Options

Tuesday session

2»

Comments

• Options
    Evening all
    Right, decisions, decisions. As I've said earlier, I'm becoming Scardey Snicks and going off running alone at night especially since the teenage boys episode. So what am I going to do tonight? I'ts 845pm, I think my son is asleep, my cheese and bread has kind of gone down. Not sure whether to do speed session/run, or swim 100 lengths - if I don't run will it rubbish my marathon training - is there anybody there?
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Snicks, after your hard session on Sunday you would be better doing nothing tonight. Have some wine and watch a good film.
  • Options
    Drew - are you really telling me to do nothing! Well, it's beginning to look like I have no choice as my daughter is awake - is she - no asleep! Oh Drew, now I'm in a predicament - I'm suddenly nackered. Is it because you let me off the hook and said I can do nothing. The rest of the week would be:
    Weds: Club session: fast 8 miles
    Thurs: Teach Balance and Treadmill for 40 mins - tempo for 20
    Friday: Long run: aiming for 18 miles min
    Saturday: Difficult. Working in Bolton. Might escape to hotel gym and pool and early evening
    Sunday: nothing as I'll be driving back from Bolton

...it's not enough. I have to do something tonight!! I'll let you know what later

• Options
    Drew - you're right! I'm exhausted, and it's 930pm...
    What: nothing
    Why: Because Drew told me so
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: yesterday (I didn't tell you I had two scives, did I Drew?)
    Goodnight, god bless!
  • Options
    Evening all! Snicks I'm in similar child predicament tonight.
    What: Nothing.
    Why: Supposed to be 6 mile steady club run tonight but can't go at last minute as Mr away, eldest at Duke of Edinburgh award course, younger two don't want to be left for hour in the dark.
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: yesterday - feeling rather stiff!
    Aiming to do 10 x 400m at track tomorrow night so perhaps an extra day's rest after Windsor is a good thing after all.
  • Options
    What: Mother in law turned up mid-morning and provided additional sprog support, whereupon ladywife turned to me and suggested "why don't you go for a run?" Must be some sort of breakthrough!! So, grabbed a 5 mile fartlek at lunchtime.
    Why: Introducing speed gradually
    last hard: sunday
    rest: yesterday
  • Options
    Got round 10.3K course in 42:40 on a lovely & surprisingly warm evening. That and the heavy shoes I was wearing meant I probably should have gone slower. Avge HR: 159.

Also: blister on right little toe