Options

BarryTheBaton 2010-11 Events Diary

Comments

• Options
    Pottermiss, If you want pics of you & Barry at Potter's 'Arf, then I'll be around the hour before. I'll be wearing mad coloured trousers, & red Liverbird marathon t-shirt. image
  • Options
    pottermisspottermiss ✭✭✭
    Barry has just arrived image I had a message to pick him up from the sorting office on my way home from work, so hungry he started nibbling the packaging.

I will be outside what used to be the French Horn and I think is now called the Metro in the centre of Hanley half an hour before the start as meeting some fellow Stokie runners for a photo before the start, it's not far from where they put the portaloos.

Hope Barry doesn't mind a slower run, I remember getting overtaken by some in fancy dress last time and being neck and neck with Scooby Doo for a while, still we will have a good time whatever!

• Options

Oh poor Barry. Get some pasta down him. I'll look out for you. Well, I'll look out for Baz, as I don't know what you look like!

What time do you think you'll do? I got overtaken by 3 inflatable sumos at the Eyam HM.... image

It's going to pour down all day. Does Baz have a mack & sou' wester...?? image

• Options
    pottermisspottermiss ✭✭✭
    He is currently wearing a Stoke shirt, not sure it will keep him dry though image

Last year it was my first half marathon and it took me 2.32. but I was very happy not to come last! I would like to at least beat that, at least this time I know what I've let myself in for!
  • Options
    We might be quite close together then. I got a HM PB of 2:29 half way through the marathon last week....But that was flat. This one is hilly. I would love a 2:25.
  • Options
    Good luck and I hope you achieve your goals. image
  • Options
    pottermisspottermiss ✭✭✭
    Barry has had a nice visit to Shrewsbury today, the photos are on the facebook page. He is now having a little rest x
  • Options

Some pics from my week with Barry. image

Have loads more, but my computer still misbehaving, & taking AGES to upload pics.

Good to catch up with him again last Sunday when I met pottermiss. image

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.233770383302967.86119.100000100207406&l=44fa4b0dab
  • Options
    pottermisspottermiss ✭✭✭
    I have not yet had a message as to where Barry needs to go next, he is welcome to stay as long as he wants but I thought he was needed elsewhere quite soon. image
  • Options

Hi Pottermiss,

I'm looking for Barry to help us with the 24-hour relay for life, raising money for Cancer Research. How do I get my postal details to you so that you can send Barry on to me for Saturday?

• Options
    pottermisspottermiss ✭✭✭
    Barry has now been posted! Look out for him he doesn't like being left at the sorting office image
  • Options
    Barry is safely with me. We did a gentle session of jogging in the rain last night and he is resting, eating and drinking in preparation for the long haul starting Saturday. He claims lager helps him to carbo-load!
  • Options

It's going to get warmer for the weekend. He should like that. image

Love you Barry!!

Barry Fan (Ria) xx

• Options
    yeaaaa go Irene and Barry image
  • Options

To take take part in diary event you

1/ Have to be a coaster ( took part in the 2010 event). Unless agreed otherwise.

2/ Have to use "Special Delivery" to post Barry on (he is valuable) or pass on by hand

3/ Priority to British Events.

4/ In the event that two runners are doing races on same date, priority will go to the runner that has not run a previous Diary event. or a ballot If both runners have equal claim.

• Options

Barry's Diary

When-Who- What-Where-details received from the next runner- Barry status (you have/ in post etc).

21/11/10 - Woody2run - Cornish marathon - Millennium House Pensilva Cornwall - Done

17/12/10 - Rusy Rusk - 100 mile -Done

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart AND Nurse Gladis - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk - Done

23/ 01/11 - Nurse Gladis - Folksworth 15 - somewhere in East Anglia - Done                                                
    13/02/11 - Strag RouteMaster - LDWA 20 miles - Hindhead in Surrey  - Done.

13/03/11 Alison Cameron - Inverness half Marathon - Done

20/ 3/2011; Nurse Gladis; Hurden Tri - Huntingdon - Done

10/04/2011 Helen Richard - Lochaber - Done

17/04/11 - Tickled Pink - VLM - London - Done

02/05/11 BrOders - Belfast Marathon - Done

8/5/11 - David Lewis 77 - Shakespeare Marathon - Stratford-on-Avon - done

17/05/11 Mrs Duck - done

22/05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Beach Boulevard- done

28/05/11- Barry Fan - 3,000 ft Cader Idris mountain/fell race, 10.5 miles. Has Barry.

29/5/11 - Barry Fan - Blackpool Beach 10k, plus Blackpool Pleasure Beach!!

30/5/11 - Barry Fan - Baby Beat 5k, Preston.

31/05/11 - Barry Fan - Liverbird Marathon, Liverpool.

04/06/11 Biker Mouse - SDR - ? - No awaiting Barry

12/06/11 Pottermiss - Potters Arf -  Hanley Staffordshire - No awaiting Barry

25-26/ 06/11 - Irene Miller - 24 hr relay - Dalgety Bay; Fife - has Barry

03/07/11 Biker Mouse - Bewl 15 - ? - no awaiting Barry

08/07/11 Becky Healey -Double Badwater USA -no awaiting Barry  (Barry returns on 19th July)

30/07/11 9sqrun - Lakeland 50 - Cumbria - No awaiting Barry

14/08/11 Philip Teece et al - Isle of Man Marathon-No awaiting Barry

21/08/2011 - JogScotland Fraserburgh - BRG Challenge -No -Awaiting Barry

04/09/ 2011 - Victoria Fry Hendry -Moray Marathon -No -Awaiting Barry

25/09/11 Dawn McDonald  Dumfries Half Marathon-No Awaiting Barry

?/10/11 Smiggy1959 - marathon -  ?- No awaiting Barry

24/12/2011 David Lewis 77 - 2011 in 2011 - parkrun - Milton Keynes - No Awaiting Barry

• Options

Barry, what a star!

