Options

Tuesday 4th November

East Kilbride's finest!

What: 6M pm with strides at the club, will do them on the grass.
Why: rest & recovery phase

Last hard: the M race
Last rest: yesterday

Enjoy your training & recover fast those not.

Comments

• Options
    Morning all

What - 5 easy am, 1 hour steady pm

Why - base bashing.., I mean building!

Last hard - Sunday

Last rest - 11 days
  • Options
    Morning all

What: 11.5 km realtively gently but on a hilly cross country course trying out my new NB RX Terrain shoes.

Why: Still in recovery phase

Last hard: Amsterdam

Last rest: Yesterday

Simon

P.S. Tim - are you following something like the 5 week recovery plan in advanced marathoning?
  • Options
    Morning All

What 4.5 miles steady Pm 4.5 miles

Why mileage building

last hard sunday
    Last rest 11 days ago

Happy running
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning,

What:swim
    Why:resting knee
    Last Hard: Saturday
    Last Rest:Since Saturday.
  • Options
    Morning All,

What: 10M appallingly hard undulating club run.
    Why: Apparently it's good for improving lactate threshold.
    Last hard run: Sunday
    Last rest day: Monday
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: rest day (1 of 2)
    Why: recovery from last 3 weeks of heavy mileage
    Last hard: Sunday

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Morning all

Did a short session at the gym yesterday - felt very tired mainly due to PMT (always get tired) so didn't overdo things.

Managed to run a mile in 10 mins and then gave up doing much more - shins were hurting and cold compress in the shower later really helped. Did 15 mins bike, stepper & elliptical thingy. Much the same today.

What: Gym session
    Why: Re-establish routine
    Last Hard: If I'm truthful, yesterday wa shard really. Seems my fitness is imitating yoyo's.
    Last Rest: Sunday.

Have a nice day all.
  • Options
    TT, I'm relieved to hear of it!!

Cath, I've often found that it works that way. I think my assessment of a workout is always coloured by my expectations. So when things go well for a while, I assume progress is going to continue. Maybe I am disappointed when it doesn't, maybe I am just the tiniest bit more reckless in my demands, and that is enough to spoil the workout. I don't know. But the experience you describe sounds familiar.

What, 3miles, done. Started very doubtful, with better leg feeling pretty awful. Ran through it, and upped the pace at the end. Definitely not base training here (HR, by the finger on wrist device, in order of 200!). That was after the final fast bit, for Lizzie.

Still on half dose NSAIDs. So it seems possible, although it makes training difficult. If it doesn't get any worse I'll stick out the week at least. Discuss with running friendly GP strategies on Friday.
  • Options
    Morning All

What: 7 miles at steady pace am , club tonight hill work
    why: mileage building and speed work

have a good day everybody
  • Options
    Complaining about PMT our cath:)))
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Morning all. 5 miles am done, 6/7 miles with club tonight.

Just found out that one of my slightly faster running clubmates has got into FLM via the ballot. That is one training companion sorted out, but come January I suspect the long runs are going to be done at an interesting pace!

Have a good day.
  • Options
    Favourite session today:

4 mile reasy run to gym
    5 x 800m on treadmill (watched over by handsome fitness instructor)
    4 mile easy run home.

Learning to run on tired legs to help with those last few race miles - I'm training for the Stockport 10, and this time it's personal !

• Options
    Morning all,

What: 7m steady into work. (Able to run on the road over Tower Bridge today, as it's closed to traffic due to a protester up a crane nearby)

Why: Building mileage/BT

Last hard: 28 Sept
    Last rest: 9 days
    7 day cumulative mileage: 38m

Have a good day.
  • Options
    Morning All

Long time no post of this thread, lots been going on. Managed to complete Dublin Marathon in under my target time, was aiming for sub 3:45 and ended up with 3:44:21.

Sustained an injury to left knee which has kept me out of training for a week.

Back to it today:

What: 6 Miles easy
    Why: See how things are with the knee

Last Hard: Dublin marathon
    Last Rest: Loads
    Last long: Dublin Marathon

Good luck all.

