Options

sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

1231023112312231323142316»

Comments

• Options
    Is it official? Are we moribund? botp. image (sniffs) ...
  • Options

All time longest gap. People move on but the people I have met on here will remain special forever

• Options

Sub four was my hope in 2012 and finally got a place in London in the lottery after ten years so better get going again including having a browse on here with you good folks of the sub four club. Done a 4.08 in blistering heat at Edinburgh for my second marathon and last year did a 1.36 flat half marathon but the last six to eight miles is the issue for me and marathons so need to strength train I guess and up the miles long and slow. All the best to you folks winter training. Its hailing here in Derbyshire at the moment as hurricane Barbara passes over us!!!! Might skip tonight and go in the morning!!image

• Options
    Mcs, times good. I'm sub 4 ing it this time for sure... image first week of training plan this week. Happy running, all.
  • Options

Ikle! I have a London Place!! OH has come through with the goods (and also best Christmas present EVER).

• Options
    Hey fabulous! Exciting. Which plan will you are you using? We are going to smash it. I'm running for Mind. My friend Ruth has a good for age place too. Go us!!
  • Options

I'm using the P&D plan - which I've already started because I'm also running Manchester 3 weeks earlier.. Which one are you using?? 

I'm deciding who to run for, I'm considering a fancy dress guiness record - any suggestions? 

• Options
    UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭

Hello there!  haven't posted for ages but then haven't really been running for some time so not had much to say. Not sure monkeys welcome anymore as everybody seems to be a stick person!

Anyway, been injured and now trying to make a slow and gradual come back but everything seems to hurt and is an effort. I have resigned myself that I won't/shouldn't do any more marathons but have put my name down for Reading half just to enjoy the big race day feeling ...as I am running under 6 miles max at a time at present not sure I will be ready for distance.

Anybody got any suggestions for training plans that don't involve too much running?

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Hi all!

lovely to see some still posting and agree with martin

umbongo nice to see you! I'm never sure about what plan, mix it all up and less is more sounds good....

not doing London but I am doing Snowdonia in October

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    What has happened to the website. I struggled to find this forum. Hello and sorry for my absence. I still have a foot injury. I have been given an NHS podiatry appointment March 27th!!! I am currently seeing my usual physio who is scratching here head with this injury. Not running, not dancing, not driving much and not happy.
  • Options
    Hi Howard! I miss this thread. Sorry to hear you're injured, what is it that hurts in your foot?

I currently have a shoulder injury that I'm working through - I think it's finally on the mend though. I raced a HM on the weekend for a new PB of 1:46:22 (I've come a long way since my first of 2:20-something :) ) and the shoulder held up, with the help of plenty strapping. 

Still training towards Manchester and London Marathons - I've now decided to run London dressed as Bananaman (hence new avatar) and trying to break the world record for fastest marathon by a female dressed as a tv character. 

Hope to hear from some of you soon! 

• Options
    I have had a pain for a few months now. It is at the joint of the toe and the foot. Also under the ball of the foot, the sesamoid bones. At least part of the problem may be sesamoiditis which I suspect his been triggered not so much by running but my ballroom dancing. The rise and fall in the Waltz, foxtrot and quickstep puts a lot of pressure on that area of the foot.
  • Options
    Do you ballroom dance a lot? I thought you were just on the lighting for Strictly :D 
  • Options
    I do the sound for Strictly but I have a one hour ballroom/Latin class each week with an occasional one hour practice session as well. Mrs Roadrunner and I are thinking of giving it up for a few months whilst my foot gets better and maybe go down a class  to make things a bit easier.
  • Options
    Hello all good to see you. Hope injuries get better Howard and Umbongo. Just back from Thorpe Park where I got a stonking PB of 1:44:36 with over 2 minutes off old one! So jolly pleased and bodes well for London. I'll look out for Banananana Man Woman. :) 
  • Options
    Half, that is, if anyone was wondering. Not that speedy in a marathon yet... 
  • Options
    Haha, Ikle I swear every time I get a new PB in something you come in and trump it ;) Well done!!

Sounds sensible to drop a class Howard, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!
  • Options
    I did MK 20 miler last week as pacer and did 3:15:30. Supposed to pace under 3:15 but foul conditions. Really windy. Bad news is ITB back, this time in left knee. Saw physio yesterday. Might go down podiatrist/ orthotic route as am not ready to say goodbye yet again to sub 4 in London. We'll see. Plenty of time. 
  • Options
    I have been wearing my new insoles now for about a week and I think they may be helping but still in some pain. It is all costing me a lot of time and money. Back to the physio tomorrow - another £50+
  • Options
    ShedboyShedboy ✭✭✭
    hi all - not quite been a year but nearly.  has everyone else gone on different thread(s)?  and what is that costume JCG :smile:
  • Options
    Shedboy, there Is no other thread!!
  • Options
    I did VLM in a PB (not sub 4 don't get excited) of 4:06:25. No knee pain. Happy. Next time! And JCG got her record too! 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening, is anyone still here???
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can