I changed my name

While eating a very large doner with extra meat I decided to change my forum name to Khanivore. I used to be Tortuga.

Comments

• I liked tortuga.......we have a PC game.....Tortuga..pirates of the new world.........and the name seemed to fit in hereimage

• But I love's the doner! nomnomnom *burp* Oh and my last name is Khan! image

• how can you get a doner with extra meat - if you go to a decent kebab place they shouldnt be able to fit any more in, amateursimage 

• but the important question is did you have chilli or garlic sauce with the kebab

• DK: They remove the salad AND the pita for maximal capacity efficiency and then stuff the box with meat. The pita and salad, which let's face it are simply there as a token gesture, are supplied separately.

SN: I had both chilli AND garlic sauce. I have not had a kebab with only one of the aforementioned condiments for many years now. Only amateurs pick one or the other.

Not happy - I have put on 2lbs this week. I thought I had a pretty good week to be honest with a fair bit of running and one big cycle ride. I was pretty good during the week on the eating - not good enough I guess. Oh well, back on the healthy stuff until next weekend.

• so it sounds like you had what is known around here as mixed meat and chips..made large.......image

• SN: perhaps - but chips occupy valuable kebab space in the box and so I had them separately. 

I know a lot of people really regret their kebab the next day but to be honest my mouth is watering just thinking about it. DK - I hate reading your posts because they remind me of the kebab I want to eat. 

Half a tin of tuna and salad for lunch today /sigh. I really want to get to 12 stones so i can develop in to a hill climbing monster. I haven't been 12 stones since 1990'ish image

• I woke up this morning deciding that I would try and eat healthier.....and now you have filled my mind with the thought of doner kebabs and sauces and chips..and coleslaw.......image

• hahaha SO SORRY SN image image To be honest though - I have read your account of that double IM distance triathlon a few times now. I bet you don't need to lose a single ounce!

• didn't you read I didn't stop eating......... always tell myself I will lose weight but it just keeps going on..........I blame it on my age.not the fact I'm a  greedy cowimage

• hahaha - i have some experience of this. During the london to brighton off-road bike ride I am 99% sure I consumed far more calories than I burned. I opted on cadburys blue boosts as my nutrition strategy. I was bloated at the end of the ride and still had some chocolate left over because I took so many. I ate them in the finishers area. image

• There's no shame in stuffing yourself with crap food, there is shame in wondering why you put on weight after eating it though :P
  • @Khanivore - you say the salad is provided separately at your kebabary. May I ask if you ate this green stuff ? If so, and in my experience, putting this green stuff in your mouth is not good for you and may be the cause of you putting on those 2 pounds
  • Carter - a) after extensive testing I have to agree with you. Schoolboy error on my part - i ate the greenery image b) I saw Carter the USM when I was at Uni! Woot!

DK: I thought I was eating super-healthy 6 out of 7 days last week and I ran and cycled a fair bit too. I did not expect to gain weight - quite the opposite. I do not blame the doner for my weight gain. I blame the supposedly healthy food - i just slacked too much on that part of it i guess. Will try harder this week - the thought of next weekends doner will allow me to do so.

• Have you considered the meat only diet ? I.e. three square meals a day = 21 kebabs a week with no mixing of food groups (providing you dont put that salad stuff on again). Sounds like a winner to me
  • carterusm wrote (see)
    Have you considered the meat only diet ? I.e. three square meals a day = 21 kebabs a week with no mixing of food groups (providing you dont put that salad stuff on again). Sounds like a winner to me

Damn it - you are making me HUNGRY!

• but chips does not count as meat image

I have been thinking about this Khanivore..........day one of my healthy eating and if i fall off the wagon and have to miss the pirate christmas social because none of my smart clothes fit..............then it will be all your faultimage

• hahaha oh noes! Well if it helps, I eat what i want once a week (ok this has been slipping hence the weight gain but you get the idea) so that i can eat healthy the rest of the time and know that i am NEVER more than 6 days away from stuffing my face with what I want.

I work on the basis that 6 days of good eating will more than compensate for 1 day of filling my face image

• Seren - u have smart clothes? , all I have is finishers t shirts and closest I get to designer labels is Ron Hill image
  • to truly appreciate the stupendous delicacy that is the doner one has to be sober. Never ruin the amazing experience of a kebab with beer.

• I like mine at lunch time.

• Madlot wrote (see)

to truly appreciate the stupendous delicacy that is the doner one has to be sober. Never ruin the amazing experience of a kebab with beer.

+1

• that tuna salad  tonight tasted just like a kebab......honestimage

• Checks in as an occaisonal lunch time kebab eater. Yum Yum.

Do you go mixed grill or just all elephants leg. I am quite partial to the mixed grill.

• For a full treat I focus on 100% elephant leg/face/bum but yesterday I got doner meat + a skewer of shish lamb kebab to try and be a bit healthy - but cos the guys knows me they ended up just making a gigantic donner and then trying to stuff the lamb in afterwards as best they could.

Today has not been great! I had tuna salad with best of intentions. Then I ate most of my dad's birthday cake - he is diabetic and so i could not let him eat it. Then my brother gave me a cup cake to celebrate my dads birthday which I ate too. To top it all my wife has made a nice curry which I am about to eat - I am writing off today completely and starting fresh tomorrow. 

• Did the birthday cake have kebab in it ? image
  • I would rather eat my shoes then a doner kebab.

• Food is the greatest thing invented since sliced bread I eat most things but prefer chicken kebabs as doners smell like sweaty arm pits to me.
  • Chicken? FFS

• He must be on a diet