Options

MBNA Chester Marathon

Comments

• Options

Enjoyed the rest day today. Tempo tomorrow, not looking forward to that!

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Today was one of Hadd's ILTHR sessions. 12 miles in total with 10.5 at a sub LT heart rate (145 bpm). I can't say it was particularly easy as I started with heavey legs due to cycling but I got there ... ILTHR section: 10.5 miles at 7:29/m at 144.3 (81% max HR).

• Options

Dr Dan - Does LT heart rate stand for Lactate threshold?

Rest day today, then 10 mile tomorrow slow, with a 3 miles in the middle at MP image

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

kr - Yes ...  Hadd's ILTHR stands for "inital lactate threshold heart rate".

One mile of front crawl this morning in the pool and then a 7 mile easy run at lunchtime.

• Options
    HigsHigs ✭✭✭

I don't know what it is with me and following training programmes....

First run planned on Maonday and my Camlbak failed catastrophically. Second run on the programme planned for today and I'm having my first 'proper' migraine.

I've been having visual (occular) migraines for about a year now which disturb my vision for 20 minutes or so without headache. The last one however left me with a bit of a headache. This one's worse again - I feel nauseous and have a headache that paracetoml and ibuprofen won't shift. I know it's not the worst migraine ever (as I've not turned the office lights off and crawled under the desk yet like some of my colleagues do) but I really, really don't want to go for a run.

Here's hoping that (a) the training doesn't carry on like this and (b) the migraines don't get any worse - I managed 44years without them and I quite liked it that way.

• Options
    9 miles for me today....
  • Options

Higs - you're not having a good start!

NIce 9 miler Si1183

Dr Dan, are you training for a Triathalon as well?

11 miles easy tonight @ 8.02 pace

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

DD- good swimming

Si- good running

Higs- sounds grim- hope you get it sortedimage

The weight loss continues to pay dividends- 4th 5k of the summer and 4th PB tonight, cracking the sub 19 barrier- 18.54 in a strong headwind for the first half- so pretty happyimage

• Options
    Hi Guys, hope you don't mind me barging in here. I've just entered Chester. It will be my second marathon, I did Stratford upon Avon in May. Aiming for sub 3.15.

• Options

I am already trying to catch up ....

I have decided to follow the 18 weeks programme except that I should have started last weekend and I won't be able to start this weekend as I am doing the Welsh Castle relay on Saturday. I guess I will have to start on Monday.

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    love to hear more people doing this I did it last year in 3h59 knocking 21 mins of my PB

then at spen 20 near Huddersfield got 2h30 this time knocking 11 mins of 2010 time
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    I hope to get 3h40 this time at Chester
  • Options
    HigsHigs ✭✭✭
    Denis Duret wrote (see)

I am already trying to catch up ....

Me too.... I've got things back on track a little squeezing in a 4.5 yesterday and a 4.3 this evening.

Rest tomorrow (although I may take a bike for a gentle spin) and 12 on Sunday. If I manage the 12 I'll consider myself on plan.

• Options

DD, Higgs

I'm catching up too - with a 7 mile race last Sun running a total of 15 with before & after, & a 4.5 mile race on Wed & a 10k this Sun, a 10 mile easy run this am & easy runs Mon & Tues my disciplined approach to Marathon training for London needs to be resumed on Mon too! Racing hard really takes it out of you - so not a good idea to do many when marathon training

• Options

Great time there Jason D - cracking that sub 19 barrier will give you a lot of confidence esp. into the wind.

Welcome aboard IslandMonkey - I'm aiming for sub 3.15 too - shall we form a train? - anyone else care to join?

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

KR- cheersimage Best of luck with the sub 3.15- you too IMimage

Ticking over here- still clocking some miles between fun races while waiting for the 12 week mark to arriveimage GFA entry for VLM received and returned this morning- number 30305image

• Options
    HigsHigs ✭✭✭

Rest day going OK so far. I did run about 20yards back to the house when it started to rain just as I was about to nip out leaving washing on the line.

Other than that I've not even been tempted to run.

• Options
    HigsHigs ✭✭✭

...though I have just nipped out on the mountain bike for an hour locally.

I've got a long-standing commitment to do a toughish ride in a fortnight and I've only been out on the MTB once this year so far due to all this running malarky so I'm going to have to do a few rides in the next fortnight even if it's only to toughen my bum up a bit!

• Options

Liverpool - Chester - Liverpool 54 mile bike ride coming up for me too . Went out for an hour today , to RAF Sealand and back . Discovered new route so well happy , very traffic free .

Long run tomorrow morning before rain comes ( hopefully ) . About 16 miles  .

Not really going by a training program , just one long run a week ,hoping to get a few 20 milers in . Rest of week just doing what I can and make it up as I go along .

11 nights holiday starting next Sunday will put me back a bit . No I'm not taking my running shoes . Just lots of sun , sea and s.......angria

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    knight rider wrote (see)

Dr Dan, are you training for a Triathalon as well?

Yes, doing a Sprint-Tri in July ... my first attempt at one but nothing serious, just to motivate myself to cross-train as it helps to shift some weight. Need to be skinny at Chester! image

Hoping to run 16.3 in the morning ... if I feel good, I'll extend it to 18.3.

• Options
    HigsHigs ✭✭✭
    Do we know what the sports drink is yet?
  • Options
    Just got back from weekend away in caravan...managed 4 miles recovery on saturday...nice....should be 12miles today....but raining heavy here..

....anyone seem to find it difficult to pace themselves..usually run 10k 6.30-7.00min.m more towards 7...trying to run around 8.00 to 8.30 for marathon feels like I am walking..I know its over 26miles but in training seems very difficult and ideas/...
  • Options

Training starts properly starts 20th but post Stratford training not went well. Went out on Monday, Tues and Wed and didn't feel the best. On Friday woke up with a sore throat and yesterday was a day spent wrapped up in my dressing gown with a bad case of man flu. Gutted as I wanted to do the Redcar half today as well.

Hopefully, can shake the man flu off totally this week.

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    just done potters arf marathon today at Hanley in 1h33 4 mins faster then last time it was cold and rainy and even up the 2 steeps hills I kept my pace up from start to finish
  • Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Blimey Mick what are you having for breakfast!

Did the Tunnel 10k today, bit windy as well but it was behind the runners along the prom.

Nothing planned now till the race, so I can start to focus a little more.  Looking forward to some of the organised runs too.

• Options

Well done at Hanley Compo, sounds a tough race with the hills and the conditions.

6 mile league race today for me and a PB too of 37.35, so enjoying a few beers tonight!

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

image Nice racing kr. image

Yesterday closed off "week 3" of Chester training... a 63 mile week, including two good 10.5 mile subLT runs and a 18.3 mile LSR yesterday.

• Options
    Cheers Knight rider. Will be good to hear how your training goes and compare notes.
  • Options
    12 miles today...missed yesterday due to rain 1h 36m....felt good....long way to go!!!
  • Options

Si1183 - that's a good pace for that distance. I always do my longer runs at the beginning of mara training at MP + 30 - 45 seconds. Then later on in 2 months time, start introducing some MP and HMP miles into them.

That's another good week of milaege Dr.Dan. Hopefully this week I should be up to the early 40's.