Options

Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭

So you've decided that next week will be your last volunteering here as you've got what you wanted out of it? Free internet access, lunch, fares paid to get into town and the occasional annoyance of some people trying to get you to do a few simple tasks properly? So long, there won't be much in any reference you might be looking for.

• Options

I don't think you are quite understanding the term "I can't take any more". 

I really can't.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
  • Options

Thanks Em.  Head and brick wall have clashed severely this weekend past.  Think head may be winning.

Throw one more Candy Crush invite at me.  Just one.  Go on.  I dare you.  Or send one of those ridiculous fridge magnet style posts my way.  Please.  I'm sure my actions will be defensible in any court, and I'm just gagging for a bit of violent release after the past six months.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Mine would be simple for my work lot.

Yes, I'm eating rice, I don't care if you think it's too early, or needs some kind of sauce.

No, I'm not drinking urine, and that gag gets less funny than it started.

It's peppermint tea, no I don't have to explain why to you.

What do I eat at home? The answer is the same as the last 10times you asked.

I look too slim do I? And that's alright to just bark out is it? Can I say you look a bit too fat? Is that alright?

I probably actually weigh more than you, as despite being tubby you're 5ft 4...height makes a big difference!

You saw me running today did you? That's because I tend to run most days, quite close to work....

(repeat at least 5 or 6 times a week with different people)

Quite tedious!

• Options

Ah yes ouch.  I am not really on speedy sneakers and therefore leading, I am an improving runner A doing all the races on the grand prix. 

Just some comment on the TdF with GC being the way it is, it would appear likely that in addition to the glory of a stage win, the team winning tomorrow's stage will also take yellow. The following are the highest placed riders for each team and therefore the riders who are most likely (not guaranteed) to be in yellow tomorrow evening should their team win the stage.

1 Jan Bakelants (Bel) RadioShack Leopard 12:21:27 2 Julien Simon (Fra) Sojasun 0:00:01 3 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Orica-GreenEdge 4 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 5 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling 7 David Millar (GBr) Garmin-Sharp 8 Sergey Lagutin (Uzb) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team 9 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 10 Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 11 Nicolas Roche (Irl) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 12 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol 16 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Merida 17 Eduard Vorganov (Rus) Katusha   19 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa) Movistar Team 29 Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale Pro Cycling 36 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 41 Arnold Jeannesson (Fra) FDJ 43 Davide Malacarne (Ita) Team Europcar 70 Christophe Le Mevel (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits 109 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Argos-Shimano 0:13:01

I think we can probably discount Tom Dumoulin who, despite being the best placed Argos-Shimano rider is 13 minutes down.  All the rest are within one second.   Comment http://d2ride.co.uk/News-and-Blog.php

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

spam? or just an inability to write on the right thread!?

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

No idea... I thought it was spam.

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Simpsons underpants and some cartoon socks. Really? You must be in your 50s.

Just to clarify - this was a guy in the gym changing room yesterday, not some random lover I picked up...

Department of Transport - when you say road resurfacing will be for "3 nights" please add that it "doesn't include alternate Thursdays and every Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday - coz we don't work those" It may have taken 9 days (as opposed to the 3 we were expecting) but the new lines are very clear. Thank You.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Dustin, I remember some bloke moaning on the Silverstone half marathon thread of about 2004/5 that he was "beaten by some kid wearing Bart Simpson socks"

that kid? Yours truly

From those glorious days where you didn't overthink anything, you just went and did a race...

nowadays it's all racing shoes, tiny socks, wickable vests, eating at a precise time etc

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

dont forget garmins, you'd be lost without posting up your run on facebook with mile splits, elevation gains, average speeds, miles month-to-date, yawnnnn, like any of us give a fk.
    were you wearing cartoon underpants as well though?

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

Dear everyone,

Go away.  I'm busy.

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

but not too busy to post on a running websiteimage

• Options

Dustin wrote (see)

dont forget garmins, you'd be lost without posting up your run on facebook with mile splits, elevation gains, average speeds, miles month-to-date, yawnnnn, like any of us give a fk.
    were you wearing cartoon underpants as well though?

I love my Garmins....(one for the bike...one for running)

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Dustin wrote (see)

but not too busy to post on a running websiteimage

Lol, touche!  Was on the phone at the same time though, so feel justifiedimage  Multi -tasking ftw...

• Options

How many more secret Facebook groups do we need ? 

• Options
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

How many more secret Facebook groups do we need ? 

um, just a thought, if you know there is a secret facebook group then its not very secret.  which means they'll have to start another properly 'secret' one.

• Options

Despicable Me 2.  I fell asleep in the cinema. 

• Options

In Norway that film is called 'Gruesome Meh 2'.  Says it all, really.

• Options

gotta ask how you came by that snippet of information? image

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Anything in particular about it that wasn't good Miffi?  Taking the little one to see it at the weekend.

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

so there I am washing my hands after taking a leak, just before I go for a run.
    Door to trap 2 swings open, and outsteps a middle aged, couple of stone overweight man, as naked (but with more body hair) as the day he was born. No towel, no footwear, no pants, nothing.
    Except he was carrying a phone.

Now I hope that he wasn't browsing images on it.

I don't mind nudity, I don't care if its swinging about mid-change by the lockers, but to wander into the separate toilet area. please, no.

Out of interest, do you take that phone into the shower with you? tw*t.

• Options

Cinders - I loved Dispicable Me 2 - I did think it might be a wee bit scary (intense) for my nearly 4 year old grand daughter though.

• Options
    Dustin wrote (see)

so there I am washing my hands after taking a leak, just before I go for a run.
    Door to trap 2 swings open, and outsteps a middle aged, couple of stone overweight man, as naked (but with more body hair) as the day he was born. No towel, no footwear, no pants, nothing.
    Except he was carrying a phone.

Now I hope that he wasn't browsing images on it.

I don't mind nudity, I don't care if its swinging about mid-change by the lockers, but to wander into the separate toilet area. please, no.

Out of interest, do you take that phone into the shower with you? tw*t.

When I first read this, I thought this had happened in the toilets in your workplace.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Thanks GFB, he loved DM1 so hope it's ok for him.  He's 5 1/2 image

• Options
    Cinders wrote (see)

Anything in particular about it that wasn't good Miffi?  Taking the little one to see it at the weekend.

Cinders, no, nothing in particular just really boring.  the first film was great, I think the second one is just average at best.  disappointing

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Ah well, least it will be a chance for me to have a rest then if nothing else lol image

• Options
    Miffi wrote (see)

gotta ask how you came by that snippet of information? image

Was in Norway yesterday.  Posters everywhere.

• Options

maybe it will gain something in the translation.