Options

Sunday 31th August

Goodmorning everybody.

What: once again no running, it's going to be over 40 degrees out here. I am now getting into swimming since the summer seems to be never ending.
Last run: over a week ago in Holland.
Next run: very very soon I hope.

btw: 'I am too tired to be happy' who did say that BT?

Comments

• Options
    Morning all.

Nice to see you back BR.

Good luck Hilly for todays race.

What: am 3 miles steady, pm hill reps

Why: Had to swap days round due to work.

Last Hard: Weds

Last Rest: Erm, yesterday, should have done an easy 3-5 miler but needed sleep as was working.

Back Soon.
  • Options
    Morning.

What: Armthorpe 10k, Doncaster

Why: It's a fast course and 2 weeks before a marathon, so a good fitness test.

Last hard: - last Sunday due to ongoing leg injury

Race prediction - if I get round without leg trouble I'll be gutted at anything over 35 mins.

Good luck hilly and other racers.
  • Options
    Gelindo Bordin of Italy after winning the Olympic marathon in Seoul.

Nice holiday BR?
    Race well racers

What: 22M long run
    Why: marathon training

Last hard: hills yesterday
    Last rest: 9 days ago
  • Options
    Hello,

Good luck BR with 10K race, hope your twinges aren't a problem. After that, do you think you could pop over and sort out that great bull that's currently occupying the field in one of my favourite routes.

Gorgeous weather but am having to dig sweaters out. Anyone seen Mars at night? It's so close and bright.

What: swim and something else, not sure what.
    Why: Did manage 1.5 hr plod yesterday, once hangover had lifted, doesn't feel like a proper long run though. Fuzzy red-wine induced head this morning too!
    Last hard: Wed
    Last rest: Thurs

look forward to race reports.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone!

Good luck BR and any other racers today!

What:13-14 mile multi terrain race
    Why:you've got to experience to realise why people go back year after year!
    Last hard:Tues
    Last rest:last 2 days due to slight shin splints.

No race prediction, what will be will be!
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    morning
    no running today
    as i ran long (for me) yesterday
    5 weeks to southend looking good
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: 20 miles done in a shade under 3 hours.

Why: Weight loss and aerobic base building.

Will check in later to see how the races went. Good luck all
  • Options
    morning all

nothing for me today, going to take some photos later, ended up doing quite alot at the gym yesterday, got very drunk last night and ended up singing songs by The Smiths on karaoke until about an hour ago when I walked home. No sleep & feeling pretty spannered really.

So what difference does it make....?

:o)

Laura L - I saw mars night before last, it was just by naked eye when walking home, it is bright and low and just like an extra-bright star. Telescope is a must for seeing detail I guess. Stating the obvious really.

A.

• Options
    Morning all

What: 5 miles

Why: Knackered from yesterday took it nice and easy felt really good.
  • Options
    Morning all

Good luck Hilly,BR and all other racers

Just back from a 11 miler it was great and after looking at log this week I have done 49.50 miles wow the most by 19 miles and I feel good on it too!!!

Make it a good one out there today!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hi Peeps,

what: 24k slow.

Good luck to everyone racing!
  • Options
    Morning All

welcome back BR be careful with you injury
    good luck Hilly and everybody else racing today

what: 20 mile run am Done
    why: building mileage

have a good day everybody
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,

What: done 90 mins at easy pace
    Why: nothing too hard this week before 1/2 marathon next weekend.

Went out in glorious sunshine at 8 am but felt cold. Summer is definitely coming to an end.

BR, hope you've stayed injury free. Happy running everyone.
  • Options
    Afternoon everyone.

What: 4 miles easy run, core stability session, spinning and 20 minutes swimming drills.
    Why: Catching up from resting on Friday.
    Last rest: Friday
    Last hard: Yesterday

Good luck in the race BR and I hope the leg is fine.
  • Options
    Well my pb for 10k over the last couple of years has gone 38:01, 37:30, 36:04, 35:41, 35:30, 35:14, 35:10, 35:08 and 35:01.

Anything not a 34 something today would be disappointing. I didn't do it...

I did 33:58! 63 secs off a pb. The only reason I can think of is reduced mileage and intensity last week due to injury. It started tightening up at 5 and a half miles but it got me through.

I ran in with a couple of faster runners for 2 miles then felt so good I shot off, beating people who have been specks on the horizon in the past.

My watch was on `lap' which meant I only knew the time of the mile split I was actually running. I knew I was doing well and on for a sub 35, but when I turned into the finishing straight the clock they normally have above the finish line was on a table, obscured by a couple of people.

I picked out a `:42' and managed to sprint in under the minute.

It's only just sinking in. I haven't had an easier week since being ill last autumn.

This is one of those special running days you wish you could bottle up and roll out whenever you wanted (Robin Hood in 2 weeks' time would be useful).

For the record, splits on (maybe a bit amiss) mile markers were:-

5:11.95 (There'll be some pain on later!)
    5:41.37 (More like it)
    5:25.95 (Feeling good but will blow up soon)
    5:34.42 (Holding it together- on for something special)

5:17.44 (This is impossible)
    5:26.44 (Floating on air)
    1:19.64 (Always think this last bit is too long)

Off to do some race predictor times now!!
  • Options
    Good stuff WP.

Isn't there a little voice inside your head telling you to go out and run .5 of a mile this evening to make it 50?
  • Options
    well done BR a great pb

Welsh poppy I would get out an do that extra half a mile for your 1st of many 50 mile weeks
  • Options
    BR-Well done on a great PB

Yes I have just come back from my 0.5 mile run.You guys persuaded me,amazing too thing going from 0-50 miles in 6 months.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Well done John (whoops, BR)!!! You'll be treading on the ex-Otley AC runner's heels next!!

