw at first hand the luxury that is the home of the Pope and his aides, makes my blood boil and also keeps me away from the church!!!!

• Options
    if she is a committed Catholic she will understand what tithing is
  • Options
    Lady Sue of Waddlerton wrote (see)

dunno what happened there!

I will say though in regard to the Pope visit. My daughter is a committed catholic, she is also a single parent with two very small children - she gets no help over and above the minimum state help because the children's father is dead, so no child support. She  has been asked to dip into her pockets to pay for this trip image. All catholics have been asked to raise this money to pay for whatever he needs - which as Dustin has said will cost upward of £12 million

I was in Rome a couple of years ago and saw at first hand the luxury that is the home of the Pope and his aides, makes my blood boil and also keeps me away from the church!!!!

What do you think to this then?
  • Options

so anyone helping a woman falling the call of god and doing gods will is as bad as a paedophile...............but women are being asked to stump up for his lavish visit.........I can understand why your blood boils Sue......

I also heard on Radio today that they have changed their rules on dealing with paedophiles but still have not made it compulsory to inform authorities when the allegations etc are made.......

• Options

Too much water - Tithing is meant "to support community programs such as homeless shelters and food banks. Other churches use the funds to promote missionary programs or facilitate expansion. Many individuals also believe in the personal benefits of tithing, specifically that God rewards those who give financially.

Read more: The Origin of Tithing | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5402936_origin-tithing.html#ixzz0ts1rF68m " Not fill the bellies of the clergy

Gizzards, that is such a nonsense and will do the church no good at all.

I am a retired catholic, the reasons are many, but I had some friends who had been abused by priests and at one time I was a counsellor for the church and came across people who were struggling with the aftermath of child abuse from the priests - and awful physical abuse from the nuns.

Having said that, I have met and am very fond of some very christian and loving priests and nuns.

• Options
    A friend of mine once told me how she had been abused by a priest and how she was so scared. She couldn't not go to church and if she told her parents she would have been badly punished for saying such wicked things about a man of God!image
  • Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    candy ollier wrote (see)

And Corinth is missing the point.  Does he not listen to a word that non-halfwit Obama says?  The big problem facing America isn't homelessness.  In fact that isn't a problem at all.  The big problem, the only thing that matters, is that BRITISH PETROLEUM is BRITISH, and therefore worse than Al Qaeda.

The big problem facing America is the 'vampire squid' of Krispy Kreme Donut sucking up dollars and replacing them with trans fats and sugar injected straight to the waistline!

By eck there's some big buggers over here!

These teabaggers are evidently  no stranger to the cookie jar.

I was invited to a 'tea party' meeting on Friday, and for a laugh I went - I wasn't laughing when I left ..very scary - god loves fascists everywhere but he smiles most favourably on American fascists...

'Teabagger on Obama.  'I'm not a racist but... these people just don't have the ability to control their emotions' (Wild applause from the 99% white audience... whoop!.... hell yeah!... whoooeee!)

• Options

Did you like feeling skinny Corrie? imageimage

Get back over here - we miss you!

• Options

Tea Party

Bible bashing right wingers who would happily reintroduce segregation if it meant preserving the " American Way"  They see any level of central goverment aid as akin to the work of Satan and would happliy have seen all the world banks collaspe even if it meant millions of homeless and countries going to the wall

• Options
    Interesting discussion. And in some points funny. Nice to be here with you guys.
    https://qualitycustomessays.com/buy-poem-analysis-essay/