Options

Yorkshire marathon 2013

1303132333436»

Comments

• Options

http://webkit-fake-url://B08EA8F8-B25D-4769-8A36-0B51ACD5FF65/imagejpeg

Here's me folks ! Still smiling, as always. 

• Options

Lovely to see all your pics, slowly getting over my failed marathon attempt :0(. I  have never felt so gutted. I trained so hard for York then injured 2dys before, gutted!, that's long distance running for you. 

Northern Gazza - thank you for info on Crewe deja vue, I googled it a few days ago and emailed them, I'm on the waiting list & praying. I really fancy it & need a 2nd chance. Fingers x. 

http://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/photo.py?template=MPX2&event=Sports/CPUK/2013/Yorkshire%20Marathon&photo=YOMY1261&bib=2579

Here's me, not looking happy. 

• Options

NSGNR, yep cant shake off the running bug. 10k at lunch today, parkrun tomorrow and round it off with a 10 mile race on sunday. We have enough Marshalls so ive been allowed to run. Back on it like a car bonnet.

For those doing a spring marathon, and looking to PB ive been given the following advice.

Do a reverse taper and at some point try to get in a 20 miler between now and Xmas. Then in January start your normal marathon training plan, and ive been assured a PB awaits you. A 3.45 run is my next goal.

• Options

/members/images/601409/Gallery/York_maraton.jpg

So copy and paste doesn't work for photos. Here is my next attempt!

Sean - I'm amazed that you can even think of such things. Good luck! Good advice about training - I may try a 20miler befopre Christmas, to keep the mileage in the bank.

I can't believe that I'm even asking this - but can anyone recommend a good spring marathon? Skd - is Manchester in the spring?

• Options

Here's me - relieved to have got up the final hill!

http://media.marathon-photos.com/photos/Sports/CPUK/2013/Yorkshire%20Marathon/fullsize/YOMI0138.jpeg

• Options

It looks like you're flying Cosmic! 

• Options
    Not So Great North Runner wrote (see)

It looks like you're flying Cosmic! 

Well - it does reduce wear and tear on the knees image

• Options

NSGNR - you make marathon running look so easy, great photo.

The third Manchester marathon 9.00AM 6th April 2014 starting outside Old Trafford. I'm most likely to enter before too long. I did it this year it's flat, great crowds, good organisation, well recommended.

There are other marathons, look on 100 marathon club website.

• Options

Still recovering from york.plan to start running again in 5 days time .at 65  my recovery time is getting longer. Iam doing the lanzarotte marathon in dec a d limersol in the spring. I also have a few more half marathon lined up. I struggleI with oosteoarthritis in might right foot which is a bit painful .I suppose it could be worse rigermortus is much worse. Farewell from sunny suffolk . Dennis

• Options

Phew . 5 miles just clocked at lunch. 70% effort, and a really nice jog. Feels good to get that 1st post marathon run under the belt. Im going to push hard at PR tomorrow and should set me up nicely for 10 mile race on Sunday.

NSGNR. Manchester is flatter then York, so deffo a good course to choose / beat your time. I cant do it as it has to many bad memories for me at Old Trafford, mainly involving my team being on the end of an 8-2 scoreline.

• Options

Be careful about pushing hard so soon Sean.  Although you may feel okay, marathons are a tremendous strain on the body and take weeks to recover from.  Your muscles are still trying to repair the tears and this is the most likely time you'll get injured if you start to force the pace.  Please be careful!

• Options

great to see the photos and put faces to names image but couldn't open your link bornagain. Was back in York working these past couple of days and walked past the Minster...I remember the crowds there, they were so close and the atmosphere was brilliant, felt a bit emotional......my plan at mo is to volunteer to be a marshall next year but I may just be tempted......

Off to Newcastle shortly for a planned post marathon break with my lovely family..

Have a good restful weekend everyone.

• Options

New Blog Post: The Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon http://bit.ly/A0dZlV 

• Options

Can you imaging how much I laughed when I recieved the mail for next years event? It's me!!!!!!!!!!!

http://webkit-fake-url://33A2979A-9ECD-4446-AC8A-9D1A873B519E/imagepng

• Options
    Can't seem to load the link to my finishers photo, maybe because I'm away from home and using an iPhone.
  • Options

Am warming to the idea of Manchester, we normally do a trip up to Old Trafford once a year as a treat for the boys, although it seems the Reds are playing away that weekend. First run today, hip flexors very sore so I took it easy.

