Options

Mental illness and running

Comments

• Options
    Ahhh, I know what you mean. To do lists can be adjusted
  • Options
    I was at Trinity Music College for five years and was at Nottingham University as a scholar. Ex-husband was Kings choral scholar and professional countertenor. I was a coloratura soprano (though desperately wanted to be a ballsy Wagnerian-type) so was pimped out around the Midlands every Easter for the Allegri top Csimage
  • Options
    I tend to put things I've already done on my to-do lists so I can cross them off straight away image
  • Options
    Frodo, don't be embarrassed, I do that too!

Mr by eck was at Winchester. Not many ginger choristers. He got to record spem in alium. ( find a good recording bear and wallow in the sound).

Frodo, moo sat and watched the allegri 3 times today. That moment when the soprano just rises above the other soloists obviously touched him because his jaw opened! Why did you give it up?
  • Options
    I was only a singer by accident (first study flautist) but I got divorced. No way I could keep going and not run into the ex - too small a world.

I actually pretty much destroyed my voice after that through coxing. But I don't regret it at all; sport is way more fun image
  • Options

image I do that too Frodo image

Wow I didn't know you had that background Frodo - amazing stuff!

• Options
    It's a very small world. I can imagine that would make things difficult. Singing isn't compatible with shouting, smoking, drinking or other noisy pursuits. Do you do any music now?

Since it seems to be a day of discovering things, is there anything you think we don't know about you bear?
  • Options

Since we're on a music theme I play guitar.  Not as well now since I broke my wrist two years ago as I can't get into some positions properly but I used to play just sub music college pieces and could probably have gone down that route if I'd wanted to learn all the music theory and try and be a music pro.  Not that much call for it unless you're absolutely tip top as it's not a standard orchestral instrument.

Just off out to the shops

• Options
    Has mental of pictures of bear trying to contort himself around his guitar.
  • Options

Oh well that killed the conversation!

Back from the shops where I managed to get an adaptor which was another of my to do list tasks image

• Options
    What time do your shops shut bear???
  • Options

This was B&Q which stays open until 9pm most nights.  Quite surprised it's worth it for them as I seemed to be the only person in there (although I couldn't see too well due to the aisles).

• Options
    Daddy by eck looked after mok and his sister tonight so I could see Alice. He thinks I need to take moo to the drs tomorrow image

In other news, I got a big gold star from Alice for my homework. She has now set me a huge piece for 2 weeks time.

Bear, some people can only shop at night and certainly don't want to go at weekends.

Does anyone fancy giving me a hand folding sheets tomorrow? I tried on my own today and got into a muddle.
  • Options
    I'll help image

Ooo I'm afraid I don't listen to enough music. I absolutely love it but the only place I had felt safe enough to listen to it was the car (cos I feel a need to be able to hear what's happening all the time, I hate being snuck up on or not being able to identify sound) I'm getting better, I sometimes take music running and have even listened a couple of times at the gym. Having been without music for so many years it doesn't cross my mind to put any on even if I do feel safe enough. I spend a lot of time in silence.

I've done much better eating today +1 calorie from min image

I like hearing all the secret skills and experiences.

Glad you did so well with Alice and that you were brave enough to go. Hope the doc can help little Moo tomorrow

Ps I have hiccups o_O
  • Options
    Oh and Bear hope that alarm is set!
  • Options
    Hope that helped Solb

Well done for reaching calories @+1

Are you awake yet bear?
  • Options

'lo peeps I'm up!

Wasn't that hard, but then I had to ring to book a doc's appointment to renew my sickness certificate.  I can do it when I have something to do it for!

• Options

Where's SOLB this morning anyway

*jumps up and down on SOLB's bed*

• Options
    Bear, she usually responds to a mug of tea.

Well done for ggetting up. Moo is also off to the drs today. Mr by eck is working from home because the trains aren't working. How much stress can a girl take
  • Options

*wafts mug of tea in SOLB's direction*

Sounds like a busy day for you by 'eck

• Options

Soz I went quiet last night - crashed and burned with a mahoosive headache.

Well done on the feedback, By Eck and good luck with the next lot of homework! image
    Glad you were able to phone the docs, Bear - it can't have been fun. But on the other hand the day gets better from here image

Is there anything else you can do with music other than guitar, Bear? It was my hand surgery that halted my career as a flautist (not that I would ever have made it!) and my BA still needed me to do a recital to pass the first year of the course, so I had to sing instead. I would never have known that I could learn to sing had that not happened (and then I would never have met the ex, so double edged sword and all that image )

• Options
    * whispers - I used to play the piano to grade 8+ standard*

Frodo, if you hadn't met your ex and had things go wrong you wouldn't know how wonderful Mr Frodo is
  • Options

Oooo tea imageimageimage

Well done bear, step one done!

I played flute too (grade 8 but no +!) I had more passion than technical skill, haven't played for over 10 years though. Quite a musical bunch really, I know Sossidge has a musical background and still plays and sings.

Frodo must have been really astounding to suddenly realise you could sing. I can't sing to save my life. My singing is so awful I have to have the car stereo loud enough so that I can't hear my own voice otherwise I'll put myself off with my wailing! 

I had cereal for breakfast without too much angst so I'm hoping that means the food wobble is getting better. 

• Options

(I don't get notifications for our thread anymore so I don't always know when you guys are around image )

• Options

Back from the doc's - that went okay I guess although he did think it a bit funny that I didn't want it any longer than I'm employed by work, but I want to go and teach anatomy and stuff so don't want to be signed off for months on end.

Also nearly spent £20 I didn't need to - I want to use my speakers with my laptop as it's my main pooter now but couldn't find the bit where they plug in so I tried to buy some USB speakers.  Fortunately the guy in the shop talked me out of it and said the laptop must have a speaker socket and sure enough I've found it now image

Well done on the cereal SOLB image

I wonder if I could play flute, it's not too loud which is good as I live in a flat.  I like the flute sound. The main thing I can't do with my left wrist is do the sort of move you make when you hold it out to take change - it's always tilted a bit towards the middle.  It's just occurred to me I could learn to play left handed, although going back to scratch again would be blooming hard work!

Must post off my sickness certificate

• Options
    Moo has an ear infection in his hearing ear. 2nd one in 3 weeks
  • Options

Oh heck poor Moo, ear infections are horrible

• Options
    Poor Moo image (and poor you)

Bear, I have a spare flute (tis a v.basic student model, and not in the best condition - it used to belong to one of my pupils) but I'd be more than happy to loan it out to you for as long as you want image
  • Options
    Poor little sweetheart.

The glitter pictures are here!! I LOVE THEM. I'm off into town to buy some more fridge magnets so they can stay up, thank you so much for sending them I grinned.lots!

I'm waiting for the washing machine people to come, mine is broken but I am hoping it can be repaired. My poor sofa is on it's last legs too (well actually it's on three legs and a large book) I've been keeping an eye on fleabay but I haven't seen anything cheap and near enough that is not too nasty looking