Options

Sunday 31th August

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm just recovering from illness, (excuses I know!) and of course from being beaten by BR and tha t's always hard to take,(he's such a crappy runner!!!).
    Not too surprised to wake from my slumber tp find 2 or 3 posts from this happy man.
    By the way, well done the rest of you too!
  • Options
    I know this is unacceptable on this thread, but ill hug you anyway, DCD
  • Options
    BR, that is a cracking PB, I'm really delighted for you, your euphoria comes across! Hope you can bottle the feeling and keep it, so does this convince you of the value of resting??

Congrats Hilly, sounds like a real toughie which you tackled with your usual gusto, sorry about the blisters, take care with those.I''m sure at this stage of your marathon training you wouldn't want to bust too much of a gut over such a difficult course anyway. (I'd love to try it)

Mike, reckon you're right about Black Coombe, it's very distinctive from the south west, big round shape. Well done on your long run and congrats on big mileage BT and long runs everyone else.

What: 45 min swim, bike ride.
    Why: probably one of the last daytime outside swims this summer, my crawl is getting easier and if I squint I'm sure I can see very faint muscle definition on my arms! Spent ages taking my bike to bits before deciding it needs the sort of tlc only the bike shop can provide.
    Last hard: that would be Wed, crikey. Hill reps tomorrow!
    last rest: Thurs

Resolve to have alcohol free week having really overindulged this weekend.
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    Well done BR - that's amazing - don't forget to let tell us your Nottm number when it comes through - same for anyone else running it so I can give you a cheer as you go round.
  • Options
    Cheers everyone for your kind words - even you Treadmill. Still on a high. This was the target for next autumn.

BT, 105 miles and still fresh. A great sign.

Two Ton - 83 miles and a pound lost. So what's it to be - an extra 60 mpw or less beer? (the extra running sounds attractive at the moment).

Laura - outside swims??? alcohol free weeks??? You spartan.

Hilly, a gutsy performance. Rather you than me.

Speedie - very consistent, a v.good session.
  • Options
    what : swimming as substitute training
    my suggestion: try swimming with fins (check if allowed in public swimming pool). I find it a very good way to warm up and build up leg muscles. If you're not used to that, however, don't overdo, especially during first week or so. Also try to swim with a steady pace, the aim is resistance not speed - although you can speed up from time to time for fun, but watch out for cramps.