Options

Just a little bit further 2012

1516517518519520522»

Comments

• Options

Just a quickie!

Happy New Year everybody!

Just got in from work and getting ready to go to friend's for dinner.image 

Feel quite tired from the weekend as we were at the pool for another 8 hours on Sunday. Elif finished with 7 medals for 7 races but no ind. golds so she was a little disappointed. I wish that she could train with somebody as good as her as there is never anybody pushing her. (I'm soooo proud of her, but just want her to be happy and achieve her goals.) Some of the teams train twice a day but I think she is still too young, don't you? - She is 11 years old.

Anyway, it was meant to be a quickie. 

Here's to 2013!  Hope yours is full of fun, health, wealth, happiness, and running! xxxxxx

• Options
    Eckytump. wrote (see)

MOOOOORNING

Well it's Day 1 of my Marathon training. I am up for an easy 4 miles. I am trying a Bupa plan which seems okay with lots of speed training inbetween. I really need to sort out how we are getting there and where we are going to stay.

Road Runner, I bet you made him feel good. I like to encourage newbies on my runs. I reckon I will see more of them after tomorrow with all those New Years resolutions.

Good luck with the Marathon training! 

I used to throw thumbs up at all runners I saw out and about but here in London that can gain you some very strange looks - people here are just so uptight and wary all the bloody time!  I made an exception because I can imagine what an effort it is train at that weight and I applaud that. image

• Options

I reckon people need to get over themselves as surely it's nice to pass the time of day with others. I remember my first trip to London and I was warned that people dont natter on the tube to strangers. I find this really sad as I love to talk to new people.

Jude I must admit I wouldnt want to push mine too hard at that age but I suppose it's a very individual thing.

• Options
    Hello everyone. It seems strange that 2013 is nearly here.

My running hasn't gone as expected this year, but I have still managed to run two marathons and lose 3 toenails. I was hoping to run today but the weather has been so bad that the trails are getting downright dangerous. The roads aren't much better because there is so much standing water.

I must admit I do like it when other runners acknowledge me, say hi or even just nod in my direction. If I meet othere runners on the trails it is really helpful to know if a particular route is especially muddy,or blocked!

ecky, it sounds like you have a plan forming. Try to put somethin in action before you get too scared/start over analysing and are tempted to back out.

boss, all the very best for ttomorrow. You will be fab. We want to see lots of muddy pictures.

off to find our new thread now!
  • Options
    Eckytump. wrote (see)

I reckon people need to get over themselves as surely it's nice to pass the time of day with others. I remember my first trip to London and I was warned that people dont natter on the tube to strangers. I find this really sad as I love to talk to new people.

Jude I must admit I wouldnt want to push mine too hard at that age but I suppose it's a very individual thing.

When I was on tour around the UK, I found people up north so much warmer and approachable than down here.  It's one of the things I hate about living in London. image

• Options

That's why I'm so nice then.lol.

By Eck, I know its crazy. It doesn't seem 2 Min's since we started this thread. By Eck you are right too. I need to grab the Bull by the horns and make it happen. I mailed the College today and am looking at a part time job that would fit in with evening study and to help fund it. Oh and I think you are amazing having done 2 marathons in a year.

• Options
    *crashes through CRAC tower doors*

Oh my goodness!! *out of breath* did I miss the party? Is it midnight???? Where's the drink? I've run all the way here and I'm knackered????..... Helloooo n happy noooo year all my friendies!!

Oh my gosh I can't believe how many Livy people I've met on here and the ultra thread- I lurve you all! I will have my lappy top back this week so I can type lots again - yayyyyyyyy.

My run year has been superb and it was all because of the fab people I met tht I achieved so much. It was a brilliant year with twists and turns along the way but all has made me stronger. I wish all of you the best for 2013 in life and running- we will ALL go tht little but further again and do brilliantlyimage

My year has ended unexpectedly this week, I was as you know moving to a new life in Essex that I was much looking forward to. Some of you know already but some if you don't tht he decided to leave me - so, my life turned 360 again. Things sometimes have funny ways of giving you new opportunities though so I am making the most of putting things on track for 2013 image - life is good friends xx

Happy new year!!!!

By the way... Who is starting the new thread ??? image
  • Options
    And a thank you once again to my best crewman ultra rocker x
  • Options

He decided to leave you?  What an idiot...

• Options
    Oh no Llb he is a fool- hope you are ok? Off to bed now as racing tomorrow. take care everyone x
  • Options
    Link to new thread is on previous page Lou
  • Options

Oh Loula, I'm so sorry to hear that sad news but its his loss image I think you are just perfect.

I just want to say before we go to the other thread that I am so Thankful to know so many lovely people on here.

You have all been just amazing and have encouraged me through my good times and been pleased for me yet supported me through the bad times. I cant tell you all what this has meant and Abingdon was just the high point of 2012 for me. I reckon my work colleagues must have got fed up of me going on about you all. I just wish I could have met more of you but maybe that will be possible in 2013. Thanks again for your friendship, I couldn't have done Abingdon without you guys, and it is a day I will never forget.

I know that life is not always perfect but you really can make the most of it with a CRAC team like ours. Thanks again my lovely friends.

• Options
    Fanks by eck ....* pads / shimmies off to find kinky *
  • Options
    * linky* !!!!! It was meant to say linky ffs. Piggin iPhone lol .... Bye bye 2012 ......
  • Options
    Can always count on me to bring humour image
  • Options

Lol, I was just trying to figure out who Kinky was.

• Options
  • Options
    Ecky we need to change thread thingy or chili will chase us lol
  • Options

I know, better make sure we turn off the lights as we leave.

Bye Bye CRAC Towers, on to pastures new.image