Options

Would you point out someone's bad technique?

2»

Comments

• Options

Who wears Nike?

• Options
    Yeah I do this all the time with people who don't speak correctly, or don/t know how to dress properly, they love me for it.
  • Options
    Do you suffer from Verbal D Jokerman/undertaker etc?
  • Options

I've only ever pointed something out to somebody once - it was a woman on a bike with the saddle way, way, way too high. The fact that she was wearing enough clothes for a Himalayan expedition and that I overtook her while out on an easy run suggested that it was perhaps her first ever jaunt on a bike. She was going to do some serious damage to her lady-garden.
    I hummed and hawed about whether to say anything as I caught her up. Just as I passed her she stopped to take some layers off and I suggested she put her saddle down a tad. I hope she wasn't upset of put off by it.

I wonder if the fact that I'm a very small youngish-looking woman á la Bookworm would have made it better or worse?

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I'm a bit OCD with saddle height observations when out and about.  Worse than that though is checking out someone's cadence on a bike. I've been known to mutter under my breath "Put it in a proper gear you bloody wuss!" or similar, or more usually it's someone grinding along at 50rpm with their upper body squirming from side to side desperately trying to help out their legs. 

But I never say anything. They're no more likely to squished by a lorry.  image