Options

BarryTheBaton 2010-11 Events Diary

Comments

• Options

I will plop you on for now as conditionalon other's blessing.image

21/11/10 - Woody2run - Cornish marathon - Millennium House Pensilva Cornwall - Done

17/12/10 - Rusy Rusk - 100 mile -Done

28/12/10- Nurse Gladis - Buntingford 10 mile - Royston, Hertfordshire - Cancelled due to bad weather

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart AND Nurse Gladis - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk - Done

23/ 01/11 - Nurse Gladis - Folksworth 15 - somewhere in East Anglia - Done
    13/02/11 - Strag RouteMaster - LDWA 20 miles - Hindhead in Surrey - Yes - Done.

13/03/11 Alison Cameron - Inverness half Marathon -No-Waiting - Yes - Done

20/ 3/2011; Nurse Gladis; Hurden Tri - Huntingdon - Done

10/04/2011 Helen Richard - Lochaber - Done

17/04/11 - Tickled Pink - VLM - London - Have Barry

02/05/11 BrOders - Belfast Marathon -NO- awaiting Barry

8/5/11 - David Lewis 77 - Shakespeare Marathon - Stratford-on-Avon - No - awaiting Barry

22/05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Aberdeen Beach Boulevard - No - awaiting Barry

28/05/11 BMF-Warrior (through FB) 3,000 ft Cader Idris fell race -No- awaiting Barry

31/05/11 -BMF Warrior-  Liverbird Mara -NO awaiting Barry ??

04/06/11 Biker Mouse - SDR - ? - No - awaiting Barry

25-26/ 06/11 - Irene Miller - ?? (24 hr relay) - No- awaiting Barry

03/07/11 Biker Mouse - Bewl 15 - ? - no - awaiting Barry

08/07/11 Becky Healey -Double Badwater USA -no -awaiting Barry  (Barry returns on 19th July)

14/08/11 Philip Teece et al - Isle of Man Marathon-No- awaiting Barry

25/09/11 Dawn McDonald  Dumfries Half Marathon-No - Awaiting Barry

• Options

Just when you think you can't get any more jealous of piece of wood he gets an offer to the USA image

You have my blessing Barry enjoy image

• Options
    That's awesome!!! Anyone who attempts the Badwater has my full admiration and respect! Lucky Baz what an experience !!!

Hi to everyone else and TP enjoy VLM with the little fella X
  • Options

He had a lovely time at the Expo today and got his photo taken with the trophy image  and signed the wall but got all camera shy when Andrew Lemoncello was talking to me.

Sticky moment earlier when flybe failed to deliver my bag from my flight .... nasty moment but at least my shoes and Barry were in my handluggage image .... the bag turned up about an hour late ... it had got stuck somewhere.

• Options

Never thought I would be jealous over anything 7 inches long,hard and that thin but given Barry's trip to planned trip to USA and him brushing shoulders with celebs at Expo, I thinkI maybe a touch enviousimage

Anyway  TP and Baz -enjoy!!  There are some other "coasters" doing VLM too and maybe you will meet .

I will be strenuously watching on my flat screen on Sunday. Lovely to see some of the "old feel"  on this thread too. Actually am quite moved by seeing it here imageimageimage

• Options

GOOD LUCK BARRY AND TICKLED PINK!!imageimage

ENJOY IT BABES

xx

• Options

Good luck TP and PT!!!! have a great run today

PT hope you continue your fantastic ability to get round VLM in a speedy time

TP enjoy your first experience of VLM its just the best ever

Lets us know how you get on guys

image image image  XXX

• Options

yes -  Good Luck Philip too. Another  PB biting the dust I guessimageimage

• Options
    Philip should be on his way home now-lolimage TP not far behindimage
  • Options

TP and Barry completed safe and soundimage They'll fill youin.

Wonder how our Phil did?image

• Options

Barry and I are home now and unpacked.  I'm resting on the sofa, he's on the dining room table image

I will try to upload some photos to FB tomorrow if I can find the camera cable.  I got him in one of my official finishing photos too but he'll not be in any of the others as he spent a lot of time in my bum bag.  It was very hot and I was in need of  both hands to hold water and wipe sweat .... and I was terrified he'd get knocked off my wrist when it was very busy.  But round he went image .... they wouldn't give me an extra medal for him though .... and sorry, but he's not having mine!!

