Options

Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Options
    booktrunk wrote (see)

BULLSHIT there is no fucking way that was out!

+1

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Dear Magaluf Police

thank you for the way you dealt with my son last week. You are quite right, he does not behave like that at home, jumping naked  into the sea is not something anyone does very often in Britain.

i think your tactic of confiscating his clothes and making him walk back to the hotel bollock naked was very effective and an amicable solution all round. He was expecting a good thumping tbh.

thank you.

• Options

Most amusing Mr.P image

• Options

OK boss, I've asked you to do this three times now.

Despite you having done this task several times over the past few weeks you now don't seem to understand what I'm requesting. I'm slightly mystified and really rather annoyed and I would just go and do it myself if I had higher level access.

As it is I shall be asking someone else but I shall also be making a mental note that you were less than helpful with this image 

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Mr Puffy wrote (see)
    You are quite right, he does not behave like that at home, jumping naked  into the sea is not something anyone does very often in Britain.

Really?  It appears to be the norm amongst my friends.

• Options

Mr Puffy & SuperCaz - gotta watch out for jellyfish! That would put me right off jumping in naked!!

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

LOL!  I experienced jelly fish last weekend when I swam through them for about 5 hours, although I wasn't naked.  Their sting is no worse than a static shock, although I appreciate that there are some parts of the body where you wouldn't want to experience that.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I have experienced a big jellyfish sting. It got me down the spine from just above bra line to below waist, very painful and I reacted badly.  Luckily I was not in too deep and just ran out screaming and collapsed in a heap on the beach. The name in spanish is Medusa after the greek god with serpents for hair, very apt  name.

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

I am keeping my mouth shut because I do not wish to make things awkward with your daughter (who, by the way, is much more mature than you are).  But for goodness sake.  I am not a mind-reader.   When I ask if someone if your horse is ok after it fought with mine and got kicked (please note I am upset about this, and wish there was something I could have done to prevent it) and they tell me it is ok, then I see your daughter riding it and it no marks on it a week later, why would I keep asking you how it is?  If you had told me you were having to have the vet out instead of giving me the silent treatment, I would have offered to pay part of the vet bill.  You may have been understandably upset about having to pay for a vet, but I wasn't exactly thrilled at having to fork out £200 for electric fencing in order to keep mine in a little patch on its own with no horsey company, especially as you then decided to remove yours from that field anyway so she could have just stayed with the others.  Believe me, it really is only yours that she behaves that way with, and the whole situation could have been the other way round, except there is no way you would have had to put yours on its own, and I would not have held you responsible.

And by the way, 'adult behaviour' is to talk calmly about what the problem is, not make a vicious, passive agressive comment six weeks after the event and then give me a tirade about how my failure to mind-read is appalling behaviour from an adult.

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

blokes on the train last night: shut the fk up. Could you possibly mentione any more places that you have been to? Its not a big geography cock-off...dubai, tanzania, south africa, nz, australia, pakistan, singapore, japan, greece (?), kenya....stopped me getting my homeward nap.

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Garmins are not always accurate

• Options

SuperCaz - OMG, 5hrs of swimming with jellyfish?! what a nightmare!  Swimming the Channel is definitely not for the faint-hearted.  I have full admiration for you.

SteadyCJ - yikes, thats nasty and very lucky you weren't in deep water.

I have a big respect for the ocean and whats in it, I'm also afraid of large waves so don't go out of my way to find them. 

Have you eaten jellyfish? I did some years ago at a Chinese restaurant.  Was disappointing really, didn't taste of anything.  I think they piled on the MSG to try to enhance it!

I have seen a Portugese man or war jellyfish washed up on a beach once, it was absolutely huge.  I tapped it with my foot, and it felt like this globular mass of, well jelly.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I was swimming round and round and round a harbour, which had trapped the jelly fish.  It isn't normal to experience as many as that.  I've been sea swimming for 5 years and never encountered them before

Anyway, back on topic...