My photos were just as hilarious as I expected, I look astonishingly pissed off in them all but will share when I'm on the pc next.

• Options

Pardon my ignorance, but is the Yorkshire marathon Finisher's t-shirt considered a technical top with wicking capabilities??? It's a material I'm not familiar with image

• Options

Don't know about it's wickability but it's got lots of proudability! I think it's great for running in - tell the world (well, my neighbourhood) that we did it! 

• Options

Wore my finisher t shirt at parkrun with pride, I was elevated to minor celebrity status, some very supportive comments and plenty of welldones, even without asking my finish time.  I wasn't the only one I spotted 4 others in the 300 other parkrunners.

A steady 6 miler today before it got windy, very pleasant and relaxed, it didn't feel that far, 3 runs with my eldest this week, 14 miles in total.

• Options

well deserved praise Skd and great people did not ask your finish time! I have put my t shirt on tonight as feeling a bit sad it is all overimage not run yet but nice walk on Holy Island yesterday. Probably will leave running for another week as toes not good, plan to maybe cycle and swim. Anyone else planning other marathons? I have London in April so need to start my 16 week plan before xmas!

• Options

Piece on Marathon Talk about the marathon and Channel 4 7.05 am Sun 3rd Nov is a documentary about the marathon.

• Options

Has anybody else received a spate of unsolicited texts this morning from annoying pay day loan companies? I don't give my mobile number out very much at all, and I'm wondering if the data has been sold on by the marathon organisers.

• Options

Hi,

I've decided I'm off to the Manchester marathon thread, it's been great over the last few months.

To the next marathon, hi ho silver howay.

• Options

Hey guys, 

I should be in for this next year, it's either this or staying in Dublin for ours the following week but just wondering what was the support like out there? See in the vids there was great support at the finish, was it like that the whole way around?

How many ran btw, anyone know?

• Options

As the forum has slowed right down I think I will follow skd's lead and exit the thread. It's been an absolute pleasure - this forum really helped keep me motivated during the months of training. I'm not sure what is next - perhaps the Manchester marathon? If so, I'll join Skd on the Manchester forum. I've also got the brass monkey in jan.

Sean - I hope you got your pb. I can't possibly feel sorry for an Aresnal fan going to old Trafford though! ...being brought up in Newcastle ive had a lifetime of abject misery where football is concerned!

Tiny - I loved your race report.

Bornagain, Skiprat and Lily - I think you're all local so I may see you at a race or out running some time. I hope so! Thanks to all others on the thread too! 

Those who are thinking of running it next year, I would highly recommend it. I think I might just sign up again!

• Options

I will also exit now and join a London forum. 

NSGNR - I'm also in the brass monkey, fab half marathon & will look out for you. Bornagain - will look out for you marshalling. Lily maybe bump into you at London, hope your training goes ok.

Finally got my head around pulling out of York & have started a new plan ready for London. Something slightly different this time, new focus.

Northern Gazza - Was really up for crewe on Sunday thank you for the info i had a cut off point of 9am this morning to call it a day if I hadnt heard from the organisers. I got an email tonight  at 6pm to say I had a place but logistics & carb loading are all out the window now, so it's probably a no go, hope you have a good run. 

Thanx again eveyone and happy running!. image

• Options

Just seen myself on the TV, running next to Harry G after he has been interviewed at mile 18! Anyone else seen themselves? It inspired me to snip the chip off my running shoes, put on my finishers shirt and go for my first run in 2 weeks and it felt good!image

Hate the end of threads....thank you for all your support, advice, sympathy and laughs. Will check into the new thread next year but my plan at mo is to volunteer to be a marshall.

Skiprat, have you found a London thread yet? They all seem well established or specific to a charity etc

L of the V x

• Options

Does anyone have a link to the photos that was taken in the baggage area - podium shots with your time? I cant remember getting a card from them or find them online anywhere.

Cheers all and hope everyone has recovered now and getting stuck in to their next events image