Options

Cardiff Half-Marathon

Comments

• Options

I recommend the city centre car parks and do advise getting there as early as you can. St David's shopping centre car park is one of the largest and is open 24 hours. The charges are listed on St David's website. Other car parks can be found on NCP Cardiff's website.

I only live in Penarth, so, like yer_maj, I'll either be cycling or wallking across the barrage to the start as a warmup.

• Options
    I was going to look to park at County Hall if there by 8.00. Anyone know if it is open as normal?

Did this race 5 years ago so just looking to get close to this time as not done very much proper training (2.05 ish).

Might tag along to the 2.00 pacer and see if I can last

Good luck everyone
  • Options

Thanks for advice guys, my intention will be to arrive around 7.30ish I think but I will still go for one of the central car parks and make sure that I give myself plenty of time to wander to the start, find lockers and be ready for 9am.

Good luck to everyone!

• Options
    Why is no one mentioning the cardiff bay car parks then? Are they closed / impossible to get to due to road closures? I assumed as long as I got to the bay before 8am then the link road and other roads would still be open and I'd be fine to park in Mermaid Quay car park?
  • Options

Hi

Long shot I know but anyoe know of any spare tickets for sunday!

Im all booked up, but I've got a friend that interested.

could you email nicbroom@googlemail.com if you know of any?

Many thanks

Nic

• Options

What are the tickets for?  Concert. Footy? image

Looking forward to this event.  Did Henley half last weekend and felt good, so ready for Cardiff!!

• Options

imageok never would have guessed that was my first post! Cardiff Half Marathon on Sunday, looking for anyone who's not running and wants to sell their spaceimage

Godd luck and enjoy to all those running

• Options

Sorry Nicola - yesterday was my mischievous day - just ask those I work with!!  Good luck with your running.

Looking forward to this now.  Only booked a hotel last night - Mr Disorganised or what?  My last "big" race of 2011 before a period of hard training (hopefully).

• Options

Hi good luck all for sunday...........i will be interested to see what everyone makes of the new route............

I haven't done a cardiff race for a few years......( apart from the brilliant park runs) as the 10k and half I did there were all messed up by the organisers ............I hope things have improved and you have a great day and shiny new PB'simage

• Options

Hi Andy

Must be getting excited! Good luck for Sunday !

I did this last year and really enjoyed it, although Im kinda dreading it this year, not done half as mucj training as I should have, hoping the adrenalin will kick in on the day!

Good luck to everyone image

• Options

Well that's all the prep done before the big day. I had my last trot around the park this morning. Looking forward to being the tourist tomorrow. Anyone know of a good Italian restaurant in Cardiff - for the pre-race day pasta?

Good luck everyone! image

• Options
    Looking forward to Sunday, haven't decided to drive or catch a train to yet.
    Never been to Cardiff, so looking forward to visit the city, good luck everyone this Sunday!
  • Options
    SOME GOOD ITALIANS ON COWBRIDGE ROAD EAST CANTON.JAMIE OLIVERS PLACE AND CARLUCCIO'S BY THE ST DAVIDS 2 CENTRE.A COUPLE DOWN THE BAY AS WELL
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Best pasta is round the corner from my house.  Cibo in Pontcanna Street, CF11

They also have a smaller place in Church Street in the city centre called Citta

• Options

Morning all

Looking forward to tomorrow now...have a bit of a cold but should be okay to run! Stillnot decided where to aim for parking, but will try to leave Swansae by 6.30am!

Good luck everyone, enjoy the day!

• Options

Looking forward to tomorrow. Feeling a lot calmer than before my previous half marathons although I'm sure that won't be the case tomorrow morning. Just had my pasta and about to get everything sorted as I'm off out for a couple of hours (not drinking obviously!).

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

• Options

Have a great morning everyone! Think of the afternoon,basking in the glory!

• Options
    Didn't make it to Cardiffimage Sinuses playing up something rotten...no way I could runimage Hope it went well for everyone else!
  • Options
    Woohoo - ignoring the normal advice worked great for me today - didn't check my watch until I finished, and drank a lot less than usual... beat my PB by about 4-5 minutes I think. Awaiting official time to come up on website image
  • Options
    Finished in 1hr 44 mins 54, just inside my 1hr 45 mins target. I received a text message within minutes after crossing the finish line with my official times:

RaceAhead: Well done Stephen for completing the Lloyds TSB Cardiff Half Marathon 2011. Gun Time 01:46:47, Chip Time 01:44:54. Congratulations!

I enjoyed the race, bit congested at the start and had difficulty getting to my starting pen, but still a good race. Well done to all the runners and a big thank you to all the marshals and helpers.
  • Options
    Results are on line via the marathon's web site.
  • Options
    My first half and achieved my goal of sub 2 hours (1h 58m 03s). Chuffed to bits and loved every second, even the last 2 miles which really hurt! Can't wait for my next one...
  • Options

Enjoyed my run today although the dual carraigeway stretch was hard going.  I managed to keep a good pace all the way round and finished 7 minds quicker than at Henley last Sunday - chip time this week was 2:17:11.

imageimageimageimage

Great medal.

• Options

Official time 2 hours, 3 minutes, 8 seconds. Beat my PB by 6 minutes 27 seconds. Maybe sub 2 hours isn't impossible for me as I felt reasonably good today. Really enjoyed the race and liked the route although the dual carraigeway was hard going. Will definitely be back again next year!

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Very happy with my lot - 2:19:30 so 30 seconds faster than my target time!

Dual carriageway section was very unenjoyable. Girl passed out at 12.5k didn't help either!

Overall a great first HM experience though image
  • Options
    andy

did you run henley in reading kit last week? i was in a toilet queue for ages with a guy in reading kit in front of me
  • Options

Glad to get round in the end. The sun was killing me.

Quite a few runners seemed to have suffered towards the end. I wasn't very steady on my feet after I crossed the line myself. 

I wonder if it is still going to keep it's reputation as a PB race. The dual carriageway was difficult.

Congratulations to everyone who managed to complete.  

• Options
    Having run this for the last 3 years I was dissapointed with todays route compared to the previous two. I know a city centre route will never be picturesque but couldn't we have gone through some of the parks rather than the out and back of the dual carriageway. As we were very close to Bute Park and Pontcanna fields at mile 4.
  • Options
    Pebble last year everyone complained that the park was where the major congestion occurred. I guess there's no pleasing everybody. If the race is going to be as big as this and not get congested they'll have to stick to wider and less picturesque roads.
  • Options
    Jimmy McNulty wrote (see)
    andy did you run henley in reading kit last week? i was in a toilet queue for ages with a guy in reading kit in front of me

Hi Jimmy - yeah that was me.  I was one of the last to arrive at the Henley start lne due to that queue!!

How did you get on yesterday?