Options

The scariest movie ever made?

2»

Comments

• Options
    The Grudge scared the crap outta me!! image
  • Options
    The original Japanese Ring was quite scary, as was the Grudge. Saw isn't scary, just unbelievably sick.
  • Options

Saw was an interesting concept and quite disturbing.

The scariest thing in the film world though is how Adam Sandler keeps getting money to make more of his shit.  

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    gingerfurball wrote (see)
    My son was watching Paranormal Activity on tv...in the house...on his own...and you know the bit when all the electricity goes out in the house in the film...just at that bit the electricity went off in our house and he was plunged into darkness...he said he nearly wet himself!

It wasn't remotely scary, but the first time I saw Pitch Black we had a power cut just as the credits started rolling, which was a bit image

28 Days Later scared me, but more in a disturbed 'what if that sort of thing really happened?' kind of way.

I honestly can't remember ever been that scared at a film. Jumpy, yes, but properly scared - nope. I'm obviously 'ard image

• Options
    All the films that scared me were films I watched before 16. Since then it's about a good horror film. Let the right one in and The Lovely Bones were two of my recent favourites. Not seen the American remake of Let the right one in yet but hear it's not too bad
  • Options

Titanic - absolutely horrifying.  I was bored all the way through Paranormal Activity, I just thought it came across like one of those crappy Derek Acora programmes (or whatever his name is).  Jaws terrfied me when I was a kid, and the clown scene out of Poltergeist. 

Proper scary films though - The Grudge and Ring, both in the original Japanese.  In fact pretty much any Japanese horror gets my heart racing.

• Options
    psycho the original version. Then again Hitchock is my favourite director of these sorts of films
  • Options

Final Destination 2 I think was disturbing. Two girls fried on sunbeds..not nice at all.

Anyone seen the Human Centipede? OH.... MY.... GOD... image

• Options

I've not been able to watch the Saw films and don't think I could handle the human Centipede.  Its not that I can't do gore - love it in some films - but they're just a bit too....dunno.....there's just something about them that makes me want to steer clear.

I Am Legend didn't scare me, in fact I thought for the most part it was pretty tedious, but the 'baddie' in it absolutely freaked me out for some reason - actually gave me nightmares that woke me up in a cold sweat.  then again, I was drinking quite heavily at that time, but 'he' obviously pushed the scary button for me!

28 Days later is one of my favourite films, I was gutted when I watched the sequel. 

• Options

When I first saw The Shining, I slept with the light on for a month!  I'm much less easily scared now but don't like watching scary films on my own.  Most of my friends don't like horror, so I don't really get to see anything much.  Tried to see The Ring (Japanese) at a local arthouse cinema when it was out but it was full and we couldn't get in.

The series True Blood has a few jumpy bits in it and IMO it's a good-quality vampire yarn.

• Options
    the series American Horror Story is perhaps one of the most disturbing things I have seen on tv - especially the first few episodes. It tailed off towards the end, but still a disturbing series. I loved it though!
  • Options

Ringu - yes.

Quatermass and the Pit - from my childhood - kinda black and white that gets shown on old movie channels. Still can't bring myself to watch it.

• Options

+1 for the original Japanese Ring - my jaw literally dropped at the scary moment

It took me ages to work up the courage to see the Shining as the book terrified me and although it wasn't quite as bad it was still scary.

But the film that scared me the most was Nightmare on Elm Street when I was 19.  I had to sleep with the lights on for a month! I'm sure if I saw it again it probably wouldn't be that scary but maybe it would... image

• Options
    TmapTmap ✭✭✭

I watched The Vanishing when I was in the middle of my finals, and already quite highly strung.  I didn't know about it, it just seemed like an interesting little romantic yarn.  The ending was so horrifying it bothered me for months afterwards.

I understand there's an American remake with a different ending, which sounds a bit like changing the ending of Titanic where the ship doesn't sink.

• Options
    I've never seen the Human centipede, only heard of it. Was it released in British cinemas?
  • Options

Rickster it was shown on Syfy the other week...weird is the onyl word for it.

For me, Silent Hill..never expected the ending.

Good Koren horror R-Point...Had to watch it twice to make sure the thing i saw actually happend as its so well made.

• Options
    Ooh yes, the Vanishing. It seems so tame up until the last few minutes image
  • Options

The excorcist

scarred the begebus out of me when I sneeked in to see it when I was 16, had to sleep with lights on for weeks.image

Don't watch many scary movies now as I like my sleep and my sanity.

Blood and guts don't bother me too much but the paranrnormal,unknown, physcological stuff I realy don't like...so I don't whatch it muchimage