Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2011

Comments

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Staying at Y Gwynedd this time. Price for Royal Vic double what i paid last yearimage
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Hotel sorted for Chester too nowimage
  • Options
    Yay, Chrissi image

I read Feet in the Clouds over Christmas too, only to then discover two of my immediate family have run the BG (one being mentioned in the book), and I didn't know!!! image
    (I should mention that they ran it before I was born - that's my excuse for my ignorance, anyhow image )
    Just confirms the author's assertion that fell runners are pretty unassuming and humble folk on the whole, and run hills and mountains because they can, and because they are there.
  • Options
    lol re the Chester marathon - just seen the ad for it in this months RW mag - actually a pic at the start which must have been 3 miles from the centre of Chester (where the clock, in the pic, is situated)!!
  • Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

SD image have to justify another running jacket on the back of the spare room door somehow.  Know what you mean about Advanced Marathon 4 hrs is something i can only dream of.

JD i'm going to try to not come last again at Cader

Frodo that is pretty cool any plans to follow in their footsteps image

Just cooked up a big pot of vege soup for lunches next week yum

• Options
    Let's just say we'll see how the Lakeland 50 goes in July, Chrissi image
  • Options

Chrissi / SD ....you can still follow the programme on the advanced marathon as  you can just work out the percentages to get your times for the different runs.  When i first read it I could not even contemplate starting it but I did and I followed it to the very end and it worked.  Dont give up on it image

Well a 6.5mile fell race for me today and boy that was a tough one...plenty of mud, plenty of bogs, plenty of water and plenty of bloody hillsimage  Huge great big walled pond to jump in though right after the finish line to clean up and aid the recovery of some very tired legs...was freezing cold mountain water!!!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrimage Well chuffed with myself as I managed to get third lady home in 55:30  .......do have to admit to thinking that I wont be hurrying back to do it next year image

JD .....good to see you on the start list of Snowdoina ....just wouldnt seem right for you not to be doing it !!!!

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend.  Gonna put my feet up with a large vino shortly and not move for the rest of the evening !!!!

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

NQ2- good result to get third ladyimage. Is that the same as first woman though?image Yep, I'm in- blasted the plastic last night entering 2 marasimage

Chrissi- That's the spiritimage, but someone's got to be last in every race- and think of all the millions of people who wouldn't even dream of walking up there, never mind racingimage

• Options

Hi all

NQ2 well done cracking timeimage

JD Glad you inimage

And Chrissi you go girl!!image

Hilly 11miler for me today, building mialage up slowly....great to be running pain freeimage

• Options

NQ2-well done girl.

Chrissi-you have the courage to do Snod....you know how good that feelsimage

JD- at last, you have entered Snod, so glad as I may actually get to meet you this year. I see you are doing a double.. go on.. enter another within that time frame..did me a world of good ( 3 in 7 weeks)image

Anyway, Monday again...

happy week everyone

• Options

Well done again NQ........I'm so glad you said you wouldn't hurry back to do that one again...just emphasises how right i was to swear never to do it in the first place!!!

Sore hip thingy going on here, managed a huge 4 miles on friday, same on saturday, same on sunday.....really just trying to see what was going on and if running made it worse etc.  Seems to be the same no matter what i do although running uphill is what aggravates it.............not good when i have a hilly half to do in 2 weeks image  On with the ibuprofen and hot water bottles and see what this week brings...not sure whether to keep running or just rest it this week!!

Stilldreaming.....I followed the 55 mile plan for Snod last year and my target time was nowhere near 4 hours, having just done London in 5.18 when i started thte plan in june.  You just work out your own timings and paces and tailor it to suit yourself.  IT WORKS!!!  It's very daunting to read but I couldn't recommend it highly enough to anyone who wants to run a faster than before marathon!!

Good running everyone

Already looking forward to the evening after the little run round the big hill 2011!!!!! image

• Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

NQ2 well done

Well just finished my vege soup very yum

Started my get fit for SNOD campaign this morning with Insanity cardio plyometric circuit at 7am dying by about 7.30am it was the press up/planky type circuit that killed me - (i am a total girl and cannot do a proper pressup to save my life) image

Andrea thanks for the AM tip now i just have to become a maths genius to work it all out - hope your sore hip gets better

• Options

Does anyone know if there are any facilities to shower after the marathon?

I've hired a cottage for the family but we have to have checked out by 10am on 29th and don't fancy driving back to Sussex without a freshen up!

• Options
    Chrissi ....i can highly recommend Andrea B as a bit of a maths wizzard ....i know she worked my V02 splits out in a jiffy .....i was still counting my fingers and thumbsimage
  • Options

Hahahaha niki!!  And at least there's one thing i'm faster than the super fast Jason D at too!!  Not much of a claim to fame really!!! 

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

M. Le Cheese - no there aren't.  One of the few downsides of this event.  Mind you there will be enough water coming out of the sky to compensate, I'm sure.

nicola - which group would you like to be in, dear?

Something of a crisis chez T Rex.  Mrs T Rex was rushed into hospital last night with a heart rate of 230 bpm which was either a result of or has subsequently caused heart muscle damage.  Cardiologist not sure yet and she is to remain in until complete investigation, angiogram, etc.  Not what we would want or expect at age 48.

• Options
    No! Poor Mrs Trex image
    All best wishes from the hobbit household image
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Hope she doesn't mind me giving her age away there ...

Thanks, *Frodo*.

• Options
    T-rex You and Mrs rex are my prayers.
  • Options
    T Rex,my thoughts are with you both.
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    T Rex- best wishes to Mrs R and your good self
  • Options
    T Rex.....thinking of you and Mrs R xx
  • Options
    Hope your wife is okay Trex thinking about you all. Keep us posted. X
  • Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭
    Virtual hugs to both of you T-rex  xx
  • Options

T Rex - I'm so sorry to hear your news.   Hope things are a bit better today. xx

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭

echo what everyone else has said TRex...best wishes to you both and i hope she's on the mend soon  X

• Options

T-rex,hope your wife gets well soon

Just entered the race, so please can you put me down for the possible sub 3hr group.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Sub-3??

<<thud>>

Clearly your running is coming on in leaps and bounds, bionic bt.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. image   The touch and go moment was on Sunday evening when I wasn't at home.  Mrs TR has had no further relapse and remains on a cardiac ward awaiting further tests.  Had she not had the sense to call an ambulance it could have been a very different story. Even leaving it the hour or so she did is too long if you're having an irregular/very elevated heart rate.

We press on.

Keep up the running chat ...

• Options
    T-Rex .......sorry to hear the news....hope she gets better soon. image