Options

Crap at relationships

Comments

• Options

Corrie, you doing anything nice on the weekend?

Our trip to Germany didn't feel like much of a holiday in some respects so I just booked us into a dog friendly B&B on Cardigan Bay, just to get away for a couple of days...  then we've got got Fonmon Dog show on Monday and a BBQ at friends on Tuesday...

• Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭

Parents eh?

Hope it works out for you as best it can Nam

Anyway, the weekend starts here! 

Bye!

x

• Options

Hi folks.  Met up with Soupy & Mr Soupy for dinner last night, was lovely to catch up with them.  Mr Soupy is very funny!  So happy about the 4 day weekend image  Off to see Prometheus in 3D tonight, looking forward to that.  Then lots of lounging this weekend I think.  Studying too image  Hope you all have a good one xxxx

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I've (surprisingly) got lots of swimming planned for this weekend.

• Options
    Glad you had fun with the Soups image

S has arrived, comandeered the laptop and a sofa and will nod off soon! Busy day at work but 3 day weedend. Wedding reception tomorrow, out with friends Sunday night, daytrip to Inverness on Monday.
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

TP, I heard something on the radio today about Scottish vets being trained to look for the symptoms of domestic abuse.  It said that there is a trend between abuse of pets and abuse of other family members so vets were being trained to look for the symptoms and report it.  Have you heard of this?

• Options
    I have, there has been stuff in the Vet Press about it. Not seen any courses on offer yet thought. We are lucky and don't see much pet abuse (other than obesity). Who knows about people .... It happens in all parts of society.
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Not sure what they meant when they said training.  Could just be a glossy brochure of guidelines.  But they did say that it was supposed to give the vets confidence on how to deal with both victims and abusers.

I wondered how useful it would be.  Do people who abuse animals really bring them to the vet?  I would have thought that if they cared so little for them then a vet would be seen as an unnecesary expense, but then I'm no expert.

• Options
    The consensus of thought is along the same lines as you SC but I suppose there may be some people who can be helped. I think it is something which experienced vets would cope with but young vets might need some help with. Much of the job is people skills.
  • Options
    P.s. meant to say happy birthday MO! Hope you managed to have a nice day despite being worried about your Dad, and i hope he's doing okay in hospital xx
  • Options
    Oh, I missed the birthday too. Hope it was a good one .... still many behind meimage

Morning! Sun shiney, off to parkrun dressed as the Queen. One is handing out the numbers and waving.
  • Options

Howdy folks.  I'm back on the mainland after a wonderful few days in Belfast.

MO - belated happy birthday.  Hope you had a good one and that your dad is on the mend soon.

Nam - that is a crap situation with the care of your Mum.  An added stress you don't need.  Have a lovely trip.

*waves to everyone* Hope you all have good extended weekends.

Kaz - apparently one of the roles of the RSCPA is to do a risk assessment on the home and welfare of children.  People are more willing to let them in rather than a government agency, thinking they are just there to look at the animal.  Sneaky but effective.

• Options

Howdy Par-ten-er!  (Name that film .... )

My friend's from Belfast and he has a lovely accent.  How is SP?

... and what are you up to this weekend BDB?

• Options
    Been to a lovely wedding with ceildh band and massive marquee inthe grounds of her parents house. Wedding dont get much more special as loads of personal touches. Bloody chilly though, heating on and jimjams in evidence now.
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)

Kaz - apparently one of the roles of the RSCPA is to do a risk assessment on the home and welfare of children.  People are more willing to let them in rather than a government agency, thinking they are just there to look at the animal.  Sneaky but effective.

That's always been the case BDB.  When I worked for an animal charity I used to do home visits, and there were occassions when we phoned social services if we thought that someone wasn't coping very well with life.

You don't want to know about some of the things I have seen.

• Options
    Afternoon all. This place is dead during the bank hols! Are you off tomorrow BDB?! How exciting!
  • Options
    Been busy not being Crap for the weekend. He's home now and I have been at work ..... well it looked like rain so no sense wasting a days holiday.
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Thumbs up for not being crap TP.

I am being particularly crap at not understanding people.

• Options
    Nice one TP image I suppose i could say i was being crap, but then my life is one big crap fest when it comes to blokes, so no change there thenimage hehehe. In all seriousness though, i've had a lovely long weekend. Caught up with a few pals, went to cinema to see Prometheus which was good, then another film gig the next night where we watched a few diffent short films. Fair bit of studying done too, which i'm really enjoying (helped by the hot man in the library who was in front of me two days runningimage ) and otherwise generally mooching about. Been nice image glad to only have a three day week to go now!

