Options

RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Freemers - maybe your cheerful brother will buy you one for Christmas? image
  • Options
    Daren - As one of the fastest runners on this thread, I presumed you must be pretty efficient already. Minamalist shoes normally have a drop of about 4mm to zero drop between heal and forefoot, flats a bit more. So as DD has said, your Achilles and calves get stretched further, so yes you ideally need to run as much in them as possible, for them to adjust. Compression socks help the problem, but don't solve it, you just need run more in them.

Red - MK again, you just want another wet,windy and freezing cold mara. One of the lasting images of Manchester mara that day was, a young lad getting one of his friends to take his socks off, so he could carry on with them on his hands, it was that cold.
  • Options

Evening! Just a short recovery run for me tonight.

Minni - spikes?

p.s. I've just entered the Wales Trail Marathon......

• Options

Google it - it says something about being brutal and the most challenging event ever blah blah......

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    When's that Spoons?
  • Options

Spoons - Is it just a single marathon? After your multi day ultra this will be a walk in the park, or should I say National parkimage.

• Options
    Spoons - fancy the snowdonia Marathon next year? October 2013..
  • Options

OK, I'm going to split the difference and do 12 on Sunday. image

AA - hope the calf sorts itself out!

I'd forgotten CD's splits were as bad as that...I reckon that year he must have finished in a slower time than my PB, so it's good to know the really good runners have bad days too image.  Since then though he's churned out great times and I have no hope of ever beating him again!

O4S - OK, so on top of the RR and the TM you have a cold? Oh well, nothing can stop you image

Today is 5 easy for me.

• Options

Just watched the TM video - I'm a bit concerned about the way the crowds push forward into the road almost blocking the runners way image  I think i might join the race walkers at the back............image

Barry:  How is your cold?  Did you get the tooth sorted?

Variety is the spice of life - I have exchanged my lost voice for glass shattering sneezes image

• Options

Carrot- thank you so much for the nice words. Some call it determination, others obsessiveness, I prefer determinationimageimage.

O4S- hope the sneezes are the last stage of the cold.  Take it easy.  Are you sure about doing 50m this weekend?  Crazy lady!image

Free- nice link, will pass onto Mr Bimage

I am supposed to do 3m easy today and nothing tomorrow.imageimage 

• Options

By the way for those in London there's an Adventure Film Festival going on in Hammersmith. They're showing movies about ultra running tomorrow night. Mr B got the tickets and I told him if I come out of there wanting to do one he will have noone but himself to blame.image

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Morning all

Im quite enjoying watching everyone going through their tapers now Im relaxing-even if you havent marathon trained Minni!image

Free -12 looks like the right thing to do

Bro-I expect that you will sign up for one as soon as you get home from the film. When you say 'supposed' does that mean you have other plans.

O4S-crowds along the path?Sounds like the run up 5th Avenue to Central Park in NY-it can be inspiring or overwhelming

AA-is Snowdonia going to be tough/steep enough after Jungfreau? Ive watched past ones on S4C the Welsh Channel and it does look tough, steep, off road sections and apalling weather ...perfect

I might try a few miles on the treadmill today-recovery run only

• Options

2Old- supposed to means I'm tempted to do more...image

• Options

Tried to find GER pics but failed for a spot of cyber stalking. Where are they? Not on their website (which is shite btw) image

Bro: hope your work situation calms down. This is not what you need right now ... well done for getting those MP miles in. Enjoy the easy days - you need recovery even if you don't like it.

Freemers: great link. I have a Links of London charm bracelet with a charm of every city that I ran in except for Halsteadimage.  Love the beads ... thinking about getting one for beads as well ... hmmmmm
    12 miles sounds good.

I'm post-marathon bored and my running is slow and shit. Can it get back to normal please?

• Options

Yay! I am no longer Neil Flack image GER pics are on marathon-photos.com Chick.