Did the 2 x 2mile up and down time trial on Thurs night. I ran faster than last year, and that was during the marathon training!
    Guess that I'm not meant to do long distances after all!
  • Options
    Cracking run BR!

3.5 miles this morning - boy did it feel cold!

5 miles pm with 3 @ tempo.

-no good reason, but blistered foot meant I couldn't go long.
  • Options
    Ay-Up

What : Teesdale Triathlon
    Why : I like hilly races

Race Report an TRI forums

Have a good'n
  • Options
    BR - a truly phenomenal PB. 63 seconds from a base like 25 minutes is sensational.

what: Easy 3 miles or so with Matthew; 1½ hours later, 9½ miles or so in just over 69 minutes

why: long run day and perfect conditions for it

last hard day: Wed (race)
    last rest day: Sat

The air round here has been really clear over the past 36 hours or so - running the last mile along Hoylake promenade, could just about make out a peak in the direction of Cumbria, some 60+ miles away - is that likely to be Black Combe? Laura can you confirm?

A pretty weary last mile it was - added a little bit onto the standard route I've being doing on Sundays for the last 2-3 months; in addition, the "easy" run with Matthew isn't quite so easy now - getting him out to run 3 times a week is really starting to pay dividends.

Will go & have a look at your tri report WW
  • Options
    WW - been there, seen it - nice one - great PB; especially when not fully fit.
  • Options
    Great result BR sub 34min running does feel great!

Really pleased with my long run this morning coming home nearly 5min faster than I went out, pushed quite hard for the last 4M.
    105 miles this week & feel really easy on it.
  • Options
    Excellent perormance BR, that is some PB, well done.

WW well done on your Tri, a good PB, keep up the good training and may see you in a race one day!!!

WP well done on you hitting 50 miles this week, keep up the good work.

What: 3 mile done this morning once finished work.

Hill reps this afternoon went well considering I have done alot more mileage this week.

Run to hill

Hill 1 = 27.7 secs HR max 164bpm
    Recovery 46.6 secs
    Hill 2 = 28.6 secs HR max 178bpm
    Recovery 48.0 secs
    Hill 3 = 28.2 secs HR max 182 bpm
    Recovery 52.2 secs
    Hill 4 = 28.6 secs HR max 181 bpm
    Recovery 54.4 secs
    Hill 5 = 29.4 secs HR max 180 bpm
    Recovery 51.8 secs
    Hill 6 = 28.5 secs HR max 178 bpm
    Recovery 53.3 secs
    Hill 7 = 28.8 secs HR max 182 bpm
    Recovery 52.8 secs
    Hill 8 = 29.1 secs HR max 181 bpm
    Recovery 51.3 secs
    Hill 9 = 27.9 secs HR max 184 bpm
    Recovery 52.5 secs
    Hill 10 28.0 secs HR max 187 bpm
    Recovery 52.2 secs

Run home.

Times are better than last week overall, but no real quick time that stands out on any reps, pleased with todays session.

Why: Marathon training and trying to keep this session going to see how progress is going.

Last Hard: Today

Last Rest: Saturday

Have a good sunday evening all.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Fantastic PB BR and well earnt from all the hard training you've been doing. The week of easier runner obviously set you up well!

WP-great running girl, think you should do the marathon not the half!

Did The Beast today 13-14 miles off road on very tough terrain. Ground underfoot was very hard and uneven so twisted my ankle several times. I also stupidly wore new shoes (my big toes both got blister that I felt burst in the last mile-OUCH!)

Wasn't sure how it was going to go has I've had sore legs for a few days. The first few miles I found very tough going and it was all up hill. My left foot went numb and for about 5 miles I couldn't feel anything in that foot, which was quite disturbing. It gradually came back to life on a downhill section of steps.

Downhill I was strong and overtook loads, but going up I was struggling today (definitely my legs!) The cliff steps were as tough as it gets and I don't think even fell runners could run up them-surely!!

The breeze on the top of the cliffs was very welcome as at times the heat got a little intense and the views were next to nothing, if you could raise your eyes off the ground in front of you long enough! I couldn't look for too long as I have a problem with heights and believe me it was high! Felt like I was at altitude!

Anyway once at the top of the second set of cliff steps there was only 3 miles to go, with much of it down. However, by this stage the blisters on my toes could be felt with every footfall and I was trying to land anywhere apart from on the front of my toes, very difficult. This I believe slowed me on the final down bits, where in the past I've flown.

Disappointing run for me today, finishing 10mins down on last year in 1.50 but I'll be back there next year and just hope my legs and toes heal now for Bristol next weekend and the marathon!
  • Options
    Brilliant run BR - make sure you don't over-do it in the next few days.

Sounds like some good hill-work there Hilly, hope the blisters heal quickly.

What: 5 miles very easy to loosen legs from this morning's run.

Totals for the week: 83 miles and 1 pound of weight loss. Bit disappointed - especially with my diet. I have been eating junk food all week. Need to knuckle-down this week.
  • Options
    Well done Towton and Big Tim 83 Miles and 105 Miles respectively, very impressive.

Me today,

What: 16 Miles in two hours
    Why: Long Run day and says so on the schedule.

Last rest: Friday
    Last hard: Today
    Last long: Today

Well done everybody on your efforts!

LL
  • Options
    Boringly just did 10 miles, no watch, enjoyed looking at the deer.
  • Options
    10 miles boring?

for a blob who did nothing, thats great