Options

A Reading from the Kopites.

Comments

• Options
    Wolves 2, Utd 1 = 0 points image
  • Options
    Now you just knew this was coming !!!

Liverpool 3 - 1 Manchester United

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Fergie has a strop

Sir Alex Ferguson refused to speak to media rights holders on Sunday following the game at Liverpool, which Manchester United lost 3-1.
    The United manager did not talk to host broadcaster Sky Sports, radio rights holders TalkSport and the club's television channel MUTV.
  • Options

Actually, he had a pre-match strop - he'd made that decision before the game based on the FA charge for his comments after the Chelsea game (not that I think he's right, but that's why). But I bet the result didn't change his mind.

Not a good day for United but plenty to play for still. Liverpool have won their 'trophy' for the season, and a fair result it was too.

• Options

I'm not a huge football fan tbh.  But there are a couple of songs that spring to mind.

It's all gone quiet over there...it's all gone quiet over .... etc

You only sing when you're winning!  You only sing ... etc

However, one game does not a season make.  At the finish, it's a game of two halves, know what I mean? eh? eh?   Both Liverpool and Man U will be there, or there abouts!  imageimage

• Options

PS - technically, RIPP only sings when someone else is losing. image

(Liverpool will indeed be 'there' at the end of the season, if 'there' is somewhere outside the European placings...)

• Options
    Ooo!  See, I told you I wasn't a 'real' fan!!  I know nothing of the etiquette!   image 
  • Options
    I do not only sing when someone else is losing SVT, just putting the point forward about MU losing for the 2nd time in a week and especially this time to Liverpool.
  • Options
    RIPP - facts, and yesterday's result was deserved. Enjoy!
  • Options
    RunningInPleasePass wrote (see)
    Now you just knew this was coming !!! Liverpool 3 - 1 Manchester United Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Fergie has a strop Sir Alex Ferguson refused to speak to media rights holders on Sunday following the game at Liverpool, which Manchester United lost 3-1. The United manager did not talk to host broadcaster Sky Sports, radio rights holders TalkSport and the club's television channel MUTV.

calm down,clam down dear.

Anyone got any spare tena lady thingys they can spare for the young lady???

• Options
    PMSL... oh, erm... image got any spares?
  • Options
    Bad result for us yesterday, Fingers crossed a few players will step up and make the effort.
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

ah Sprint, a fellow Man Utd fan.

Despite my username quite unfortunately suggesting I support the dreaded Liverpool image

9 games left, Arsenal suddenly have the harder fixtures, Chelsea are probably the bigger threat now.

Luckily only 1 more league game in March bizarrely, meaning we can get this little lot back...

Vidic, Ferdinand, Andeson, Valencia, Park.

• Options

It was & they will however the game would have taken a different course had our best player been able to continue after the point where Carragher tried to snap his leg with a knee high tackle & they should have been reduced to 10 men.

The ref bottled it & the rest is history as they say.

• Options

Stevie - I'd always assumed you were a Scouser!

BRT - but should we have also been down to 10 (Rafael)? I think we have to mark it down as 'one of those days', learn the lessons and get on with winning trophies.

• Options

We can't just fall back on the descisions that happened yesterday BRT, we were crap.

We've had lots of them go our way this season, we can't hope that matches pivot in our favour when they come up.

Some of the players need to just clear their minds, and perform against the lesser sides

Fergie needs to get a pair as well and stop blaming everyone else, and kick the team into shape.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

yep...that bloody Gerrard wasn't so well known as my nickname back in the days I joined this site image

Forget Chelsea, forget Liverpool...we went in withour some key players. Pretty much everyone will be back for the next league game...so with Arsenal being such bottlers it's really all to play for.

• Options

These decsions are crucial SP & when weak refs get them badly wrong they change games.

If Carragher had received the straight red his tackle warranted Raphael would not have even made that tackle.

Our best attacking player on the day would have still be on a strecher but they would have been missing a centre 1/2.

We will fine & when all is said & done there is a very real chance of the the pucka treble being done again this ..whilst that mob have nothing other 1 win in 3 this season,let the phelbs rejoice in all their glory!

