Options

Sunday 9th November

Waiting for lunar eclipse to happen properly so thought I would start this off...

What: gym
why: easy on calf until Monday or Tues - next run out.

I don't know who the lyrics are by so if anyone can tell me that would be a bonus as I would like to get the full version...

:o)

Andy

Comments

• Options
    At work trying to keep eyes open........

What: 20 miles off road in about 2:20

Why: Thinking of the "M" word.......

Last Hard: XC Relays yesterday

Last Rest: 13 days
  • Options
    bloody clouds.

just went out to see how it was going, probably about 5 minutes from the best bit and enter stage left a big band of cloud. All is now obscured.

Off to bed now to sulk (and peek out of window incase it clears).

Hope you are not stuck at work too long MikeB.

A.
  • Options
    Here til 6am :(

I quite like nights during the week, really good for training, just can be a bit hectic at weekends!
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Off out for 12m, usually go out early to keep Mrs Bod happy but today I've got 4 hours of rugger to watch.

That'll be 54 miles this week, last rest 16 days - a record for me.

Also it's my birthday - does that mean I have to drop my training zone by one beat??
  • Options
    Morning

Happy birthday Bod!!

Good luck any racers today

Speedy recovery to all with injurys, niggles etc

Hilly take it easy and hope all is well with you ASAP

Well after 3 days enforced rest days will be out there today planned 15 miler but will see how it goes, as all around me have colds.It has been my unplanned step back week....hopefully will be back to normal as of tomorrow!!!

Happy Running

I know I will be in the minority but come on WALES do us proud!!!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning all.

Happy birthday Bod.

MikeB - I've noticed you do your long runs @ 7m/m pace. Do you find that quite slow at your level or is the aim to build stamina without taking too much out of your body for the rest of the week?

What- 18 miles @ 7m/m pace (or quicker if Treadmill can drag himself away from his machine and breathe in the fresh air)!

Why - a good 20 days without a race ahead so time to crack on with some serious base building.

Last hard - 5k relay leg yesterday

Last rest - 16 days.

Good luck all racers.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning all!

Well done yesterday BR, that was good racing and sounded like fun!

PPB-well done on the xc, I'm sure your 10k pb will fall on the road!

Northen Exile-Wimborne is a good course, it's classed as undulating, but really it's not steep undulations. There is one hill at the beginning and the end (same hill) but otherwise I'd say it's pretty flat(ish) and a possible pb course! Everyone I know who's done it have got good times on it. Good luck!

WP-thanks for well wishes and I'm with you with COME ON WALES!! My husband and children are English so I'm a bit outnumbered in my house!

Happy birthday BOD, hope it's a good one!

what:go for a run in a moment, but not sure how far until I see how my leg feels. Sat here it feels fine apart from if I flex it I feel a tight calf, but we shall see! Might also go for a swim later as I've missed swimming this week.
    why:it's Sunday
    last hard:Wed
    last rest:yesterday
  • Options
    Morning all "Big Tim" here logged on as "Snail". Just cannot remember my password.
    Nice & sunning here

Happy Birthday Bod enjoy your day.

What: Hackney Rainforest 10K
    Why: it was a good idea at the time!
    Target: get round in one piece.

Last hard: yesterday's pub run
    Last rest: friday

A race report & full service will be resumed latter this afternoon when I get back home!

• Options
    Morning all,

What: 11.5 kms steady on hilly forest course

Why: Still recovery mode but gradually beginning to build up mileage again

Last hard: Amsterdam

Last rest: Friday

Off now to see how BR and others did yesterday in the x country.

BR/Treadmill - what about joining up for long(ish) run on Sunday 23rd November if you are not racing - we will be back in Wakey for the weekend?

Simon
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Bod, morning everyone.

What: Rest

Why: Half M yesterday

Track session tomorrow.
  • Options
    Morning all!

Snail here this time, not an imposter...

what: 6 miles
    how hard? Very gently, arms hurting from yesterday's pub run...

see you all later!

ps - good luck, Big Tim, for today's race!
  • Options
    morning all

happy birthday Bod!
    Didn't get a chance to post yesterday.
    Managed to do 45 mins by running to next town and back, very enjoyable.
    Really feel like i'm progressing slowly but surely!!
    Hope to do a run in a bit will return later.
    Good luck to anyone racing and great running to all
    tiaxx
  • Options
    Morning
    Finally back from NYC.

What: 4 miles easy
    Why: easing back into it after NYC marathon

Last hard: All week... recovering

Happy running one and all
  • Options
    Good luck everyone racing

What: hard 40 minutes on turbo trainer listening to the second half of the rugby on the radio, climbing wall later. Hopefully fit a run in as well
    Why: Melting snow and a big freeze is playing havoc with my running. Oh well,next week .....
    Last hard: Thursday
    Lst rest: previous Thursday

Hmm, meant to be studying at the moment .....
  • Options
    Morning All

Good luck to everybody running or racing today

What: 15 miles
    Why: last long run as taper before 10k race next sunday

have a good day everybody
  • Options
    Simon - great idea. Should we meet somewhere like Pugneys? Treadmill likes really early starts :)

Ran up to Wakefield today - round Sandal Castle / Pugneys / Crigglestone / Newmillerdam. 20 miles in all.
  • Options
    Morning

Happy Birthday Bod.

Did another hours Basetraining was about 5½miles i think can't be exact
    went 30 mins out before coming back and went 2 mins further than i did on the same course that i did a few weeks ago.
    Nice day out a luittle cool but soon warmed up and only a little windy coming back.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Another bad run, but this time cut it short at 5 miles and decided I'm not running this week to give my leg time to recover. I couldn't put much pressure on it so ended up running 9.30 min miles, which for me in unheard of.

