Options

Just started running, come say hi!

Hi

Been here a couple of days now and feeling im enjoying myself.

Had some good advice and the p*** taken out of me so guess im fitting in just fine but i would like to get to know more of you! (i know, why?)

Anyway just sayin hi to you all and its nice to be amongst people with the same passion's.

Cheers

CD

Comments

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Hello and welcome image
  • Options
    Psst ... dont mention the hot tubs    image
  • Options
    image.......or those naughty people with yellow and black flags
  • Options

Cinders,Saffy and yes Meldy.

Thanks very much for the welcome!image

3 new people to speak to!

OK..what can i know about you all?image

CD

• Options
    I am a tabby cat and I like pink image
  • Options
    What am i supposed to do with that answer Saffy! Lol image
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    I'm a fairytale princess image    (well ok, not really!)
  • Options
    Hello there CD

What would you like to know?
  • Options

Hello CD

watch out for meldy image

• Options

Hello Car Dodger... I'm even newer than you! Joined yesterday afternoon - so far, so good... and now I'm going to hijack your thread as it seems a convenient place for me to also say hello to the people on this forum! I've been running on and off for two years now, generally short distances (around 5K). Not sure if that makes me a beginner but I think I'm safe to call myself a runner at least! I'd like to turn my running into a more regular pastime and I'm hoping that this site will in some small way help me towards this.

That's all for now folks. Thanks again to those who responded to my earlier thread about running gear! I'm most certainly feeling less alone in what would otherwise be a very solitary sport!  image

• Options

Hey shrew- Anything and everything, im a begginer again runner though so not able to keep up just yet!image

Hey GingerLoon- Hello back but Meldy is not all that scary really!image

Hey Noon- No worries at all with nicking the thread,maybe weve started something usefull? Who knows! Again though im a begginer begginer so no chance of me keeping up with any of you but any helpful info or encouragement will be appreciated!image

Hey Cinders- Thanks for saying Hi image

Just an observation but there is alot of women here! Are the blokes all at home cooking the dinner?!image

Cheers CD

• Options

Right..

Have worked my butt off today, completeley shattered and cannot see myself getting out for a run tonight at all.

Should i worry? is it healthy to take a day or two off running or should the excercise continue in some way but a little more gentle?

Maybe a walk up the Pub for instance!imageimage

• Options

hello new people...

the blokes are probably out training or working or trying to get a word in on the keyboards and failing! image

No need to lurk - just throw yourself bodily into the many threads running.  Lots of chater in the clubhouse. Or if you want somehting more running specific there are apparently threads on that too.... image

• Options
    erm, I can see my spelling needs some attention! image
  • Options
    hi guys hope u have fun x
  • Options

Lurking!!?

That was'nt what i expected at all!

Anyway, putting the thread together was my brave way of saying hello, sometimes it can be difficult to get a foot in the door but i have to say i have not found it like that here. Tough to keep up when i only use it during the day but gives you summin to catch up on.

Anyway i will get back to my 6-7 day work week now!image

• Options
    CarDodger - you've nearly hit 100 posts.  You can call yourself an old hand now image  I wasn't having a dig btw!!
  • Options

Another day another pound as they say.

Look forward to catching up tomorow, have a great evening allimage

• Options

Bless you for the comment PSC.

Tis a little difficult to get in on the convo's sometimes..just giving it my best shot! No point in sitting in the back row if you are on your own as they say.image

• Options

Oh dear, I'm not doing a great job of hijacking - CD has posted about ten times more than me!!

Did you get out there this evening CD (or rather yesterday, by the time you read this)? I had a really busy day too but since I missed my scheduled run yesterday I wanted to force myself out! Made a very sensible decision to change into running wear before my long drive home then parked up in my local town for a quick 3K before completing the journey.That way, no excuses not to go... and it was great driving past runners in the knowledge that I will be pacing the streets soon too.

Give it a try sometime! image

• Options

Well done Nonnie image

How's the running going CD ?

• Options
    Ay up CD - well apart from xcountry at school (depressingly about 20yrs ago) I'd not really done much running apart from just enough on a treadmill to get me through the entry fitness test at work. Then in November I felt like a challenge and booked a 10k for early December with the target to just get round and i did in 1hr14 and since then I just got the bug for it I guess now running a 6mile route twice a week in about 1hr7 with one or two gym sessions including 5k on the tread on the weekend (at the mo I am only home on weekends)
    I know I'm not built for speed but am quite happy as I seem to be able to maintain a steady pace but how that will reflect in the next work bleep test on Thursday morning remains to be seen

Nonnie - well done on the run sounds like a good plan its amazing how easy it is to fit in a run with just a bit of prior planning I may suffer tomorrow for only grabbing a quick shower after my run tonight instead of the usual soak in the bath but feel much better for not cutting my run short (which 2 months ago I would no doubt have done)
  • Options

Ah thanks guys! Not running very far yet. I'm aware there'll be a hard run at some point in the future so I'm holding back from pushing myself beyond what's comfortable and just enjoying being out there. Good to know that long runs can be made time for though JShrew and good luck with your test on Thurs.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Well done on getting out Nonnie, its so easy at the end of a day to get home and just flollop instead of getting out image
  • Options

Good Morning!!

Hope you are all well..

Sounds as if you all pretty much got out last night so good on ya!image

I started running 3 weeks ago and have got myself up to 3.5 miles in around 35 mins, which im actualy quite proud of. Like most i have been completeley bitten by the bug.

Yesterday however i was beaten by 6 hours of digging up turf to re-vamp my showsite and has made me realize that sometimes you just have to look after yourselfimage (in other words i thought i was stronger and fitter than i really am which is probably a trait of most men!).image

Anyway, i will get back out this evening after another 6 hours of digging (but know my limitations) and fully enjoy myself again.

Thanks for dropping in by the way guy's, its quite nice to get to know some new faces (or not).image

Im not on in the evening as im glued to this thing (not by choice) everyday and housework,running,reading,pub(bit about me) have to take over in the evening but its great to catch up each day.

My only hope is that i can quickly catch up with you lot in the running stakes!image

Speak soon!

CD

• Options

Oh, Nonnie..

With my legs getting ready before i leave work just isnt an option!! image

• Options

Morning All

I'm answering your call CarDodger. I'm 31 year old male who was told by the Doctor last February that I wouldn't see my 6 week old daughters 30th Birthday if I didn't sort myself out. So I gave up drinking and started eating healthily. I lost 5 and a half stone in 6 months. (18st 7lb down to 12st 12lb)

Since August I have kept it off without even trying, so I've definitely had a lifestyle change. The new year has seen me change my goals from staying alive, to staying fit and healthy, so this year I want to become a runner. I am on the couch to 5k plan for starters and use Run Keeper Pro to track my runs.

My ultimate aim is to run in a marathon in a sub 4:30 time, but for now, I want to run a Sub 1:00 Hr 10k and I'd like to clock up 1,200 km by the end of the year.

February the 10th is a big day in my Calendar as it will be a year since I decided to get healthy and more importantly a year since I have touched a drop of booze (I managed to make it through 5 Weddings, a Funeral, 4 Stag Do's, 2 Birthday's and Christmas)

Nice to see so many friendly faces. Looking forward to getting to know you all over the coming months