Sub 3h15

Comments

• StevieWhStevieWh ✭✭✭
    Good luck Badbark! I hope it all pans out how you have planned it!

Gerard they were on runners need but Adidas currently have a clearance sale which includes the bostons among others .There is a code EXTRA20 to get another 20% off this weekend.

First long run since London this afternoon, 8 miles down the canal and back. 16 miles total at 8.35, although my watch had no idea of pace down the canal dur to tree cover. Really nice route and all hard packed dirt so my first proper off road run.  Last 3 miles were tough but I hadn't eaten anything since 9 so that was probably not helping.

Gul I finally gave the Lidl backpack it's first outing. I've never ran with a backpack before so I've got nothing to compare it too but I think it did it's job. Bit difficult to get my drink bottles out of the side pockets while running but it will do.

Good luck DT and anyone else racing this weekend.
  • GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    Birch - It was bloody brilliant. I highly recommend watching it. Great Q&A's afterwards too. It made me wonder how people can cope with such adversity but then I remembered how painful running a marathon can be!  ;)

Stevie - Cheers for that, I'll have a look. Well done on your 16 miler. 

DT - Good luck for your half. 
  • SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Good luck Badbark.  May you find the mental strength when you need it most.

Good long run Stevie.

Not surprised you're feeling ropey Gerard - well done on the podium place.

Speedy reps Gul.  What's the next race?

Good luck with the track races OO.

Well done on getting the 15 miles completed G-D.

!0K tempo session on the track tonight, with 3K w/u and 3K w/d.  Really struggled to get the pace and HR up for the first 2K (so HR of 155 compared to expected 170 and pace of 4:07 m/km) but managed to push it up from 2K - so HR of 165 and pace of 4:01 m/km for the next 8K - to give 40:26 for the 10K.  It's possible the 4kg I've put on since Brighton is having a detrimental effect on the speed at the moment!

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    SBD - That looks v.good to me. I'm carrying an extra 2kg compared to when I raced a 10k in April and I can feel it on the longer sessions. 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Good luck B.B. and do take care...
  • Morning all - just a quick shout out to wish Madbark all the best for what is simply an amazing undertaking.

Having done 53 miles on the London to Brighton Bike Ride last weekend, I'm just about to run the same distance in the Race to the King from Arundel to Winchester. They're just calling people to the start so will check in a bit later! 
  • BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I'm number 69 (yay!) and you'll be able to track my progress here https://www.myrunresults.com/events/energia_24_(belfast)/2585/results 

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    SBD 40 min 10k training run is great going ,track for that long must be a bit of a pain though ,I know id have to change direction every few laps or my hips would complain.4kg will slow you a bit but try the approx 13 extra I have now and thats after I've lost a bit  !
    Lorenzo that's a BIG run all the best with it.
    Badbark All the best and lucky its not next week when the temps are to be silly .

10m this morn with a pal at 8:30 average,lovely day for it although Thursdays session was still in my legs. Temps forecast for my 10m race are 26c next week ............

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    Leslie - Nice sociable run. Similar here it's cooking and due to ger hotter. 

Lorenzo - I hope your rude goes well. 

Parkrun for me this morning. 19:02, was happy with that time today'after the abuse I've put my body through this week. 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Congrats Gerard not too shabby 

The vets Champs went as expected. Silver in the 1500 in 4:52.Gold went to the uk no1 who broke the uk V55 record with a casual 4:20!
    Silverfor me in 800 with 2:23:09. UK no1 Guy got gold on 2:13.

Then in the 5000 my last event, I finally struck gold with 17:41, a new track PB. All’s well that ends well...
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Badbark going well by the look of it 56 laps in 8:48 and nudged up to 6th place !

0054 2 silvers and a gold that's a cracking days work and sub 18 at last .
  • If I'm reading things correctly, it looks like Madbark is now up to 3rd! :o

Cracking medal haul from OO and equally impressive training 10K from SBD and parkrunning from GM

Tough 53.5 miles for me, mainly trails along the South Downs Way with just over 5,500 ft of climbing in the Race to the King- something of a sufferfest for the last 10-15 miles but finished in a chip time of just over 11 hours. More details tomorrow together with my views on Hokas.

