Options

Monday session (30/9/2002)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Managed the long one eventually, not till 4pm though and that was too late. Did 17 miles 2hrs 25 but felt crap and still do, had to call International Rescue, otherwise known as "the wife" to come and pick me up.
    Not a good day.
  • Options
    Evening all, haven't checked your race reports yet but congrats to all Windsor runners and Nessie, well done on Loch Ness marathon; bring the tights upstairs tonight 'cause tomorrow you won't get downstairs at all.

Wild Will, I'm thinking the same about the GNR. 1.45 would be my ideal but can't decide whether it's too much hassle fighting the crowds (let alone whether I'm capable of it!). Maybe see you there.

What: Went to a club tonight! Found they were doing 1/2 mile intervals, picked a good night to start then. 6*1/2 m with 3 min recoveries, nearly died on the first 2 legs which we did in 3-3.10 and immediately got my HR up to near my max. Then slowed to about 3.20, by the end it had got too dark for me to check my watch and I was past caring anyway. Felt slow as I was nearly last but then pleased to be told they'd been amazed I'd kept up at all. My legs are now tingling with post-lactic acid overload - so this is what Mike, Drew et al get up to on a regular basis??
    Why: want the discipline of regular speed work through the autumn, and it's getting too dark to run on my own in the evenings.
    Last hard: tonight!
    Last rest: Fri.
  • Options
    recovery run accomplished at approx 7 minute mile pace....yaaaaawn