Options

2012 Kent Coastal Marathon

13»

Comments

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    YoungPup - good luck with your first marathon. You couldn't have picked a better organised race.

Redhead - good luck and hope to see you soon xxx
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

I'll be marshalling at the top of Fort Hill as you go down to the Turner Centre so say hi.  Good luck all image

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    You might need sun cream this year Cinders image
  • Options

Tracey G, I don't run with any club, and I don't really know what time I'll do it in, its my 2nd marathon, so I'm still relatively new to all this marathon lark, but I'm so looking forward the big day  still image.

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Hi Tracey  are you doing this too?  If not I'll no doubt see you and Bernard at Beachy image xxx

Sharon, don't worry, I shall be right near the back, if not right at the back!  I don't run with a club either and I've no idea how I'll get on this weekend as I'm struggling with asthma at the moment.  I want to beat my time from 5 years ago though.

Please don't let it be too hot image

• Options
    I've had injury after injury in the lead up to this run.........but I'll still be there plugging away. image

Gonna see if I can drag these old bones around in under 3:50.

Look out for me. I'll be the one with more strapping than a Brighton bondage party.

Oh.......and I woke up this morning with a sore throat! Brilliant.

If nothing else, it'll make finishing even more special.

See you all by the sea.
  • Options

Good luck Alan - see you on Sundayimage

Although entries are closed there will be a limited number of on the day entries.  To reserve one email thanetrace@yahoo.co.uk with your details.  If there is a space you will receive a confirmation email and you will then need to bring a completed entry form and a crisp £20 note to race HQ between 7.30 and 8.15 on Sunday to collect your number.  Numbers not collected by 8.15 may be passed on to other runners.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Redhead - not doing this marathon my poor right foot couldn't cope image Bernard and I will be running/walking/crawling Beachy.
  • Options

So looking forward to Sunday. Massive thanks to Sharon for sorting my entry out!! I cant seem to download a decent copy of the route although being a local man I know the whole area exremely well!!! Just wondered about a few parts of the route ie. where does it take us instead of going along marine drive due to the pavement being up?

• Options

You're welcome Russ - we have a road closure in place along Marine Drive which is one of the reasons for the stricter time limit this year.

Here's hoping for kind weather on Sundayimage

• Options
    QBQB ✭✭✭

It looks like the weather may yet again be kind to us all... dry largely for marshalls and not too hot for runners. Hope forecasts are right!

Is the start very close to last 3 years, so parking close to where we have previously please? I'll look up on streetmap etc but not always so clear and just planning for my wife and kids as to where it'll now be from beach, playground etc

Personally I'm just hoping that your tea and bacon roll van finds its way to the new location! Vital cog in the post race recovery for us serious athletes you know...

• Options

QB - its further up the coast towards Broadstairs but there is ample on the street parking.  Catering van has been booked - us staff are desperate by the time you runners head off!

• Options
    Weather forecast looks great image

JFDI - I can't find my race number image I know I'm registered as number 236 on the entrants list, and I've seen that the race instructions say you can't provide replacement numbers, so don't know what to do?

Can I turn up early and pick up a different number?

YP
  • Options
    QBQB ✭✭✭

Thanks JFDI, looking fwd to it

Just finished painting the utility room so not the best prep, but that's just the way it is... starting nutritional prep now with a mug of tea and some cookies!

Good luck for tomorrow all

• Options

Young Pup no probs we'll get it sorted in the morning.  I'll be at Race HQ from 7.30am so come and find me - I'll be the wild eyed screaming banshee!!!!image

• Options
    JFDI - thanks a lot..... I'm driving over from Surrey but am hoping to be there around 8ish.

YP
  • Options

Great course, really picturesque especially around Broadstairs. Lovely medal, T-shirt and goodie bag, too. An enjoyable day out on the Kent coast - I'll be back next year for the half.

• Options

Thanks to everyone involved in organising this super marathon!  

Had a lovely day and really enjoyed myself, smiling all the way round.  Took 28 minutes off my previous time from 5 years ago which was my goal so I couldn't be happier.  Fab to see so many 100 clubbers there and to chat to old friends en-route.  I love out and back/roundabout routes like this 'cos as a slower runner I get to see all the speedy peeps which is inspirational.

The goody bag was excellent and I love the medal.  The marshalls were fantastic and very encouraging and I have a great deal of respect and am very grateful to everyone who waits around patiently for us slower runners to come home.

Could someone please give a smack to the announcer at the finish who referred to me as a "golden oldie".  Humph!  I'm a red-haired oldie thank you very much image

• Options

Thank you to all involved, I had a great debut at 1/2 Marathon and really enjoyed myself, 30 yrs for both Thanet Roadrunners and me image will be back next year! 

• Options

Thanks guys - glad you all enjoyed it! In case you weren't aware, the race results and photos are available on the club website - http://www.thanetroadrunners.org.uk/ - hope to see you again next year, if not before!

• Options

I seem to have escaped the photographer!

• Options

Hi all at Thanet Road Runners, A BIG THANK YOU you to all for the fantastic marathon on 2nd September. I really couldn't find any fault with your event, what a wonderful setting and even better volunteers on the day making it all go so well. Thanks also for all the water stations, they really helped. I'm not exaggerating when I say it is my favourite marathon so far, that includes better than London. I'm planning to be back next year with friends. Please pass on my thanks to all involved, a great event 10 out of 10.