Options

Thursday 6th November

2»

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations Tiny Tia!

what: 50 minutes easy then 10k @ 1/2m pace.

Happy running!
  • Options
    TT - well done. We have spent quite a lot of time living in Brussels and the foret de soignes is a magnificant place to run with loads of trails including some that are waymarked - one of 20km and one of 10km. There is also a very good web site for races etc in Belgium http://www.jogging.org/ - if you need any other advice or hints let me know. 2 good running shops also - one on rue luxembourg in centre.

What: 5 miles very gentle in gym but with hr sky high - think body is still recovering from Amsterdam so will continue taking easy for a while (this is taking much longer than after my first marathon in April and am getting a bit impatient)

Simon
  • Options
    Well done TT
    Hiya spud

Did almost 50 minutes base training probably 4-5 miles haven't measured it yet

• Options
    What: Rest

Why: Cheddar Half on Saturday
  • Options
    LizzyB, A Forest my fav Cure track too,
    can I come round & listen to your music collection please?

Really enjoyed my run tonight, the sea was calm & the moon was shining bright upon the water. My feet landing softly on the grassy carpet below my shoes.

All this peace will be shatterd in a few weeks when I start upping things a bit!!

I carn't wait.

Tim
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    10 miles am about 7:30 pace
    7 miles pm with club.

Just me, the clubs fastest runner and 4 ladies out tonight. Us chaps kept doing 200-800m surges then doubling back for the ladies.

Nice to see you recent marathon people can't wait to get going again!
  • Options
    Just got back from my club hill session. I think base training is taking some effect: I didn't feel like I had the sprint speed that I had a couple of months ago, but I found I could go for a lot longer without hitting any real fatigue. I'm now looking forward to seeing what I can do when I get back into more regular speedwork in the new year.

One personal milestone reached: I've just been over to my profile page and changed my weekly mileage to 'more than fifty'. Well, it seemed important to me...

95 minutes - good luck on Saturday and let us know what the race is like. I haven't been to Cheddar for years - might be tempted to try that one if it's on again next year.
  • Options
    Aardvark, great going I wish that they had one at 100+ because over 50 is only 1/2 way!!
  • Options
    Maybe for you BT! Who knows, maybe one day I'll get there...
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Just back from my run, plan A was scuppered so I ran my regular 6.5m route but back to front, result...59mins, 3.5mins faster than previous best, which I only set last week! Importantly this is 9:05 pace which, if kept up for 26.2m is sub 4hr!! I felt great and strong, it helped that it was a perfect night, mild bright moonlight with a touch of ground fog for effect.

Potential reasons for improvement in order of probability/effectivity

1) Course run regularly starts and finishes uphill, so in reverse the first couple of miles are down hill or flat so hill doesn't take it out of me straight away
    2) Base training is reducing cardiac drift allowing me to maintain pace
    3) Am getting faster
    4) Ran outside HR limit - actually not - max is 142, and i ran at ave 138 and maxed at 146 only
  • Options
    Evening all,

Late post today as I didn't really know what session I was going to do until I did it. Anyway, I arrived at the club night, and was very pleased to find out that a bunch of people wanted to do a track session (the club is very ad hoc like that), so off we went.

What: 5 x 1600, 200 recoveries
    Why: long intervals for 10k training
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: yesterday

Very happy with the session - did it slightly faster than my 5 x 1200 session on Tuesday.
  • Options
    congratulations TT

That's a great session to get in for 10K training Venom. Not much time left to get any more in though.

Got round 5 miles tonight dead slow (37:32 - outside 7:30 pace). Wasn't feeling quite 100%, but average HR stayed down at 138. Not too enjoyable an outing though.
  • Options
    Well done TT

Did not want to post until I'd actually done the sessions today.

What - 5 easy am - back in the right time range, pm did the `Hadd' test again which lovers of Base Training will be familiar with. Great results. I was quicker @ 140 bpm than I was @ 150 bpm last time and so on.

My threshold pace for the 2400m @ 170 bpm was 5:43 miling, a significant improvement on the 6:19 miling it was before.

After the 6.5 miles of Hadd I went and did a steady club run of 7.5 miles - 14 in all and 19 for the day.
  • Options
    BR - that is great progress. Faster speed @10bpm lower - GREAT!
  • Options
    What: 2 mile warm up - 12 x 200m on grass at 1500m pace off a 50m jog recovery.

Why: sharpener for the weekend (South of the Thames)

Last Hard: Tuesday

Last Rest: 10 days
  • Options
    BR,

I hope to be able to perform a 'Hadd test' early next week. Do you have any tips or suggestions on the session to enable it to go smoothly?

Cheers
  • Options
    back training after post dublin marathon rest - hilly 5 mile out and back

nice and easy to get rid of the kinks (hate it when you're followed by musicians)

Sub 50 mins just and feeling quite strong yet tender - legs wanted to go really fast but head held me back....
  • Options
    Try and rest the day before Chip. Pick a calm day. Depending on your speed it will take an hour +.

Oh, make sure your HRM's battery is not going to wear out and you have a watch which can record splits as you go!

Good luck with it. Hope you post the results on the daily thread.