Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Kaz - You can print from the fruit based device but only if your printer accepts it.

Yer_maj:

I'm very jealous of your sexy shoewear. The best I can do is mud to change the colour of my Stabils.

@KeyserSuze wrote (see)

JamesB, the photos might have been destroyed but have you kept the underwear?! image

I had the same thoughtimage

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I'm sure the underwear is somewhere!!! image

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Started my new diet at the beginning of the week. Having read some of the messages on here I decided to cut bread (unless a pitta bread containing doner meat) from my diet and have nuts instead of crisps. All going well so far.

However, I have bought a bag of mixed nuts from the blue and white striped supermarket. Thankfully the bag contains a warning that the bag 'contains nuts'.

• Options

TD and DLR: Thanks! I'm sure I'll get my little brain wrapped around the ideas once I apply myself. Getting my legs to wrap around them may prove more of a challenge...image

• Options

KS: I'm jealous - I loved that book! What was she like in person?

• Options
    KeyserSuzeKeyserSuze ✭✭✭

MM - she was lovely! I got her to sign it 'To world enough and time', which was pretty cool. She's really funny and quite quietly spoken but very passionate about what she believes in - she was talking for a little while about fairytales, which was great, and she recommended some of her favourite authors as well. 

I was going to ask if she'd seen the film (which I wasn't a fan of, at all) but someone beat me to it, and even her answer to that made me like her more - she confessed she hadn't seen it and wouldn't like to disparage someone else's comfort. She did say she hadn't planned to see it as she liked kepeing the space between her book and the film. It was very graciously and elegantly handled. 

£5 a ticket in my home city, £25 for two signed books - bargain! Oh, and they had drinks as well.  The new book's going to be a ballet as well, The Raven Girl - Covent Garden, end of this month, I think. 

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I really loved Her Fearful Symmetry - it totally fanned the flames of my love of graveyards and cemetaries image

• Options
    KeyserSuzeKeyserSuze ✭✭✭

Shamefully, I have that but haven't finished reading it image She talked about Highgate though, and how she visited a house that was in the cemetery and she wanted to buy it but couldn't afford to.  Fascinating.

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Highgate Cemetry? - I live close to that - used to be closer, grew up in an area called Dartmouth park, which the cemetry is part of. The houses round there are muy pricio hense i've had to move a little bit further away to afford a teeny tiny flat! If the lotto ever comes up i'll be back in that manor double time!

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

BTW - our gorgeous ATM came to my rescue today, without even knowing it.

One of her top tips is to email a copy of your passport to yourself, in case you can't find yours at the expo. 

I had to collect something from John Lewis today for Mrs Os sister. John Lewis wanted to see some photo ID like driving licence - or passport. Out comes the phone and I was able to take home the parcel. 

Thanks ATM image

• Options

Quiet on here today. Feet up enjoying a few beers after a hectic week. Might run the Forres 10K tomorrow.  Or I might not....

It's nice not to have the pressure of marathon training hanging over me, for the first time in 2 years. I'm just doing what i want, when I want !

• Options

Well the childrens musical concert tonight was amazing. They are awindow wonderfully talented, and soooooo young!!! Proud mummy again! image

Emmy- got fruit based device connected to printer, and have now got my Paris Finishers Certificate printed! Happyimage

• Options
    yer_maj wrote (see)
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

Lovely little recovery run this morning.  Perfect example of a run that left me feeling I had more energy than when I started.

This week I am working on running more slowly....mt VDOT suggests my easy pace should not be faster than 6:45/km and I'm usually 20-30 seconds faster than that.  Bloody hard work running so slowly though....

I've found that in the past, that running slowly somehow feels like it takes more effort thn running at a 'natural'.  

I've come to the conclusion that to a point it's true - that running unanturally slowly but trying to keep everything else the same is tiring as you're somehow fighting yourself, but if you just let yourself slow down without worrying it becomes a breeze. 

That probably makes little or no sense...

• Options

Kaz - nice image

Jus T, TD - how's the injuries?