Talking of Xempo tops, now my shiny new PB is official I'm quite tempted to put one on my Xmas list to reward myself for finally getting the sub-1:30, but I mentioned it to my OH before and she thinks they're a bit loser-ish lol. I see her point that's it's just showing off to have a T-shirt that basically says 'look what a good runner I am'. What do you guys think? Have any of you got them?

• Options

Morning All,

Good to see tapir madness is alive and well on this threadimage 

/members/images/510694/Gallery/Tapir.jpg

Finally managed 30 minute slow run on the tready last night (5.33km), and calf felt ok'ish.image If 5.2 miler with the club tonight goes well, i'll be delighted.image  

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Daren I've got one but hardly ever wear it for the reason! Nice to have though.

I've eaten a muckle cream scone. image
  • Options

I've got one too - generally only wear it when I'm running on my own, but I wore it on the run with minni the other week too image I never wear it in the gym or at races though.

5 miles easy felt like 5 miles c**p.  Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

• Options

Just finished my cyber-stalking lunchbreak image. Great pics! Minni, you look unbelievably determined and strong. I wish I would look like that when I'm racing! I love the pics where you leave those blokes eating your dust image

The Neils and Darens got me totally confused though. Especially as there are 2 Neil Flacks! So no idea which one is Daren image

No such t-shirt for me. I agree with the missus, Daren. They sound a bit showy ...

• Options

I'm with your missus & Chick, Daren, not for me either (but then that's probably because mine would be a brown shit coloured one).

Minni - I'm not in a club, so can't got that route I'm afraid. I had a think about it and emailed the person at work and said I was planning to do MK. I said I didn't want them to lose the places so if, and a big if, they didn't have any takers then I might be tempted.

We'll see - I can't currently do anything so I might be being a bit optimistic anyway. I've had to push my plan of a run for tomorrow back too, as knee pain returned earlier this week. It's one step forward, two steps back at the moment.

I'm at a wedding tomorrow and out all day Saturday, so just want to wish Barry & O4S all the best of luck for their races. Hope you both feel a bit better, and that your tooth is ok Barry. Good luck!

• Options

Yeah Chick, the whole Neil Flack thing is confusing. He's apparently now run 1:39 and some other guy has been given the number they originally thought I was. So sounds like quite a mix-up involving more than just me and Neil. But I am now me on both the results and photos - no 2253 - not as impressive as Minni striding for the line with that pack of men chasing her though!

I suppose one good thing about the Xempo tops is that if you're having a bad race, at least people know you usually run faster!

• Options

Daren, you know you could have got a purple one already with your 10k and 5k times?  They introduced that recently - sub 20 5k and sub 42 10k I think.  Actually you are not far off the next one for the 5k, need to be sub 18.30.

Having said all that we all know the marathon is the only time that counts image

• Options

Hahaha, Mo Farah doesn't think that and he's not a bad runner so I've heard image Yeah, I did notice about the 5k and 10k Xempos and that I wasn't that far off a red for 5k - personally I think they're a bit soft compared to the HM or marathon times you need, although probably depends on if you're male or female. It wasn't so much about the colour though, more about the fact 1:30 has been quite a milestone time to crack for me that made me tempted.

• Options

Yes, and it is a nice round number - it would be best if they said sub 90 though - aren't you meant to count in minutes once you get that quick? image

• Options

Oh yeah, I forgot that! If Cooks can do it...

87:46

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the photos yet. Must look tonight.
  • Options

Your hair looks a mess in them Minni image

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Bugger, I knew it would!
  • Options
    Evening all. 7 miles run on tready and calf was fine image

Neil - 87 mins sounds more impressiveimage

Think me and minni decided to get a xempo top after doing 3:28 last year. I beg to differ Freemers - you wear yours down the pub!! Maybe we should all wear them for the TM?!!

Chick - give it time. Think my jungfrau has just started to catch up with me just when I didn't want it to!

2old - enjoy your break hope you're still buzzing too.

Snowdon is supposed to be a great marathon. Voted best uk apparently!! I like a challenge...takes the pressure right off any time or anything.

O4S - hope your cold is going. Have you got lots of flapjacks for RR50?