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    quick read back on the 20 posts since I last got on here.

Well done on park run Gerard and the medal haul, oo. 

Great general running everyone else, I'm too tired to post fully.

Badbark, hope you survived.

Just back from Cheshire from yet another bloody hot race day. came in 1.24.04 for my second fastest half. Lost a pb (83.39) in last 2 miles. A few climbs in direct sunshine just ground me down. I was finishing around guys who had gone out with the sub 80 pacer so hoping for a decent runbritain boost. 
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Hope Badbark has done well!

Sounds like a good result, DT19.  It was certainly pretty hot in the south west today.

51 miles this week, including a long run of 15 miles, so I'm getting there.  A fair few hills, too, so although most of the running was steady, there's been a bit of effort in there, too.
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    SBD - belting solo effort there  . . .   

Leslie - nice 10 - always pleasant with a pal  . . 

Gerard -  good parkrun after your, ahem, "social" week  . . 

OO - fantastic track running - great haul of medals, and super times - although imagine running a 4:52 1500m at V55 , and still being 32 seconds behind the winner !  

Lorenzo - other end of the spectrum from OO's exploits, but a great day's work over that distance, and course profile . .   well done to you.

DT - that looks a sound result on such a warm day, with a testingd last couple of miles 

Jools - heartening to see you're back to it with a solid week. 

10 miles this morn with daughter - over by 9:45, thankfully, as temperature rising by the end

just the 33 for the week 

ps - been tracking Badbark - looking forward to his report  . . .   
  • GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    DT - That's a very good result given the adverse conditions. Well done! 

Jools  - Good news. 

Birch - Decent week. 

Badbark is either on the beer or fast a sleep. Hope he had a good one. 

19 miles for me today. Took it very easy, some nice climbs, trail, beach running, rock climbing and aqua jogging. 2:43 time on feet. Was very warm but didn't bother me although I was dreaming of a sea swim as I ran past a number of bays. On the beach now and about to submerge. 
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    I missed out OO's track spectacular.  A clutch of impressive times!
  • BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I finished the Energia 24 hour race clocking up 142.5 miles. This was good enough for 4th overall but more importantly 3rd in Ireland, so I received the Bronze medal. I can't believe I've won a national medal! It was by far the toughest race I have ever run and full report will follow in a few days.
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Gerard - splendid run there - 19 miles on such varying terrain and gradients, whilst "taking it easy"  ?   Looking good for your autumn marathon - I know you are intending Jersey - any inclination to find a flat one?  
    btw, you said " I was dreaming of a sea swim "   -  I hope you're not thinking of The North Channel, after your cinema visit the other night ?   I can see the story now - "Gerard M - Sea Donkey #2 "   ;)
  • StevieWhStevieWh ✭✭✭
    Great run DT, especially in the heat and not on a particularly flat course .

Badbark that is simply incredible. Huge congratulations, enjoy the recovery and celebrations.

OO - incredible times on the track, well done!
    Good long run Gerard, very jealous you have the sea to cool down in!

Nothing to report here just plenty of gardening. My girlfriend and family have very generously got me 4 months coaching for my birthday so looking forward to starting that on Jul 2nd!

• Badbark - incredible stuff. Simply cannot imagining what you must be feeling like and can only prsume that the elation from winning a national medal more than cancels out the feeling in your legs. Trust you're having a beer now.

Huge congrats and look forward to getting the lap-by-lap account of how it went.

Great half there DT - sounds as though you've kept your London form going with that performance
  • SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭

Brilliant stuff Badbark - and a national medal - look forward to the full report.

Well done on the track medals OO - super quick times!

Race to the King sounds like a long hard slog Lorenzo - well done on toughing it out.

