Wilkie spot on afraid all folks are equally stupid. image

• Options
    *untwists knickers*  That's better image
  • Options
    Ouch. Bridget, watch my hand!!!
  • Options
    PhilPub wrote (see)
    Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

Perhaps they could open it to males as males get cancer too last I heard.

Not to mention the fact that men can get breast cancer. 

And something even more shocking...women don't just get breast cancer.

I know, who'd have thought it?

• Options

Mate of mine had breast cancer

He says it was the smoking and drinking what brought it on image dunno about that, but hes a rarity he made into the Lancet as well coz of complications

• Options
    I'd be flabbergasted to read of a woman getting prostate cancer...
  • Options
    Wilkie wrote (see)

My problem with women-only events/clubs is that women fought to get accepted in male-only clubs, races, (and many other areas of life), only to turn it around and say, in effect "MEN can't have male only things, because that's discrimination, but WOMEN can have female only things, because we're doing it for the right reasons...".

It reminds me of Animal Farm: all animals are equal - but some are more equal than others

It just seems hypocritical to say that men can't, but women can.

I concur.
  • Options
    Damn you, ill-defined-phantom-tingling-somewhere-in-my-consciousness!

Time and time again I mistake you for An Opinion, when all along it turns out you were just a wedgie.

I am but a humble woman being, Tingling. May I call you Tingling? Now we've known each other a few years?

When will I learn, Tingling? And why must you toy with me thus?
  • Options
    Helen Liz wrote (see)
    Wilkie wrote (see)

My problem with women-only events/clubs is that women fought to get accepted in male-only clubs, races, (and many other areas of life), only to turn it around and say, in effect "MEN can't have male only things, because that's discrimination, but WOMEN can have female only things, because we're doing it for the right reasons...".

It reminds me of Animal Farm: all animals are equal - but some are more equal than others

It just seems hypocritical to say that men can't, but women can.

I concur.

imagegood I thought I had missed the boat on this

I was thinking the world has gone forward and life is far more equal, then RFL comes along and all of a sudden women are from venus men are from the dog star

Do modern women really need this....i don't think so
    By all means high light a cancer and Iknow it seems to affect more western world women but then you have toask why........bottle feeding or breast feeding. The whole modern society and diet may have more to do with it than anythig else.

But of course this is only my opinionimage

• Options
    Watch it mate - men aren't allowed opinions anymore.image
  • Options
    Yeah but I did wear a pink shirt the other dayimage
  • Options
    oh and I do have a penchant of killing threads
  • Options

.....not today Tommy.

Swimathon? yes great idea.....tell the hordes its the trendy thing to do to raise money....

...and lock the door behind them.

P.S LHBH......Intelligent and funny posts. Are you on the right board? image

• Options

Two things happen today.

1. Went to Tesco and there were two ladies who were asking every single woman to
        enter Race for Life.

2. In the High Street, there were at least 6 ladies stopping woman, all dressed in pink asking
        women to sign up. You can see the hard-selling tactics to get women to enter.

I know RFL are desperate. But thats too desperate!

• Options

well, that's just being discriminating isnt' it

only single women or those wearing pink

• Options
    Curly45 wrote (see)
    biker-bricky-mouse wrote (see)
    I would not like to see parkruns charge a small entry fee just so they can donate money to local charities, clubs or voluntary groups. I don't think raising money is on the agenda for parkruns. Why should they? It'd put a lot of people off.
    You might want to skip it this Saturday then... image

They are doing a save the children "event" (feckers hijacking our parkruns at least RFL organise their own!).
    Had no impact at all at our event, and I didn't notice anybody specifically running for Save The Children. Numbers were down on last week, but possibly because we had another run the previous day.
  • Options

I'm doing RFL on Sunday with work. A big group of them did it last year (staff and students at a secondary school) and it looked like they had a great day out. I missed out because I wasn't a runner then. When the idea of doing it this year was brought up, I jumped at the chance. Now its turned out there is only me and 1 other woman doing it plus maybe a few students.

The other problem is 5k is not a challenge for me now. I'm doing a 10k on Saturday and got my first half soon ao it's a bit embarrasing asking people to give money for the shortest run I've done for months! Also, no one has any money to give because they're always being asked for this or that sponsorship. If I could get out of it (and get my £15 back) I would. As it is I'll give it my best shot. Liking the sound of being in top 15 if you get in under 30. This might be my only chance of a decent place in a race!!!!!