Options

valencia marathon

hi

I am looking for some help, I wish to register for the Valencia  marathon this November, but I have hit a problem,it says I must havea carnet del corredor but when I have gone to the webb page it is in Spanish (thats a surprise) does anbody know were I can get the English version.

Thanks

Bill 

Comments

• Options

Oh, I see....

Carnet del corredor is that Spanish athletics federation runners license.... seems it's not optional as first announced but you need to sign up (and pay for it)  9 euros a year... 

It's started a whole bunch of problems back in Spain... (reading on it now...) as most organizers don't want that as they already have insurance, etc for their runners and it seems it's just a money grabbing scheme by the federation. 

Not sure you'd have to apply for one not being spanish though....

• Options

Hi

Thanks for that, I will see if I can find out if I need it.

Bill

• Options
    Hi Bill,

I know this is an old thread but maybe you will still see this.

I'm also running Valencia Marathon in November (I cant find anyone else that is). Anyway you do need a carnet del corredor but it's free to get it and only takes 1 minute to sign up.

Just go to https://www.carnetcorredor.es/rfea/

Yes it's not in English. I just used google translate to help me. As soon as you're signed up they send you a temporary card with the numbers you need.

Hope this helps and maybe see you there image
  • Options

hi Lyndyk

Thanks for that I'll try tonight, still trying to sort out my bookings after the date change.   

• Options
    I live in Barcelona and will be doing the Valencia marathon too! Good luck to all!
  • Options
    I love Barcelona!
    I was going to run Barcelona marathon in March 2012 but after training all winter for Copenhagen marathon I didn't really like the idea of doing it again. (It gets very cold and windy in denmark). And treadmills bore me!

Of course, if Valencia goes well I may change my mind and run Barcelona anyway image
  • Options
    if all goes well, iwe i finish i will run bcn in march as well! I,m a little nervous about vAlencia as it seems serious and very spanish! All fit fast men, but we,ll see. Good luck to All with training!
  • Options
    I'm also nervous about Valencia for the same reasons!

Last year there was only 157 women that finished so there couldn't have been that many that entered. I suppose because of all the fast men though I'll have a clear road ahead image
  • Options
    Don't worry about all those fit spanish men, I beleive they all get sleepy round mid dayimage,  but if not I'll be there, and at 67 I doupt that I will be flying alongimage
  • Options
    Did you manage to sort out your registration then?

I did mine the other day and got a spanish confirmation but nothing was emailed to me. I had to save the confirmation to my computer and then print it off.

I'm thinking it will be a lot of fun trying to pick up the start pack image

And I'll see you somewhere along the course image
  • Options

Hi Lyndyk

Tried but failed,image but hoping to get my daughter to sort out for me this week image hope to do the race 4.20/40min  this seems to be my ave time. 

Bill

• Options
    It is very complicated signing up! First you need that carnetcorredor number. Then you go to the registration bit on the valencia marathon website and go to the bit called ticket run. Then fill in all your information including your carnet number. I used my passport number for the id number which worked.

Of course, I had to use google translate to work out what I was supposed to fill in where!

One thing when you type in a phone number it keeps saying it should start with a 6 so in the end I just put a 6 infront of my normal number then my registration was accepted. I guessed that if they wanted to get in contact with me they would use email.

I then paid by card and had to print out the confirmation that came up on the screen.

I have written to them to find out if I am completely done or if I am missing something else I should do.

I hope this helps.....

It seems to be a lot of hard work. I just want to run the marathon image

By the way I finished in 4 hours and 43 minutes in my first marathon in Copenhagen but took it really slow and easy as I was scared of hitting the wall so I'm going to go for somewhere between 4.20/4.30 so I really will see you there.

You won't miss me, I'll be wearing a bright orange top which says Running Copenhagen on it image
  • Options

If any of you need help with the registration/ translating part you can private message me. I´ve sent the Valencia marathon people an email with a few questions, but still no response.

This is my first marathon, glups! Just hoping to finish.

• Options

Hi Lyndyk

I will look out for you I will be wearing my  Ashbourne Running club shirt either lime green if cool or blue if warm I'll  keep my eyes open for you,what kind of time are you hoping for.