PS: I am in London next year, how about you?
  • Options
    Morning,

What: am 5m easy, pm 6m steady
    Why: base building
    Last rest: Friday

Have a good day.
  • Options
    Peeps!

what: hill session. 30 min. warm up, 8x1min. hill, 30 min. cool down

Happy running!
  • Options
    Hi Longlegs, welcome back - yes, I'm in London too, although the way things are going, my sub-3.30 quest looks in doubt. But hey, there's still 5 months to go. Well done on getting your sub-3.45.

What: Six miles steady through the snowdrifts. Cross country skiing tonight
    Why: Another attempt to recover the level of fitness I had in the summer. Will try and reintroduce speedwork next week, as hopefully knee is recovered.
    Last rest: Thursday

Well, the new turbo trainer is up and running, we've also just got a TV as well (moving pictures - a real novely after a couple of years without!). So put turbo trainer in front of telly and did 30 minutes yesterday in front of BBC News 24. Two questions:
    - Does anyone make a remote control holder for a bicyle?
    - Why did my hear rate shoot up when George Bush came on the telly?
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

What: am rest, pm 1 hour hard cycling
    Why: Scheduled
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Sunday
  • Options
    Morning all, and congrats Longlegs!

LizzyB - the answer to your second question is that you love and want to snog George Bush, even though you may be in denial.

Rest day yesterday completed successfully, and it's club night tonight. I like club night. Club night good.

Enjoy your day.
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Morning,

9m including round-about route to club then about 4m with beginners and run home

Improved 40min section of run last night by about 100m!

Bod
  • Options
    Swerve - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Big Tim - It's the Jesus and Mary Chain, isn't it?
  • Options
    LizzyB - you see? Denial!
  • Options
    Hi all.

What: probably nothing but may manage a swim later if time permits

Why: swimming is much harder to fit into my daily schedule than running (which is usually done during my lunchtime) and I'm still injured.

Last hard: sunday

Last rest: yesterday

Arms and shoulders really ached yesterday from the swimming lesson on sunday so I must have been doing something right!

Cath, I can't believe you are moaning about PMT after everything you've been through!! It must mean that you are back to normal now!
  • Options
    hi all
    have not been running for absolutely ages as it has all been go since summer.
    Got married, started new job and have noe moved to Belgium with hubbies job.
    Relocating is exhausting!
    So have now managed to join a gym and am sussing out possible outdoor routes to run.
    So now am back to running slowly for 30 mins after really improving in England over the course of the year.

Today did 35 mins on treadmill trying to keep heartrate at a mid point to prevent burn out in 10 secs flat.
    Sorry to warble on
    tiaxx
  • Options
    Good to see you back Tia! Have fun exploring. Met one fantastic lady runner from Belgium on the China trip a couple of years ago. Sounded as if there was lots of good running going on there.
  • Options
    Hi Tia - welcome back! I did the marriage/relocationto new country/new job within a very short period of time thing ... and you´re right, it´s exhausting ... but exciting!
  • Options
    I did the marriage relocation thing - 25 years ago, moved twice round the corner since! Definitely exhausting.
  • Options
    Afternoon Folks

What: 7m easy
    Why: recovery run & mileage building

Bit pushed for time at the moment but have a good one.
  • Options
    How do!

What: 1k swim am; leg-strengthening work lunchtime
    Why: Pool was empty! (planned to do circuits) & legwork dull but necessary.

Amused myself watching today's two treadmill techniques: run like heck for 30 secs then jump nimbly off the belt & stand with one foot each side of it grinning smugly while belt still running, jump back on & fall off; grip side bars for dear life while legs & shoulders flapping every which way in attempt to maintain speed with belt .... oh my
  • Options
    Tia,I also did the marriage,relocation thing plus popped out 2 babies! You are right, very exhausting, but so much fun!
    Let us know what running in Belgium is like.

What:12k
    Why: trying this base building thing

Ran 10k yesterday, so feeling a bit tired today and walked for about 15min. Feel REALLY guilty about that. NEVER usedd to walk! But then I was doing 10miles per week less.