Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

did 20k on the fitness bike tonight - felt easier than the last two times and my legs seem ok at the moment.

Another swim tomorrow.

• Options

EP hope you had another go at outlaw this morning.
    It looks like I'm going to be joining the gang at Cotswold 226 next year image
    Did a quick 1 1/2 spin on the bike last night, legs felt surprisingly good, but the missed this mornings swim as got naff all sleep,

• Options

Well the planned running hasnt occurred have a horridible cold - yay for the change in the weather and the manky postgrad students (Im blaming them image ) so the most I have done this week is walk to the bus stop!!  

EP did you get a place this morning?

• Options

Oo Ali - would be lovely to have more Piratey types at the 226! image

I have run - yay image

EP - just having a goal is enough. Rpitchfo - sounds like things are plugging along nicely! 

Woo hoo for Ladies wot Tri! 

• Options

EP you could always train for Outlaw and be a reserve in case of emergency.image

I got home from work on time and instead of going out for a run or bike ride, I did loads of housework, so that is my version of cross training. Unusual as I would normally always do the exercise rather than housework.

• Options

EP you could join us all at the 226 instead?

SteadyCJ I'm a bit worried that there is something going around as I'm also more concerned about the state of the family and the house than I am training at the moment. Not sure what's up. Perhaps it s seasonal affected nesting disorder?

• Options

image EP go on do the 226. It's looking like I might be doing the full or half depending on stuff so can buy you a ice cream.

Rpitchfo if you fancy it over winter if you want to get some bike legs spinning is a excellent way of ticking over when it's all snowy and icey if your gym does it.

• Options

hi all

EP - not sure what you mean about being crap - is it a work thing? Hope everything is ok at work.

I am shattered, first day of lessons after two inset days and I need to plan for tomorrow too image But, kids are brilliant, colleagues are friendly and all seems to be going well

And I ran yesterday and turboed this morning. Achillies/calf niggle still there though image

• Options

Alibear, I like the idea of SANS, hopefully it will pass over quickly but blame it on the start of no races for the rest of the year, so mojo has gone for a rest.

• Options

Well I started coughing up crap today - woohoo means Im about 3-4 days away from being able to exercise!  (*in fairness to the reader by exercise I mean planned running - not the walking to work I am currently doing which amounts to about 6k per day slow walk image )

• Options

oh well buttercup, it never hurts to rest your legs a bit from running

• Options

Hmm I think this is the only thread where coughing up crap is a positive..... 

My mojo has also vamoush'ed but i have a mara next Sunday so i am legitimately calling it a taper. 

• Options

which one you doing cake? good luck

• Options

Camlo, your mojo is in full taper now, welcome to taper madness.

I walked from the station to work and back again, no sneaky catching a bus even if it does save 10 minutes each way.

No exercise tomorrow as Father in Law visiting then Sunday will be a bike ride then hopefully if the weather holds up, down to the coast to celebrate the wedding anniversary.

• Options

hmmm, saw the banner for Greater Manchester Marathon and thinking about it for next Spring...anyone done it before?

• Options

why not take him with you EP? Is he getting help through a counsellor at school? Even if he has been seeing someone at school it might be worth taking him to the dr and getting access to the mental health services if you think he needs it, which is probably what he needs if you don't dare leave him alone

right, have negotiated doing Manchester so long as OH doesn't need to work that weekend, and have entered Retford Half for next year - loved it this year

• Options

Maths,   Manchester marathon is the flattest course you will find. Me, Horse , Cake and Stanners did it this year, it's a great event.

• Options

Looking like a lovely day to go for a run, so I've arranged to meet up with about 55,000 other people for a little jog from Newcastle to South Shields later.

It won't be fast, it won't be pretty, but fairly confident I'll make it to the finish in one piece. Probably end up feeling slightly broken in work tomorrow though.

Early plans for next year are already forming. Need to find a half iron to aim for, thinking of entering the Helvellyn Tri as for some reason we think it's a good idea, and the wife is looking for an olympic distance in Spain to go for in the summer holidays.

• Options

well faced my first real test today around carrying on with the training, been really ill since wednesday with some kind of fever thing. Horrible, just getting over it. So annoyed i missed out on a few days training. But, hopefully ill be back swimming tonight - but taking it steady.

• Options

And I'm done, that's my races finished for 2014 image Did the clubs pool based sprint Tri yesterday and had a blast. Finally got under 10 mins for 400 meters and Pb's on the bike but lost time on the run.

As I set off on the bike my legs did remind be that I did the Vit only 7 days previously and they were just a little tired image

I'm officially taking a break and putting my feet up.

• Options

image Durham how did you get on? image

mathschick wrote (see)

which one you doing cake? good luck

Just thinking about it athe moment if I did do it would probably go for the full distance. With luck hopefully seeing Both seron and Mr Digger in the next few weeks so going to pump them for info. Don't know yet what I'm doing to be doing for a job once down in birmingham which might be a factor.

mathschick wrote (see)

hmmm, saw the banner for Greater Manchester Marathon and thinking about it for next Spring...anyone done it before?

As Above from Razor It's a nice race fair bit of support for most of it and well run on the whole. It's pricy but you get what you pay for. You can use the medel as a plate almost or maybe some sort of mace if you want to be a extra in game of thrones. Route's mostly through the suberb's  with a couple of bits going on roads next to farm's, couple of up flat's but no hill's worth mentioning.

• Options

hi all

well, Manchester entered image thanks for the info razor and cake

rest day today

• Options

Back in training with a 27 cycle then a little 2.5 miles jog later in the day. Need to build some base miles in the legs over the winter ready for next year. Got a couple of cotswold sportives in Oct to help

well done everyone on their training

• Options

I'm in the process of writing up a race report, hopefully have it finished later tonight

• Options

RP, take it easy, viruses can leave your body in need of more rest than you think. Better to take is very very steady and gentle for the first few sessions.

I am going to go on a bike ride with Dustboy and IronCat and some other folks, looking forward to being talked at up the hills. Time to get the black and yellow out again.

• Options

just don't want to lose momentum. I'm very faddy and sit somewhere on the AS, if anything disrupts my routine the whole thing can fall apart.

So, i went swimming last night and it was ok. Planning to do some biking tonight and will take your advice and go steady.

• Options

Rpitchfo with saying slightly faddy I would ease into it if you make it a lifestyle change gradually it can make a bit of a difference. With being poorly don't other do it mate.

Stead can you give dusty and co a kiss from me please. image