Well done on all your swimming achievements recently Caz; hope they've helped make life a bit cheerier.
  • Options
    Red Squirrel. wrote (see)

Howdy Par-ten-er!  (Name that film .... )

My friend's from Belfast and he has a lovely accent.  How is SP?

... and what are you up to this weekend BDB?

RS - I'm not big on Westerns so am going to have to go with Steve Martin as Cowboy Dan in Parenthoodimage  SP is just lovely but I wont make you all heave by gushing any more than that.

Busy weekend - Coldplay Saturday who were just fab.  Got a bit soggy having to hang around to get a tube back home.  And I didn't take a jacket, silly me.  Still, I didn't melt.  Sunday was catching up with an old friend I've not seen for a couple of years, then Monday off to other friends and to see my adorable god daughter.  We all got rather drunk (not the 4 year old of course) and much fun was had.  Met some other friends who I hadn't seen for too long for lunch yesterday, then home last night.  Phew!

Today and tomorrow is just getting everything together then off - gulp! 

Hope everyone has had fab weekends.

• Options

Lee - we also saw Promtheous last week at a midnight screening.  I enjoyed it, but the dialogue was very clunky at times and a couple of the plot strands just didn't get concluded/explained I thought.  No doubt, being a Ridley Scott filum, there will be a directors cut where some things make a bit more sense.

• Options

image Shouldn't you be packing? image

Chucking it down here today but as I am at work so it's not bothering me much.  It's not really betting me in the holiday mood though ....

• Options

hulloo... we're back from our travels... image

a happy weekend was spent in Cardigan Bay and the B&B was fab... like a proper working farm with accommodation, 2 resident collies for Kara to play with, lovely woods, great walks, nice countryside, lovely seaside...  did a day trip to St Davids but rather too many people for my liking...

back at work and seems like everyone else has taken the rest of the week off... image

• Options

Caz the correlation between pet abuse and domestic violence has long been documented... http://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-violence-articles.asp?section=00010001002200190001&itemid=1022&itemTitle=Resources+relating+to+pet+abuse+and+domestic+violence

Interesting about the notion of training animal welfare officers to keep an eye out for symptoms...  I would guess that visiting officers like RSPCA, dog wardens etc are much more likely to come across this though than your normal vet, as the type of people we're talking about don't usually bother with vets.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Feeling even more mixed up and confused today.  Too many things going on for me to be able to untangle them all and deal with each issue separatly.

• Options

Morning...

Well it's been binning down here since 3am...  Talking about bins... the dog is currently trained in the art of litter picking....  My local park is usually a f*cking mess thanks to thoughtless locals who live like pigs...  I thought we have two choices, moan about it or do something about it.  Moaning about it I have done for a long time but of course nothing ever changes by way of the council putting in more resources after weekends, or at least trying to make some effort to enforce littering by way of fines etc...  So now, every morning while Kara strolls and sniffs, I am out with a plastic bag and pick up plastic bottles, drinks cans, crips bags, school milk cartons en masse etc.  the grimmest we've had so far... used condoms, and used nappies. image  this mornings oddity... half a bike saddle... image

But on a more positive note it looks a lot nicer now... if only everyone would do their bit, the place would look so much better.  ...plus Tesco give you "green club card points" for every aluminium can you recycle at their machine... image

• Options

That's very community spirited of you Nam.  So ignorant of people to litter so flagrantly - hopefully your example will encourage others to be less inconsiderate.

I'm nearly packed and ready.  Excited about the flight as apparently I've been upgraded.  Which is nice image

Not sure how often I'll get a chance to check in while I'm away, but I will when I can.  Keep well and happy all of you *mwah*

• Options

Aw have a fabulous time BDB, can't wait to hear all about it image  Well, the stuff about India; too much IT stuff might make me go  imageimageimage hehehe.  Good news on the upgrade, i've never had the privilege, and I sure as hell ain't paying for it, lol.  Remember to pack your camera and charger!

Nice work there Nam.  I would probably just moan and not do anything about it, so good on you.  Maybe it will encourage others to pick stuff up if they see you doing it? 

Caz, hope you're okay.  With so much going on, why not try to keep a journal just to write ti all down; it might help you differentiate all the different emotions and enable you to work through what's happening?  I've found that sort of thing really useful in the past.  Hugs to you xxx

• Options

Bon Voyage image Have a fab time and don't miss us too much!  Can't wait to see the photos ... of India ... not of computery things.

I've had a few upgrades and very nice too on a long haul flight although First Class is a little bit OTT for my comfort.

Well done on the litter picking Nam, I loathe litter.  It's just so unnecessary.

I had my appraisal today.  Went well.  We agreed that my time management is rubbish but that despite that I never miss a deadline. image