• Options

BRT, I don't want to disagree with you about the tackle on Nani (I think!).  It was bad, as was the other I saw on MotD.  But, surely you can't really complain, can you?  Not after Rooney got let off for that elbow?!!  Now, if that wasn't 'violent conduct' and deserving of a few games out of the team then they're playing the wrong game. 

On your premise that decisions are crucial and you need strong refs then, in last weeks game, Man U should surely have gone down to 10 men very early on!

• Options

The most sensible comment from any manure fan has been the words spoken by Sir Spillsalot  image

Everybodys fault but the players! (who were woeful) Worse Manure display I've seen at Anfield since last year

Didn't realise Rooney was playing till saw him walk off at half time Carrick just been given a contract extension  how ????

Manure need to rebuild in the summer and figures of £100 million are probably half of what needed. But had old wiskey nose not fallen out with the owners over his backing of the failed Baron knights take over then he may have had more money sooner!! 

BRT sad usual comments from losers!

• Options

slowfoot - yep, we need a bit of a clearout. We'll do you a deal on Carrick - a snip at £75 million. You know you want to...

Yes, Rooney's having a bad season. Apart from the one obvious highlight. image

Still, when all's said and done, I won't complain about our current league postion given we're supposedly so bad.

• Options

SVT

Its still yours to lose (sadly image)

You need to get rid of at least 6 of your current 1st team squad and I would include Rooney in that. Good move getting him to sign a contract as you can cash in on him.

But you will have problems for as soon as you come to bid clubs will inflate the price and you won't be able to rely on your youth structure as you haven't got anyone of note coming through.

• Options

Top of my hit list would be Carrick (new contract means we can hopefully get some money for him) and Obertan.

Rooney... hmm... he's off-form but still has one of the highest assist rates in the country. I wonder if there's a future for him in the Scholes  role, given that Scholes started out as a forward? Rooney playing off Berbatov and Hernandez could be interesting.

Obviously we need a keeper, but other than that I don't think things are as bad as made out - for the first choice XI. After that it starts to look a bit thin and we need to strengthen the squad. Oh well, hopefully some prize money will help with that.

• Options

Nani must have a pretty good assist record image

At least the strecther meant no hair dryer

• Options

Top Premier League assists:

1. Nani          15
    2. Arshavin   11
    3. Rooney     11

Top City assists from Tevez, Toure (the slim one) and Silva with 6 each, same as Fletcher and Giggs.

• Options
    Okay, 16 for Nani if you count yesterday. image
  • Options
    Prince Siegfried wrote (see)

BRT, I don't want to disagree with you about the tackle on Nani (I think!).  It was bad, as was the other I saw on MotD.  But, surely you can't really complain, can you?  Not after Rooney got let off for that elbow?!!  Now, if that wasn't 'violent conduct' and deserving of a few games out of the team then they're playing the wrong game. 

On your premise that decisions are crucial and you need strong refs then, in last weeks game, Man U should surely have gone down to 10 men very early on!

Prince the Rooney incident has nothing to do what happened in any other game.

Where is the media witch hunt for Carragher???????

His so called challenge was every bit as bad a cynical as Rooney's yet the media & public reactions are poles apart?

slowfoot wrote (see)

The most sensible comment from any manure fan has been the words spoken by Sir Spillsalot  image

Everybodys fault but the players! (who were woeful) Worse Manure display I've seen at Anfield since last year

Didn't realise Rooney was playing till saw him walk off at half time Carrick just been given a contract extension  how ????

Manure need to rebuild in the summer and figures of £100 million are probably half of what needed. But had old wiskey nose not fallen out with the owners over his backing of the failed Baron knights take over then he may have had more money sooner!! 

BRT sad usual comments from losers!

The irony of the the importance that the now Vermin place on beating us these days is sadly lost on the ignorant such as this the clown above!

• Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    As a neutral..... Man U were rubbish, meaning either that they had an off day, or the pressure got to some players. Is the mental toughness side of things the crack in Rooney's game?

Suarez - sublime skills, but deeply flawed behaviour, he spent half of the game trying to get other players booked or sent off... don't like that.
  • Options
    And also yanking players hair,this is the chap that served a 9 game ban for biting an opponent earlier this season.
  • Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    so temperament questionable then.....