Options

RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Options
    Bro - you'll be fine. Take your buff and that will keep the wind out.

Minni - you were shit.

Me and Freemers were proper shit.

Carrot and O4S failed totally.

Dunno why spoons made the effort to get here ...
  • Options

I'm having a lovely time image

• Options

I'm just glad I brought my buff....

• Options
    Thanks Simon. I know it's not looking good. I'm flying with BA. Tried to call them but can't get through. I'm not very hopeful of flying on Tuesday. Hopefully things get back no normal quicklyimage Damn what is it with my marathons and adverse weather conditions??? Grrr... Thanks again for checking for me.
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Simon - if the plane worn a buff would that that help?
  • Options
    Minni - If everyone on the plane was in the buff, that might help.

Bro - unfortunately I'm on day off tomorrow and then up in our Newcastle office on Tuesday, so won't be back at a computer til Wednesday. But I can still contact my collegues if required. If you PM me your real name, flight nbr, or even just your booking ref nbr, I can get hold of someone for you if you can't get thru on the phone lines re rebooking if your flight is cancelled. If you give me your mble nbr I can text you lastest news. Have you checked Ba.com to see if your flight on Tuesday is already cancelled.
  • Options
    Simon- you've got message.
  • Options
    Misread the section above as "Minni still boring us doing the splits"... image

Great results all. Especially over the limit 12-14%. Glad O4S being sensible.

And I know you're probably all very merry now, but not very fair to Brol to make jokes about it. You've had your marathon remember?

Brol, all fingers & toes crossed for you.
  • Options
    FRC- we are not making jokes about Bro. We are seriously wishing her well for next weekend.. Not sure how you thoughjt we were making jokes about her?
  • Options

FRC - we were not making jokes about Brolish. Don't understand you...... ???

• Options
    Lol FRC- not to worry I can do with a few jokes at the moment. Thank you for keeping your fingers and toes crossed!image
  • Options

Bro - You've got a message.

Went for a run this evening, wet, windy, and raining. 10m @ 8.21 ave in 1:23:20. First 6m @8.35, then 8.15, 8.10, 8.05, and finally last mile @7.49. Longest run in my minimalist shoes, felt comfortable.

• Options
    Great news from everyone today, the times that you all finished were greatimage looking forward to reading your race reports.

Brolish- Hope all will be fine for you as Simon says there is time for the weather to improve.

Are all the racers and cheerleaders still drinking in the pub or have you gone onto the clubs???
  • Options

Well done you TMs - a clean sweep of F40. Very good indeed. Hope you're showing the geordies how to drink properly as well!

I managed a 15 miler today after a 40th borthday party, and it completely wiped me out. I actually had to go to bed after it! 

Bro - best of luck with the flight palaver. At least the storm is hitting now rather than in 5 days!

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    We've had a seriously good time. I was a bit concerned at one point when I realised it was resembling more of a cross country course than your typical marathon course but everyone rose to the occasion.

It still remains my favourite course, over any distance, but I'll await to be corrected.....
  • Options
    Minni - you are deluded. It's a shitty course!!!

FRC - don't get you...yes we have done our marathon but seriously only wish Our Bro the best of luck with it all and she knows that totally.
  • Options

Morning

Well done Girls. any photos of the Bling? We like Blingimage

Spoons you are a brave man putting up with that lot, did MrZ pitch up? We don't seem to have seen him since he said he might be going toTM!

Bro: Hope it works out for you, there are several flying over from here, the forecast for Sunday in NY is actually quite good. It strikes me that there is a degree of over reaction going on.

Cycled across the desert pre dawn for a quick 50K, will run tonight with club so that will be an eyeball bulging event.

• Options
    I ache. And I have a hangover....!
  • Options
    I'm too scared to get out of bed as I know my legs are going to hurt image No hangover though - must have been the pints of water I drank in between the wine image

Minni - I can't say that was the best course - even if it was bone dry those twisty turny bits would have made life tough. But that doesn't matter - it's been a great weekend, especially Sat and Sun nights image
  • Options
    I have had a lovely weekend. Thanks guys. Safe journeys home.
  • Options

Hungover.com

no Mr Zuvai either. He's disappeared!

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I'm not getting out of bed. Head hurts too much and I've hardly slept. I don't know how many more times I ran that marathon during the night!
  • Options

image  sounds like everyone at the TM had a truly fab time image. Nurse your DOMS & hangovers now guys.

Glad O4S did the sensible thing.

Bro: still crossing fingers that Sandy will blow herself out over the course of the day and for normal business to resume by Tues/Weds. You still have a few days til Sunday. Chin up image

Ran 6 miles today with no calf pain. But then I rested for two days and cycled instead of running ... will try some speedwork later in the week and see how that goes. Right now I'm happy to be niggle-free image

• Options
    Morning all!

Have just surfaced, thanks for an awesome weekend, was fantastic catching up with all of you!!

Today we shall shop + look up the street in Gateshead where my great granny was born.

Hope the hangovers clear + those with marathon legs aren't too sore!

Safe journies all image
  • Options
    X-post Chick, glad to hear no calf pain on your run today.
  • Options
    Legs not as bad as I thought, and I can walk down the stairs...maybe I didn't try hard enoughimage
  • Options
    Chick - glad you're calf is ok. Rest must have helped.

Freemers - I thought my legs were fine until I started walking downstairs, then I knew they weren'timage
  • Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Morning All. Hope all you TMers are feeling well....just think-when your hangover subsides DOMs will kick in.  Enjoy your well earned rests.

Bro-here's hoping that bit of wind over USA soon blows over and you and there will be coll calm and collected. Nice to see the thread support system(Simon) providing some practical help. Fingers and everything else crossed for you.

04S -best to have rested though I cant help feeling you would have added to the collection of bling yesterday.

Chick-good to see you're on the mend

DD-50miles-a pleasant way to spend an hour or two

Minni-it seems that there is a difference of opinion about the quality of the TM courseimage

Ant-nice but tough run

Simon-congrats for getting out in that yestrday it was horrible. Best I could manage was 6k on the treadmill but I plan to make up for that today

• Options
    Morning everyone.

Chic- glad to hear the calf is betterimage

Hope everyone is recovering well today.

My flight hasn't been cancelled yet, looks like they will make a decision about tomorrow's flights later today. Simon is keeping me informed- thanks Simon, as BA refuse to answer the phone.

Trying to distract myself shopping and getting my hair doneimage
  • Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Minni-like your new profile pic...hope you're feeling better

Bro-Hope the shopping etc works

Just completed 16.5k on the treadmill averaging 7mm including 3-4k warm up.