24 hours round and round the track in sunshine, pouring rain, daylight and dark!

Barry is sleeping just now, having helped our team raise over £1,000 and the whole event raised over £65,000 for cacer research.

• Options
    wow that's incredible well done to you all image
  • Options
    excellent Irene and Baz
  • Options

OK, Barry is now eating and drinking me out of house and home. He slept for hours on Sunday then ate all the ice cream from the freezer. Can someone let me know where Barry needs to be next? Biker Mouse, I think he's coming to you so if you can get in touch I'll send him on.

I've given him haggis for tea so that seems to have filled him up, along with some ten-year-old Clynelish to wash it down. He looks very content at the moment imageimage

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

08/07/11 Becky Healey -Double Badwater USA -no awaiting Barry  (Barry returns on 19th July)

I am presuming that Becky will be flying out before the 8th. The earliest Barry could leave me is the 5th. If he didn't get to Becky until the 6th, would this be ok or too late? I'm thinking that it may be too late so he may need to bypass me and go straight to Becky. I think if you asked Barry he would rather a trip to USA than a run around Bewl.

Sorry - just to add - well done Barry!!! image

• Options

Irene & Baz you are both ninjas. image

Poor poppet must be knackered now. image

Has he had a beer?

• Options

Barry has had beer, wine and whisky. He has eclectic taste!

I need to get him on his journey again or I will soon have noothing left in the cupboards. He was ravenous after that long run. Can someone please let me know where he should go? I'll check Facebook as well so just give me an address and I'll get things sorted.

Of course I'll miss his happy little face in the mornings but my frying pan needs a rest.

What's that? More eggs, Barry? Coming up!

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Becky hasn't been around in a while and hasn't enabled messaging - just did a search on her name and forum profile.

I'll pm you my snail mail then. I guess he'll miss out on his trip to the States.

• Options
    Sorry BM don't have any sign of your message and I'm worried it has gone to my old mail account. Are you on facebook? If you are can you contact me there to give me your address. I need to egt Barry in the post first thing tomorrow to reach you in time..
  • Options
    Barry's Diary

When-Who- What-Where-details received from the next runner- Barry status (you have/ in post etc).

21/11/10 - Woody2run - Cornish marathon - Millennium House Pensilva Cornwall - Done

17/12/10 - Rusy Rusk - 100 mile -Done

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart AND Nurse Gladis - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk - Done

23/ 01/11 - Nurse Gladis - Folksworth 15 - somewhere in East Anglia - Done
    13/02/11 - Strag RouteMaster - LDWA 20 miles - Hindhead in Surrey - Done.

13/03/11 Alison Cameron - Inverness half Marathon - Done

20/ 3/2011; Nurse Gladis; Hurden Tri - Huntingdon - Done

10/04/2011 Helen Richard - Lochaber - Done

17/04/11 - Tickled Pink - VLM - London - Done

02/05/11 BrOders - Belfast Marathon - Done

8/5/11 - David Lewis 77 - Shakespeare Marathon - Stratford-on-Avon - done

17/05/11 Mrs Duck - done

22/05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Beach Boulevard- done

28/05/11- Barry Fan - 3,000 ft Cader Idris mountain/fell race, 10.5 miles. Has Barry.

29/5/11 - Barry Fan - Blackpool Beach 10k, plus Blackpool Pleasure Beach!!

30/5/11 - Barry Fan - Baby Beat 5k, Preston.

31/05/11 - Barry Fan - Liverbird Marathon, Liverpool.

04/06/11 Biker Mouse - SDR - ? - No awaiting Barry

12/06/11 Pottermiss - Potters Arf - Hanley Staffordshire - No awaiting Barry

25-26/ 06/11 - Irene Miller - 24 hr relay - Dalgety Bay; Fife - has Barry

08/07/11 Becky Healey -Double Badwater USA -no awaiting Barry (Barry returns on 19th July)

30/07/11 9sqrun - Lakeland 50 - Cumbria - No awaiting Barry

14/08/11 Philip Teece et al - Isle of Man Marathon-No awaiting Barry

21/08/2011 - JogScotland Fraserburgh - BRG Challenge -No -Awaiting Barry

04/09/ 2011 - Victoria Fry Hendry -Moray Marathon -No -Awaiting Barry

25/09/11 Dawn McDonald Dumfries Half Marathon-No Awaiting Barry

?/10/11 Smiggy1959 - marathon - ?- No awaiting Barry

04/12/2011 Runnaholic - Singapore Marathon - awaiting Barry (will be away 30/11 - 07Dec)

24/12/2011 David Lewis 77 - 2011 in 2011 - parkrun - Milton Keynes - No Awaiting Barry
  • Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭
    Sorry Irene didn't find Barry's FB page - I was a little tired last week as I had 3 races. I hope that you have managed to stop Barry from eating the furniture. Just as well he's not here, out fridge has just packed up and all the food has gone off. image I think he would be starving by now. Or else taken up residence at the place known as 'stinky chicken'.
  • Options
    has Becky got Barry? If not who has him?
  • Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭
    Stu - last I heard neither Irene or I were able to get hold of Becky - she hadn't turned on messaging here. So I presume that Barry is still with Irene.
  • Options
    ta - I sort assumed that. Just wanted confirmation. I am sure Irene will look after him image