Will you stop messing me around.  Can I stay in the house or can't I?  Are you going to come and do the inspection or am I expected to hang around until you feel like it?  I can't wait to be out of here but I'd prefer to do it of my own accord rather than being pushed.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

What do you mean you've tried everything to sort out your 'bad back'.

Maybe being 5' 3" and 15 stone in weight is one element you've over looked.

🙂

• Options

Dear IT - so you now send a daily "sanity check"? I have to say I'm amused by the irony... 

• Options

Reckon I screwed up my science career by going into this f*****g discipline.  7 yrs I've been doing this c**p.  I sought advice before moving into it.... so bored.  MAY be able to get back into it again.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Marion Bartolli at Wimbledon. Top 15 player. QF of US Open last year. Quite fat.
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭

Her profile on the official website says she's 1.7m tall and 63.2kg which is a BMI of 21.87.

• Options

Kvitovich has a very obvious pot belly but she's a former champion, so I guess even tennis players come in all shapes and sizes.

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I accept the all shapes and sizes bit.

63 kilos, if that's the case then I'm taking my scales back.
  • Options

Dear colleague: I'm getting sick of your hysterical emails that have the world and his wife copied in, espcially as some of them don't even concern me.

I'm particularly annoyed about that thing you keep asking me to do which I've told you three times before is not the responsibilty of this department. My other colleague said they had explained this to you for a fourth time yesterday . And why are you pleading with X and Y when you will have had an out of office message from them? They are still out of office.   

Now don't make me come down there!

• Options

Dear coleague I like you, but jeez can you moan. Ok we all find things irritating here, but it's the same stuff over and over again.

The new person may or may not start tomorrow. No we don't know where they're meant to be sitting if they do turn up. No we don't know what they can do it they're here, and yes we alk know the boss isn't around and neither is his PA so we'll have to deal with it. You've gone about this all week and it's something that may or may not be a problem!

• Options

Also dear Hotmail. What did you do to make your email so rubbish? I'd delete you but it's the email my uni friend's know and it'd bloomnig difficult to get them to send stuff to a new email account!

• Options
    skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

go on, you can say it here. that is the point of the thread.

• Options

Wrong thread - I could say it but it wouldn't make sense imageimage

• Options

I am f******g frazzled - there, AND my swearing is getting worse each day.....

ROLL ON next Fri when we'll be on that plane.  Can't stand this work environment, really can't.

• Options

I continue to have a REALLY bad feeling about where I am working.  My gut is telling me that the Lead doesn't tolerate me at all.  I don't do things the way she would do them, therefore I don't measure up. 

All I hear is whispering coming from her office which is extremely off-putting, and I suspect it is about me.  She never says anything directly to me.  I get IMS messages requesting this, that and the other, and whenever I approach her about anything she seems irritated.

Also, it is the start of a new project phase which is a crucial time, and very stressful - a new experience for me.  She has brought another person on to the team who I know and have spoken to a number of times on a mentoring level, but I reckon its to apease the current 'situation' (not sure what that is exactly).  I'm being made to feel as though I am the kink in the chain.

She forgets that I came in to work when I was still really ill (she asked me to), have worked on 2 projects (so far) where the Leads were culturally opposed to women in the workplace (was a nightmare situation) - I brought this up with the management, and another project which finished prematurely.

Now, I'm working on stuff which is completely new territory, and apparently I don't measure up.....I am EXHAUSTED.

• Options

And to make matters worse, she and the other girl on the team have worked together before and shared an office, so they are always talking together.  The other person speaks the same language as said girl (Chinese) so hear that a lot.  Just don't fit in - the dynamics are all wrong.

• Options

JC, maybe you should start a thread called "things you want to say and do".

Facebook - no, I don't want to 'friend' my ex husband.

You there, hideous little toad man on another running forum, why don't you go and frequent the kind of 'adult' site that welcomes your (wet) dreams about having your cock in someone's mouth and tea bagging sessions.