Went for a 11 mile cycle, which felt great and loved it.

Off for a swim soon.
  • Options
    Hello,

Hmm, if I were prone to gossip I would give in to the temptation to comment about the Snail/Big Tim log on. As I am not, I won't mention it at all.

Happy birthday Bod.

Hilly, sounds like a good decision! Glad you enjoyed your bike ride.

Good luck with the sporting event that appears to have everyone fixated today, erm, what is it again? All I know is it involves Wales and very muscular thighs.

What: 2.20 xcountry run, exactly the same as MikeB, with just a small discrepancy in the distance covered in that time...A piffling 60% whr was the average according to my hrm, any slower and I won't be moving at all!
    Why: trying to maintain endurance by keeping up longer runs most weeks.
    Nice morning for running, the autumn colours have been spectacular this year. The ground is still so dry, certainly makes off road running easier.
    Last hard: today.
    Last rest: Wed

Congrats on your race yesterday BR.
  • Options
    I cant wait for the rain to stop any longer so I'll put my waterproofs on I spose....

What: 12 miles easy
    Why: Legs too tired for anything else after last 2 days.

Hilly: Thanks for the info about Wimborne- maybe I'll get closer to that 60 min mark then!

Im off to get soaked :-(
  • Options
    Happy birthday Bod!

Hope you had a good race, pseudosnail.

Hang in there Hilly. Today is not race day. It's next week that matters.

What - not exactly rest day, but boat laying up day. With four boats to strip and put away in sheds and all the clobber to pile into the back of somebody elses car and fetch home, and carrry upstairs to be washed and sorted and packed into the loft, I'm somehow not remotely tempted to put on the trainers and go out for a plod.

Save that for tomorrow morning. Should be ok. I'll do a bit of Pilates work, particularly on tight piriformis.
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

Well done BR and happy birthday Bod.

What: Almost a complete Hadd test (4 reps of 2.4K + 2.4K warm-up)
    Why: To see where I'm at
    Last rest: 15 days
    Last hard: today (well part of it anyway)
    7 day cumulative mileage = 38m

Family circumstances dictated that if I didn't do this today, I doubted I could get it done this week. Anyway, track was empty apart from a large flock of Canadian geese and associated 'goose waste'.

Wasn't sure if I should do a warm-up but did 6 laps anyway.

Results as follws:

Planned Rate Time Pace(m/m) Avge bpm

140 bpm 11:39 7:49 139
    150 bpm 10:47 7:14 149
    160 bpm 10:11 6:50 159
    170 bpm 09:39 6:28 169
    180 bpm - 'You're having a laugh'

I was a little disappointed not to be able to do the '180' set, I think I would need to be with a group or a coach for the necessary motivation. I felt shot after the '170' set.

Not that impressive, but a starting point none the less.

Enjoy the rest of the day.
  • Options
    Hilly - Bad luck, but it sounds like a good decision to cut your training session short. It's a shame Wales couldn't have cut their session short by 40 mins! I thought they played really well though.

Bod - Happy Birthday

Br - Well done in the race & well done for enjoying it.

Nothing for me today or the next week i guess. Watched the rugby with an ice pack on my calf.
  • Options
    Hello everyone........
    I'm taking the plunge and finally (after weeks of deliberating) placing my first training posting.
    I've always thought you are all far too professional for me, a mere novice, to join in. But you're a friendly bunch and I'm feeling great after completing my fab weekend run.
    SO....

What - Just returned from 7 mile steady run along the river.
    Why - It's the weekend and I just love this particular route.
    Last hard - Club interval training, Thursday.
    Last Rest - Yesterday.

Hopefully posting here will keep my running a little more consistant through the winter months.

Happy running / resting / racing everyone..........

• Options
    BR- I don't really know what pace I do my slow runs at, It may be closer to 6:30 minute miling on the bits which are flat paths, but it's mostly off road on a hilly, muddy army training area (part of which is used for the GRIM) and I don't want to over estimate what I'm doing so I always estimate a bit on the slow side.

I guess it would be interesing one day to take out some sort of GPS device to work out what speed I actually run at. Using a map and string / software is a complete non-starter - we don't tend to follow the marked paths for long enough.

• Options
    Wibble

I'm not professional!

I have only returned to running since June though i ran 14/15 years ago have returned many times only to stop again.
    I too am hoping that posting here will keep me going through the winter. I have though remaind quite consistent so far i find these forum's do help.
  • Options
    What - club hill climb - came 5th out of 13, half of those that rode out didn't even compete - what's the point in that - and it never ceases to amaze me how many of them will spend 3 grand on a bike but don't get fit enough to ride it.

Managed to crash on the freewheel competition and landed on my head - rather sore neck now!
  • Options
    Wotcha, you lovely lot.

After a pretty feeble week's 'training' (and foetal position whimpering), I somehow managed a PB in a club five-miler. Cripes! Wasn't sure if I was back properly after an extended layoff/marathon, but it seems to be clicking into place.

Think I'll have another lazy week and see if it gets me a Half PB on Sunday. :-)

Well done/have fun.
  • Options
    Hi!

Happy birthday Bod!

Welcome Wibble!

what: 2h 45min slow run

Happy running!
  • Options
    Hi everyone

Just got back from just over 12 miles in the rain. Was supposed to be easy but felt awful even though it was slow. Feeling pretty demoralised now (as well as pretty achey!)

So - happy birthday Bod, and I hope everyone achieved what they wanted to achieve today.

M xx