Excellent running in the hot conditions DT - you must be due a cool one soon!

Will be interesting to see how you get on with the coaching Stevie ...

Good to get those miles in early Birch.

That could be tough conditions for the 10 mile race Leslie - what time of day is it?

Coming along nicely Jools.

That's a good long run Gerard and a fast 5k on Saturday.  Enjoy the swim.

No beach here in Buckinghamshire so I'll have just have make do with a beer after the early evening long run.  Another 16 miles, with temperatures at 23deg C but I think I'm beginning to get used to the heat.  Nice and steady at an average 7:38 pace, giving me 65 miles for the week.

Just need to get my mind in shape for the hilly 10K on Tuesday evening.  Temperatures are looking a little on the hot side so it should be fun!

• Great run badbark! Saw a photo from the start and you look very happy. You just beat our local star female runner (Sam Amend, #113) into 5th.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Lots to congrats from all. B.B. of course a great national achievement. DT19 that doesn’t sound too bad at all in tough conditions.
    Good to see you back on track and building Jools.
  • GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    Badbark- Congrats on what is a great achievement. 

Stevie - Yes i am lucky am always try to make the most of it. Nice present. 

SBD - Great run. Good luck for your 10k. 

OO - Amazing track treble. That 5,000 was very quick as were the other two. 

Birch - Haha, no fear, that will never happen. I hate the cold. Gimme the Med any day. 

Felt very tired this afternoon after a measly 19. Can't comprehend how Badbark can run so many miles in 24rs. 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    The man is a machine. Great long one there for you too Gerard.
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Badbark your toughest race so far , that's quite a claim !!!!!!!!! looking forward to the grisly report .That's an amazing achievement and tbh you surely have peaked now ,can't see how you could better it !

SBD The race is  7:30 pm so hopefully it will have eased of a good bit by then ,forecast seems to have been downgraded a bit to a high of 23 now ,

Dt a crackin half and a pb on a cooler day.

Lorenzo 53m sounds a very long way and with lots of hills too.

PMJ nice pic ,not often you see so many crazy people in one place.
    Gerard 19m sounds a bit tame these days doesn't it .

Out all day so a measly 25m for the week ,will duly go and stand on the naughty step ...........
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    GM - good parkrun and long run this weekend.
    Stevie - good long run and glad the backpack is okay. I've never needed to get anything out of it while running, but I can see it wouldn't be ideal. My only issue is that it's a bit on the small side.
    SBD - still good speed for a training run. Next race is Rother Valley marathon in November (still haven't entered!) and possibly Peterborough HM in October 5 weeks beforehand.
    Leslie - nice 10.
    OO - congratulations! That's fantastic racing to bag 2 silvers and a gold and PB to boot.
    Lorenzo - excellent effort. Look forward to the report.
    DT19  - fantastic HM - well done.
    Jools - steady progress.
    Birch  - another nice 10.
    Badbark - stunning achievement. Hats off to you. A national medal!!!! You must be elated. Look forward to the report.
    Good weekend visiting Bath University, no running, but looked longingly at the track.
    10 miles this morning with 24 x 400m/200m, 1M w/u @ 8:54 and 9M avg pace 6:44.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Badbark, that is an amazing achievement, the distance and the national medal. I bed you wore it to bed!!

Lorenzo, great effort on your very long run also.

Nice session, Gul.

Nice long running also, Gerard.

Same to you, SBD and good luck Tuesday.

Well done on your 10, Birch.

Feeling a bit tired today. Yesterday took quite a bit out of me. I am hoping for a slight rb boost from it as I am just outside the top 1000 in the rankings for my age group and one more small jump in handicap should nudge me in there. This week could be very challenging running wise with the heat and various other social engagements as well as the footy notching up a touch now. Think I am going to get what easy miles in I can, when I can without stressing too much.

Next race up for me is the Droitwich 10k, however it clashes with a world cup semi final so may bin that off. After that it is the Magor 10k

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    You are so confident England will be there DT 19 ;)