Options

London Marathon; Runners and Supporters

Comments

• Options
    Hey all, a tad rough this morning!

Sbh I have a bruised knee and no idea how I got it.

Hehe bear, no-one took me up on the offer either image

Thanks for all the organising, had a great day and thanks to barlos and schmunks for seeing me home.
  • Options

GillyMac, I have a massive bruise on my shin - no idea how it got there.

I had to go to bed for half an hour when TP and I got home yesterday as I had a thumping headache - no idea why......image

• Options
    Thank you to all the supporters for helping out yesterday, a special thank you to Schmunkee for her organising prowess image

Well done to all the runners image

I had a great day, managed to stay sober as usual image
  • Options

a huuuuuge thank you to BB and Shmunksas well as all the supporter - you guys were fantastic!

incidently, where abouts in chandos were you? i wandered arounda few times but it's hard to spot people you've no idea what they look like! image

hope all runners legs start to feel normal soonish and all supports sun burn starts to ease off soonish too!

• Options
    Becks01 wrote (see)
    Boys and girls...... Photos will follow at some point but for now you'll have to make do with some quotes from today's supporting group.... Barley: " We need someone loud" Becks: "Is Barley only on transmit and never receive?" Schmunks: "Barely, you owe me a stiff one" Schmunks: "Does anyone have a bare behind?" Barely: "But you've got ears" Schmunks: "I was once double barrelled" Barley: "I AM gay" SBH: "I am sooo hot" Becks PS Jaffa Cakes rule....

Oh and I nearly forgot, it was good to see Karen Samuals make an appearance  image
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Cheers for the beer Barley, kept me going for a few miles, that slurp did. image

Oh and you are all amazing.  The good will yesterday was fantatic, made for a very special day.

• Options
    Mr Zuval - we were out on the pavement / public highway having a 'debate' with the bar-man as to whether we were allowed to have in our hands one of his glasses and a can from a nearby off-licence and which of the two we could hold if we wanted to stand on the pavement (or other such nonsense).

Barley - Don't you go dragging me into the Karen Samuals conversation! And thanks for asking, my sunburn is a little better today imageimage
  • Options

Thanks everyone - just sorry I had my 'funny' turn when I was at Mudchute so didn't get chance to enjoy seeing you all as much I'd been looking forward to.  Course had I been anywhere else when I had my turn I'd have ended up conked out by the side of the road!!

A slow amble from Mudchute to the end saw me feeling a lot better thankfully!

• Options

Glad to hear the 22nd degree burns are healing Becks image

• Options
    Oh nearly forgot to say WAITROSE OPENS AT 10.30 TILLS OPEN AT 11.00am image Barley
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Hi Guys,

Huge thanks to everyone supporting yesterday. What a fantastic welcome which was very much appreciated. Hope you didn't get too sunburnt!
  • Options
    Tommygun2 wrote (see)
    Oh nearly forgot to say WAITROSE OPENS AT 10.30 TILLS OPEN AT 11.00am image Barley
    That's why we went to Asda image
  • Options
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    Tommygun2 wrote (see)
    That's why we went to Asda image

doh!!!

ah well it still doesn't open at 10.00am image

• Options

Posted on the Group 3 page  but a big thanks to all those who stood round yesterday. Had a stinker after 17 miles  but seeing a few friendly faces help pull me along

Thanks 1 and all

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭

Thanks everyone for your support, the hugs were very welcome on what was a tough day out in the sunimage

• Options
    Is it just me or are any other supporters aching like hell today? Mind you that could have been the strain on my body from attempting - and failing at times lol - to stand upright and walk in a straight line........;-)
  • Options

I have bruises on one arm, tight calves, and a sore lip where Barlos dedcided to use a piece of gaffer tape to wax it image

I have lovely flip flop tan lines on my feet too!

• Options

I had a great day yesterday supporting.  Lovely to meet up with new people and old ones (when i say old, I don't mean as in aging old before you all do a flounce). I was shattered at the end of the day and really wanted to sit down in Chandos rather than let the runners have a seat.  image  But I didn't. image

No bruises but my voice was still hoarse this morning.  And I had a headache from hell last night. 

Can we have a support group for Brighton next year please??????

• Options

Soup - was talking to someone who ran Brighton last year and I understand there is one point which runners pass three times.  If VLM is 22 Apr as is rumoured to be, I will be in taper then.

These two points are making me consider arranging a support group for Brighton, but it would prob be on a lower level of support ie just hugs, cheers and waves; no special needs, 

Its just in the mulling stages at the mo.  Also if others want to organise something (instead of me) they are more than welcome to

• Options
    sioUxsioUx ✭✭✭

To all at Mudchute.

Thankyou so so so so much.

Sorry if I confused you all by running up and down shouting 'is Nam here?'

I'd got my drink from the lovely T7 but wondered oif she was still there.

We are twins after all. image

You really lifted me and I ended up having lots and lots of fun. 

• Options

evening

great day and it was lovely to meet some of youimage

• Options
    Can't believe I completely missed the RW forumites! I'd forgotten to look out for you, didn't really know where you'd be and found the whole Isle of Dogs/Canary Wharf confusing, it seemed to go on forever with twists and turns! Sorry guys, hope I didn't just ignore you shouting at me! My buddy was starting to suffer by then so we had slowed down and I guess I was concentrating on him.

(reposted from Group 8 thread)
  • Options

Great pictures.

I'd be up for a wee weekend in Brighton image not sure my liver would cope tho image

• Options
    Great to see everyone again, albeit briefly at mile 17. Glad it was warm, makes for a better day stood around
  • Options
    I would post some of the photos I took at mile 17 but the "image" button above doesn't work on my computer so I can't upload anything.
    I've sent them over to the guys at RW so hopefully they'll be up soon.
    (Schumkee, the photo from about 8am with you and the no entry sign has been removed I'm afraid! image)

2 suggestions for mile 17 next year;-
    - Runners just drop off special needs at the expo and if they want make a contribution to the jelly babies / jaffa cakes / alcohol fund so they can be bought at Asda on the day rather than having to be carried from Expo then over to mile 17.
    - A new post race venue!

And on the off chance that someone remembers this when putting together the lists for next year.... cable ties (rather than string for putting up the banners) and big plastic bowls (as well as plastic bags for handing out JBs and JCs)
  • Options

Becks you can always upload them onto a photo sharing site like Flickr or similar and post the link.  That would work.

Sioux wrote (see)

Sorry if I confused you all by running up and down shouting 'is Nam here?'

You found me in the pub though!  image

Kinky costume dear.  image

• Options
    Good thinking Nam image
    Currently uploading using Flickr....
  • Options
    Was nice to meet you munchkin... image  at least someone brought a decent camera!!  image