Options

Mental illness and running

Comments

• Options

Right that's pills sorted to get your pom poms out (oo-er!)

That's something I've been putting off but took all of ten minutes!

I'm not sure if I can self-refer - I imagine I've already been referred so it might not speed things up.

I have a busy Friday organised helping out some friends who are doing a chairty thing on the tubes image

• Options

yay that all sounds really positive bear, brilliant image

• Options

I think volunteer work would be good - I'd like to be back at work but I think I'd just flump in a heap. It's odd seeing life going on and sort of watching from the outside image

• Options

It won't be forever little bear, it is a horrible feeling though. I hate feeling like I'm just drifting

• Options

Thanks lovely image

The support from you peeps really helps

• Options

image (((Bear))) 

right Pacman time, I've forgotten to eat today image

• Options

Naughty SOLB image

I'm not convinced I'd qualify for DLA, not sure what they were on about.  I'll call them up tomorrow.  So that's my other thing ticked off image

• Options

I'm trying to think of a better phrase than drifting - I know exactly what you mean but tbh I feel more like we're recovering in preparation for the next step sorta thing image

• Options
    That sounds more positive. I've decided on my next step I just need to research it.

Helping SOLBtitchysis collect her car tomorrow though.

Oh by eck honey what's up? (((by eck)))
  • Options

What's up by 'eck?

• Options
    Our babysitter told us tonight she can't babysit anymore. We have music rehearsals on a,Tuesday nd she's done it for over a year now. I'm gutted cos there's no-one else. It was getting expensive but it gave me contact with adults. I'm sure it doesn't seem a huge thing but we've battled to find a reliable babysitter who is prepared to look after moo
  • Options
    image poor darling it sounds like a pretty big thing if it's your chance to just be you and get a break. I really, really hope you find someone to watch the lovely little ones

• Options

Oh that's horrible BE image  I also hope you find someone else, that contact is important.

SOLB next step with what hun?

• Options
    I'm hoping to carry on with trauma and ocd therapy and training for the salisbury 10 in march in the short term.

I'm going to put in an application to study chemistry, maths, biology (and/or physics) at a level with a view to going back to uni.

I don't want to do law again and I need to prove to myself I can study before I try another undergraduate course any way.

I had attempted to go back to college the Sept before last but I couldn't cope with that and the homelessness stuff and hadn't been well enough to start with really (was too paranoid to leave the house for 12 weeks before term started)

I'm much stronger now and I've found a better college more suited to adult learners. I don't know about funding though so need to do some research.

(obviously I'd only go if Vicky and Sally agreed)
  • Options

That sounds brilliant sweetie image

I'm off to bed now - sleep tight all x

• Options
    Morning all. Moo and I are having a quiet day, trying to catch up on housework and cuddles.

Bear, did the duvet get sorted?

Solb, that sounds like a good plan. What do you want to study at uni?
  • Options
    Is anyone here? Do I need to prod suspicious looking bundles again and break out the fried egg sandwiches
  • Options

I could murder a fried egg sandwich! image

• Options
    Do you want butter on your bread?

These are proper free range eggs. The yolks are a beautiful golden colour. Really rich and tasty.
  • Options
    Please can I have mine scrambled? #fussyfriend

Ooo I love eggs like that, the colour is amazing!

I'm in Reading picking a car up with my little sister ... feel really, really sick image
  • Options
    What kind of sick Solb? Vomity, poorly or emotionally?

Do you like a little bit of salt nd pepper with your eggs? Moo loves scrambled egg and smoked salmon on cheese bread. I know!

The hens,are very happy. I often see them on my run.
  • Options

Ooooh SOLB don't vom in Titchy's car!

• Options

Bit quiet on here this afternoon/evening

Just picked up my new pills and I'm going through my post.  The psych has referred me to the activities/volunteer organisation but irritatingly has sent the form to me to fill in my address (which she has as she sent it to me) and I have then to send it back to another department in the same building.  In other words if she'd just copied the address the referral could already be with them grrr!

• Options
    Bear, I understand your frustration! Mr by eck went to pick up moo's prescription last night and it wasn't ready. The whole thing weighs over 20kg so there is no way I can do it without the car. We've nearly run out and I have been badgering everyone to have a couple of bottles ready tomorrow afternoon to pick up. Otherwise we are scuppered nd I will be very very very cross.

Bear, what kind of volunteer work do you want to do?
  • Options

That's quite a package BE - I've seen older people with massive bags at my pharamacist.  My pharmacist is good and as long as it's something I usually have they'll let me have a sheet of pills while the GP surgery catches up.

I'm not sure what volunteer work I want to do - I just think some sort of activity rather than sitting around would be good and maybe help rebuild my confidence.  I could help out with IT training, serving/preparing food etc.  Once my job has officially fionished at the start of December then I can do teaching anatomy at my old uni which would have the same benefits (more so probably) but perhaps a little more stressful but you only sign up for one couple of hours session at a time so if the first one was too much I wouldn't have to do any more.  Hopefully it wouldn't come to that though image

How was your day?

• Options
    Teaching anatomy? Can you teach me so I can keep up with the drs!
  • Options

Sounds positive guys. I still feel poorly but not too bad after some spotty cuddles. I'm not really sure whether it's mental or physical. Been feeling unnaturally drained and nauseous .. I guess I'll find out. It could be pushing it so very, very hard in therapy and being so tired from all the nightmares or it could be the start of a bug. 
    I didn't vom in Titchysis' car Bear, I told her you said that though.

I'm going to bed soon, sorry  

• Options
    I'm feeling very daring tonight because it is well passed 10pm and I am still downstairs watching tv. Mr by eck didn't get home until 10pm and then I fed him and we started watching Grey's anatomy.

Solb, take proper care of yourself. Just as a long run takes it out of your body and you need a rest/easy day, your brain also needs an easy day aftersomething like therapy