Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2011

Comments

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭

well after a lot of deliberation .......................... I thought I'd give this a go again this year! image

roll on 29th October! image

• Options

And me!!!  image

Is the entry list showing up for anyone else, as when I go to it it is showing no results!

• Options

Happy New Year Every one!!!image

Was sitting on my bed with wife and daughter when my daughter pointed out I needed a new snod T-shirt (as had 2010 one on) that reminded me that I could enter so.............................just enteredimage ! Going out for a 6miler in a bit.

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭

no entry list here either Andrea

• Options

all entered, will be my second marathon.

Any recommendations for accomodation?

Thanks muchly!

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭

entry list is working now...good to see we're not alone in our insanity! image

• Options
    I've booked my place. 66 persons entered already.
  • Options
    Hello and Happy New Year to all. I'm the 74th person to enter today. Can't wait to have another go. And as a bonus, there's a lot of very slow running to fit in before the 29th Oct.
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

6.36m recovery for me this evening.

I haven't entered!image

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Yet!

Just waiting to find out date of Abingdon. Don't want to find they're on consecutive daysimage

• Options
    I have entered image
    And for the Lakeland 50 too image

*potters off to go and lie in a darkened room*
  • Options

I've entered. 

This will be my 4th marathon: Paris 09, London 10, Dublin 10, Rotterdam 11, after saying "i'll never run a marathon" 

Not sure quite how to train for Snowdonia, maybe some running on the south downs?  I don't think Rotterdam will be quite as hilly.....

Anyone know if there are showers etc at the finish? 

• Options

Frodo ....if you need certifying i will hold my hand up to offer help !!! 

smilies/wink_smiley.gif

smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Good on you ,,,im still contemplating my first 33!!!

Woooohoooo tried to enter at 1.28 am ...no luck

smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Got home form work and entered 52nd on the entry list ...now up to over 100 .....bring it on Snowdonia 2011 .....
    smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Robejo ...i ran the whole race in Asics kayanos last year and all was well ....cant necessarily say the same about switching to the Asics kayano 17's.....which at first i thought were great but am suffering badly with blisters on the longer runs so if i can i will be very soon switching back to kayano 16's

JD .....have some fun jumping up and down on that new toy.....i somehow prefer to use a trampoline for that.....imageimage  Have fun... i think you will soon see the benefits of treadmill running.....not as a complete alternative ...but is a very handy tool!!!!!

Happy new year to one and all ....have only got back to running in the last 10mdays after a chest infection so am thinking gloucester may well be out of bounds right now..but plently of other races on the cards image

• Options
    Whoops smileys do not appear to be working image)
  • Options

Great to see so many familiar names on entry listimage

My planned daylight 6miler ended up a night time drizzly 6miler.......loved it first time since 2weeks before snod that I have felt 100% recovered from my leg injury average pace 8:19image

• Options
    Ps Frodo you truly have stepped over to the dark-side.............you go girl!!image
  • Options
    Greg CGreg C ✭✭✭

Happy New Year everyone!

My entry is now in image

Just ordered a Garmin Forerunner 305 with my birthday cash image

• Options

Afternoon all, my entry is now in as well!  Heard about this last year and put it on my 'to do' list for 2011.

Roll on October!

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Hello everyone- old and newimage

NQ- I agree- I'm planning on adding a short daily treadmill session on the weekdays to practise running at MPimage Contemplating or entering-??

TR- great news- well doneimage

Frodo- imageimage Gppd luck!!!!image

Did 16m today with last 8m @6.51 av. Two things learnt today: 1) Stepped on the scales  and realised that I need to lose around a stone in weightimageimageimage 2) (Linked to 1 to some extent) I'm a LONG way from being able to maintain the 6.51 pace for 26.2m. 16m in 1:59.43. Splits: 8:11 8:04 8:06 8:13 8:15 8:14 8:01 7:47 6:51 6:52 6:46image 6:50 6:52 6:54 6:53 6:52 2

• Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

I'm in. Do I get a special prize for being the 200th? Accomodation booked.

I WILL be a decent amount under 4 this year.....

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Options

Anyone have a rule of thumb for expected time in this one given a flat road marathon pb?

PB 3h21m, Dublin 2009.  Going to push for 3h15m  at London 2011.

so.. 4h for snowdon?  Or is that a tad ambitious given that I live in middlesex, where a hill of 100m is a mountain.

Nicola..   thanks, glad the Kayano have worked.  I've been running in a 17 now for about 150 miles without any issues, but haven't done anything longer than 12 miles in them yet. Still I'm now tempted to pick up a cut price 16 before they are phased out

• Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭
    Robejo, my pb is 3:45, did 4:20 at SNOD last year and wasn't in the best of shape. I think you'll do it in 3:30 - 3:40........ 
    If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Options

JD ....still contemplating !!!!!  I will see how the legs hold up. My It bands flared back up doing Snowdonia and i am just about managing them again now.  Have fun with the treadmill ....and loosing a stone in weight.  I say the same thing everytime i get on the scales...I have one problem ...i enjoy food way to much especially the sweet kind !!!!!

Robejo....agree with snapping up a pair of 16's.....i will be keeping a look out as well !!!

!2 miles of hilly trail running today....was a great way to work of the excesses of the weekends festivities!!! Seem to have somehow managed to do 46 miles this week image

• Options

thanks for the info, that's faster than I was expecting. 

Looking fwd to those autumnal hill sessions, but small matter of London first! 

cheers guys and enjoy your running!   

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

NQ2- the weight thing is happening. I love food too, but running moreimage Are you running a mara this month?

Rob- I did Snod 09(first mara) in 3:36 and a flat mara in the following April in 3:14. Bear in mind that there's a lot of downhill at Snod tooimage

• Options
    can anyone recommend accomodation please?
  • Options

Hi all

Welcome to robejo.

Chimney Good to see you are in again I plan to be under 4 this year.....wonder if we will be as close as we where to each other this year as we where last time.

JD Good running that wish I could hold a 6:50 pace for a couple of miles let alone what you did!!image

10miler for today in the daylight!!!!image Managed to get a few hills. Splits where 8:21 8:32 8:36 8:26 8:54 8:05 8:15 8:20 8:20 8:04. Happy with that it's great to be running injury free again.image

• Options

Hiya folks, belated happy new year etc. Just returned from North Yorkshire moors after 11 days of total snow whiteout...fantasticimageimage. No quantity running, but quality superb.

I'm in, entered yesterday via an internet cafe..happy days! Best go and unpack now!

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

TR- well done on the runimage

BR- sounds like fun!image

Wish I knew the date fro Abingdon!! I'll almost certainly be up for my 3rd Snod- got some unfinished businessimage

Realised that this year's VLM is at the beginning of Easter holidays, so really making an event of it and I've just got my card out and booked a holiday cottage for the whole family near St Albans for a week starting the day before VLM- 30 mins train journey from St Pancras, but more family friendly than central London (and cheaper!!)image