He needs to go off again very soon but the next person hasn't got back to me with an address.  I'm away on holiday from very early Friday morning so he will need to be in the post before then.  Is there a Plan B if the next person doesn't check in?  I sent a PM

• Options

Perhaps post him to Woody2run TPimage I think he lives not far from Br0ders .

well done on your mara - and rest is a great ideaimage

• Options
    TP - I forgot you were carrying Barry.  I meant to have a look/hold of him! image  You could have introduced him to Min.
  • Options

Well done TP and Barry sounds like you and Barry had great time.

I'm not in contact with BrOders but I don't mind you sending Barry special delivery to me if BrOders doesn't get in touch. I would suggest you leave it as late as possible, although I plan on running Rivington pike fell race on Saturday, so he could tag along on that if he fancies it and arrives in time?

• Options

I've messaged SJPC14 to see if he has any contact details for BrOders I will keep you posted. image

• Options

21/11/10 - Woody2run - Cornish marathon - Millennium House Pensilva Cornwall - Done

28/12/10- Nurse Gladis - Buntingford 10 mile - Royston, Hertfordshire - Cancelled due to bad weather

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart AND Nurse Gladis - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk - Done

17/04/11 - Tickled Pink - VLM - London - Have Barry - DONE

02/05/11 BrOders - Belfast Marathon -NO- awaiting Barry

8/5/11 - David Lewis 77 - Shakespeare Marathon - Stratford-on-Avon - No - awaiting Barry

22/05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Aberdeen Beach Boulevard - No - awaiting Barry

28/05/11 BMF-Warrior (through FB) 3,000 ft Cader Idris fell race -No- awaiting Barry

08/07/11 Becky Healey -Double Badwater USA -no -awaiting Barry  (Barry returns on 19th July)

• Options
    woody2run wrote (see)

I'm not in contact with BrOders but I don't mind you sending Barry special delivery to me if BrOders doesn't get in touch. I would suggest you leave it as late as possible, although I plan on running Rivington pike fell race on Saturday, so he could tag along on that if he fancies it and arrives in time?

Woody -we have 3 weeks to get hold of Br0ders wherever Barry is. It would be great if he could do Rivington with his daddyimage

His schedule is  quite packed image

• Options
    Br0ders sent an email last night so Barry has been parcelled up and is now on his way to his next appointment.  image
  • Options

great news TPimage

You never know you may start missing his little wooden presence. I am glad you enjoyed your time with him and you never know,you could meet him again.

• Options
    hi all had a great day sunday bit dissapointed with time massive stich at 21mile had to walk for 5mins to ease the pain 2hr 51min 23 secs  on for a 2hr 45 .waited a while at finish to see barry but started to seize up badly so made way to meet family .well done tp and barry and gud luck for the usa adventure shud be quite hot my friend .
  • Options

bloody hell Philip -that is still a good time stitch or not-lolimage You will see Barry soon enough.

Well doneimage

• Options
    Are you safe with our Br0ders Barry?image
  • Options

According to the Post Office Tracker Barry was delivered yesterday.

I may yet meet Barry again as I've somehow found myself entering the Baker Hughes 10K and I'll get a chance to say hello before he heads off with Duckinator image

• Options
    image great news TP. Hope you do get another chance.Folk have been known to miss him -lol
  • Options

Shame about the stitch Phil, still a brilliant time well done. image

To take take part in diary event you

1/ Have to be a coaster ( took part in the 2010 event).

2/ Have to use "Special Delivery" to post Barry on (he is valuable) or pass on by hand

3/ Priority to British Events.

4/ In the event that two runners are doing races on same date, priority will go to the runner that has not run a previous Diary event. or a ballot If both runners have equal claim.

• Options

Barry's Diary

When-Who- What-Where-details received from the next runner- Barry status (you have/ in post etc).

02/05/11 BrOders - Belfast Marathon -NO- waiting confirmation- delivered 20/04/11 ?

• Options

nice to see our woody putting the diary upimage keep the faith

• Options
    We have a coaster Smiggy1959 wanting toi do an October Mara with Baz.  Hopefully he will plop himself on our listimage 
  • Options

Barry's Diary

When-Who- What-Where-details received from the next runner- Barry status (you have/ in post etc).

02/05/11 BrOders - Belfast Marathon - Have Barry

?/10/11 Smiggy1959 - marathon -  / - No awaiting Barry

Morning guys; Thats great but can we have more details from you please Smiggy then i`ll add you officialy!! image