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Parkrun for me this morning, with a couple of km either side for warmup/cooldown.  First 5k for nearly a year...reckon it's going to hurt a bit...

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Saw The Great Gastby yesterday. Loved the movie. Absolutely typical Baz Lerhman - perfect.  And great soundtrack

• Options

I really struggle with slow running too. Usually end up with lots of achy bits.

Talking of running slowly, I have decided to run the Forres 10k this afternoon. It's fairly flat but very exposed course and I have always struggled to get a decent time. So I am not putting any pressure on myself. I'll must see what happens.

• Options
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Kaz - nice image

Jus T, TD - how's the injuries?

I can't speak for JusT Weedy.... but...for me, it's proceeding. Still being careful walking downstairs. Knee isn't locking properly so I feel a bit wobbly and if I over extend then I can get sharp pains in the tendon. Not done any exercise since Sunday which doesn't feel great for body..or frankly mind.

I could do with a bit of stress-busting right now and a long run would be close to perfect. But perfection is close by, just to have to wait a couple more weeks and I hope to be back on track. Until then I have to be very patient and get used to limping along a bit, even though I really don't like the place I find myself in.

I've heard it said that good things come to those that waitimage

Until then, I run vicariously through you lot! And I've got lots of work to do prepping ITLR. Today I will be mostly looking at maps.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

TD - you can vicariously have my 50 second Parkrun PB if you like?  25:49 - over the moon with that image

And while you bask in the glory of it....keep the faith...

• Options

Well done YM. 50 seconds is a lot to knock off over 5K. In fact it is, mmm, urr, emm, (gets calculator out) ............

10 seconds per K!

That's 7 minutes over 42K....

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

DLR, I found my knees feel more battered being on my feet for lonager. You're right running unnaturally slow. 

Mac, smash it in the 10k today. what's your PB? Surely you can take that out with all that brilliant Paris fitness?

nice one YM, you are getting quicker, over the next couple of years you will probably be running so many PBs at various distances with all that structured training and high mmileage 

Tricky, you've been unlucky with your injuries mate. I hope you get this one out of the way and get the chance to build up to a good marathon soon. London2014? We all want to repay your amazing support, encourage, yoda like advice / Internet based coaching. we'll make so much fricken noise you'll be embarrassed to know us and run away quicker storming back with a sub3 marathon, especially if the convocant girlies show you their goods on mile 11.image , as long as DLR don't show you his "goods"

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

We'll give you a flash of gargantuan proportions.  So no, DLR won't be involved....

• Options

TJB - 42:19 is my PB but that was on a fast Inverness course back in Sept.

I've done very little speed work since then so I'll be happy with 45 - 46 minutes. It's breezy so it's going to be tough.... I could do with some gargantuan support, but alas, the Convo-girls are 600 miles away.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Hmmmm we need a Convo Girls Flashing Pic to be carried around by racers who live in silly places like UpNorth....

• Options
    yer_maj wrote (see)

We'll give you a flash of gargantuan proportions.  So no, DLR won't be involved....

As seen on the 'Full Monty':

http://penispumphq.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/penispump.jpg

yer_maj wrote (see)

Hmmmm we need a Convo Girls Flashing Pic to be carried around by racers who live in silly places like UpNorth....

I'll have you know I joined in with flashing Eggy.  In fact Eggy and myself were the only ones who showed a bit of nipple.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

What?  No hydraulics?

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

i actually i flashed eggy as well - i lifted my shirt as if i had a pair and flashed by pale ribs/fatless tummy with loose skin - he soon got outta there

• Options
    yer_maj wrote (see)

I am brimming with laughter. I said Brimming Rob, Brimming. Nothing else.

You lot are ace image

• Options
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)
    yer_maj wrote (see)

I am brimming with laughter. I said Brimming Rob, Brimming. Nothing else.

You lot are ace image

With a little gentle persuasion, I think I could do an encore performance of London Mile 11...but let the record show that I won't flash my wares for just any old person I meet on the internet.

• Options

Congrats YM! That's a huge improvement.

Nice work Kaz. Your lovely girls are only thus because of you!