Bill

• Options

Hi mc 42

Thanks for that I'll keep it in mind, Big tip do not try to win it in the first 6miles, take it real steady its your first one don't bother to much about your time, go just to finish then next time you will know what to expect.image

• Options
    Bill:- I'm trying for around 4.20/4.30 so we should almost running together image If there are pace setters there I'll probably start with the 4.20 lot and then fall back if I need to.

mc 42:- As Bill said take it easy! When I ran Copenhagen marathon this year even the pace setters I was going to follow went off way too fast so I let them go and just followed my own pace time that was around 6.10 per kilometre.

I admit it wasn't much fun watching everyone go past me for the first 10km but it was a LOT of fun running past them at 30km image

This worked really well and if I hadn't stopped for the toilet at 30km I would have had even splits! Also pacing myself stopped me hitting that dreaded wall!
  • Options
    Are you all stAying at the hotel reccomended on the race website or handling your own accomodations?
  • Options
    I'm travelling with my 18 year old niece so am staying in a hotel in the old city on the thursday and friday night and then moving down to one called Confortel Aqua which is about 400 metres walk to the start line.

I guessed I wouldn't have to queue for hours for the toilet before the marathon then image
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm pretty slow and just hoping to finish before the five hour cutoff. Will you all be carrying water bottles with you or relying on aid stations?
  • Options
    Aid stations were fine at Copenhagen. They had water and energy drinks on all of them and fruit on half of them.
    I just carried (and used) lots of high 5 energy gels image
  • Options
    Hi Team, I'm Rory from the UK. I just signed up for the Valencia marathon yesterday and it all went pretty smoothly thanks to all the advice from this thread! The only thing was having to pretty much make up my phone number (had to be 9 characters and begin with a 6). Don't see why they would ever need to call me though. I got a confirmation email from Ticket Run but still not exactly sure how we get hold of our race pack...I guess we just turn up at the expo with out reference number? Having run the Rome marathon in March (glorious event), I am excited to get back on the track. Anyone know how many competitors this event usually draws? I'm looking forward to a smaller field. Ciao
  • Options

Hi

I normally carry a hand bottle with hydration powers which I like,I really do not like the feeling of being very thirsty when running. I have tried the gells but found them a bit sweet , I am not sure just what they provide at the stations.  I am staying in the old quarter  and it does not look to far to walk in the morning,

bill

• Options
    Hi Rory,

I'm not sure how many people start but last year nearly 3000 men finished and only 157 women!!

I think there might be more people running this year because they have changed the course, the race has chnaged from February to November (no winter training), and Valencia was chosen as the European capital of sport 2011.

Maybe we should all meet up for a drink on the Friday night or Saturday lunch time before the race? It would be great (for me anyway) to meet some other 'foreigners' who are running image
  • Options

Hi Lyndyk

I sadly will not be able to meet at lunch timeimage due to work i will not be arriving till 11.00 sat and ive got to register and get in my hotel, but i am staying to the following week maybe we all could meet on sunday evening to chat about the run.image

bill

• Options
    That's a great idea Bill image

Everyone always want to talk about the run afterwards but I find my friends and family get bored of hearing about it very quickly image

I'm flying in on the Thursday so maybe I could find a nice place in the old bit of the city to meet up?

Hope to see you then
  • Options

Hi Lyndyk

Great look forward to it.

Bill

• Options
    Has anyone been able to find a list of the runners taking part in Valencia Marathon 2011?

I can't find it anywhere. I guess I'm just nervous that my name's not on it....
  • Options

Hi lyndyk

sorry for delay in replying i think it may be a bit like london were they do not have a list

bill

• Options
    Thanks Bill,

I eventually (after days of looking) found that if I went to the site that is in charge of Ticket Run, where I signed up, then with a LOT of help from Google Translate I found a page where I could put my name in and find myself.

I am definately signed up though image

P.S. I just got my email from London saying I didn't get a place for 2012 image I wasn't really expecting to though and am actually holding out hope for a friend that is doing it for charity but might not make it to the start line.....