2»

Comments

• Options
    afternoon all,

what : swim later
    why : recovery fortnight
    last hard : yesterday
    last rest : sunday

did about 8 miles last night with club. felt really good to start but legs very heavy near end. Must be remains of marathon stiffness, but then again it's only been a week.
  • Options
    Sit, my rest & recovery period is based on the advanced marathoning 5 week plan. Will definetly do 4 but I'm racing 10K this weekend but not seriously as it's advertised as a fun run. The following week is xc but will take an extra week if I feel like it. Then back to some hard stuff.

The break is doing me good, but when I start back, it's all building towards a Oct/Nov marathon next year.

LizzyB - April Skies - The Jesus & Mary Chain

Finished work a 2pm today, so just filling time.
  • Options
    thanx everyone i'm glad to be back
    now all i need is a plan or i know i will overdo things trying to get back to the level i was!
    I will keep you posted on my new discoveries.There's a lot of forests,country paths etc here so i think that may require a snoop
    tiaxx
  • Options
    Evening all,

A bit later than normal today, but things have been busy

What: 6 x 1200m, 200m recoveries
    Why: trying out some longer intervals
    Last easy: day off yesterday
    Last hard: Sunday's race

Starting to get a bit worried about whether I'll even be able to run Brighton 10k. There's a good chance that my number will get stuck in the post, and they're saying there will be no facilities to pick up replacements on the day... very annoying.

v
  • Options
    Hello

Finding it difficult to train or post as new study has eaten a big chunk of life and I am only on third day.

Still not running as calf, although not painful now, still needs rest/treatment. Aiming for 15mins on Sunday this week.

So, last week I managed two swimming sessions (mile) and two gym session (40 minutes various weights + 5mins on bike 'fitness test' level)

This week - plan visit to gym tonight and again Friday night, before testing calf on Sunday.

Happy training/racing to all

Andy
  • Options
    Venom - will they tell you your number over the phone/on the internet? Have you asked if you can 'make your own' in an emergency?

Can't believe any race organisers would want their race to be a flop.

The Thanet organisers have told me to let them know if my number hasn't arrived a few days before and they'll have a replacement ready for me... what nice people!
  • Options
    TT does it feel odd?! (resting)

What: after 4 days in the doldrums I was determined to run today and did the hardest session I have ever done....at 7o/c in the morning!
    1m easy
    5m hard
    4 x 0.5m fast

on 'T' of course.

Only 3 days on-call to go.
    DCD
  • Options
    Evening.

Speedwork DCD? In autumn? Unheard of!

Did my hour after work and threw in 20 mins of Lactate Threshold running.

My RHR is a few beats above normal today so BT times have suffered a bit this week. Will keep at it though.

• Options
    Evening all

Coco, Stickless & hippo -- um, well I wasn't moaning about PMT as such... just well, it does make me really tired on the first day (more than it used to) but you guys are right... at least I can moan about it! hee! 4th one and seem to be pretty much regular now ... so only have to wait another 16 months before thinking about sproglets

:o)

Anyway, still only managed a 1 mile run at the gym. Shins were hurting like hell today so I've taken the decision to rest the running legs and concentrate on cycling, rowing, stepping and the cross-trainer. In the end I worked pretty hard tonight but not with running!

Won't be around tomorrow - on my PGCE course but 'tis a rest day anyway.

Cath
  • Options
    venom, looks like a good session.

Really peaceful running on the grass in the dark tonight. Legs felt quite fast especially on the downhill strides.
  • Options
    evening all

That's a decent session Venom - 4 x 1600 off similar recoveries would be another such.

what: Session with Wirral runners. Did the same "tempo" (ha!) run as 3 weeks ago. I would guess this is a smidgeon under 6 miles in length.

why: good question. To find out how much I've lost since I last did this run I suppose.

last hard day: last Tue
    last rest day: Mon

Round in 36:57 - 47 seconds down on last time. As last time, it became v hard - especially over the last mile or so. Paced it better this time, but definitely my hardest run since Chester Zoo.
    Didn't notice knee while running hard, but during the 15 mins warm down jog, began to notice a "heavy" sort of feeling just below the knee. Did the full range of stretches (quads, glutes, hamstring, ITB, calf) on getting home and (for the moment at least) it feels significantly better than Sunday.

Off to bed now as I'm knackered.
  • Options
    What
    am : 22 minutes steady cycling in the fog
    pm : cycle 3 miles to club, 8 mile club run, cycle 3 miles to cycling club, eat some hot dogs, cycle home, drink wine, post this, go to bed.
    Why: What else is there to do?
  • Options
    What: 3 x (4 x 600m) - in 1:47-1:50 with 1:15 between reps, 2:30 between sets.

Clubnight - hard work but had a good session going on.

Last Hard - Sunday

Last Rest - 8 days