Options

Sunday 9th November

2»

Comments

• Options
    Laura L, well done on spotting the "Snail/Big Tim" log on this morning.
    Your imagination has been running wild!!!
    but it's true that these forums are sparking off friendships.
    Our's has built up over the New Forest & Amsterdam thread! & maybe one or two others.
    So this weekend I met up with another Amsterdamite Soo, & a couple of other forumites for a pub run & fireworks as posted earlier!

Then today.

What: [Hackney] Rainforest Foundation 10K a 3.5 lap Fun Run.
    Why: Something not too serious & a chance for me to stretch my legs after 3 weeks of marathon recovery.

A little tired & full of too much laughing, I found myself warming up & feeling quite good. The top 3 finishers got a medal so I thought I'd give it ago, see what would happen but no way would I let it kill me.
    Starting easy & nobody going away fast the lead pack stayed together for the first 2K.
    I covered the first move but when the second came I let the other 6 go, it was'nt worth it. So in 7th & running comfortably, it was time to enjoy myself, cheering other runners as I made my way though the tail of the race. This may have slowed my time but this is not a serious race so it really never matterd.
    Finished with 37:53 stayed in 7th & had a fun time.

Another 5 day's of recovery & the some serious racing in the Kent League XC next Saturday.

Last hard: sort of today but possibley yesterday.

Last rest: Fri

Wibble, nice to have you posting but be careful you never know who you might end up meeting :-)

Thank you to Snail for a great time!

Tim
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Thanks Stickless-I have worked out I don't need to do next weekends race to get enough points for club championship, it's the race on 7 Dec that will count. So if push comes to shove I've got over 3 weeks to heal!

BTW your rest day sounds a pretty hard day to me!

Welcome Wibble, hope you enjoy your time on here as much as me and I'm sure you'll get lots of support/advice from these kind people! Well done on your run, it sounds a nice route!

Llama Man-I do believe Wales did well too, just not well enough! But give them a couple of years and this young team will be a force to be reckoned with.

Well done on your ride Popsider! I suppose expensive bikes to some people are just toys-wish I could afford such toys!

Swerve-glad you're feeling better and well done on your 5 mile pb. Seems rest does wonders, so maybe I'll have some from my enforced rest!

Did third training session in the form of 66 x 25 metres swim. Very pleased as I did 1 mile in about 40 mins.
  • Options
    hilly, positive thoughts will help you to a faster recovery.
  • Options
    Did 12 miles in the rain with M. also feel inordinately tired and my tracksters have rubbed - Grrrr

still tomorrow is monday and monday means 3 miles easy...

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    M-just put it down as a bad day, we all gett them and I'm sure you'll be back running strong on the next run!

Big Tim-well done, a good race and position!
  • Options
    Well done Big Tim on race especially after heavy night and belated happy birthday to Bod.

BR - pugneys/Newmillerdam area would be great but I don't mind coming over closer to Barnsley if easier for you and Treadmill and an early start is good for me also as Mary will be wanting to go out also for long run so the earlier the better. May need to be a tiny bit shorter than 20 miles for me (or poss to cut shortish if struggling) or for you and Treadmill to run it at a non-suicidal pace as it will probably be the first real long run I have done since Amsterdam and will be racing on the Sat. Are us not interested in running the x-country in Liverpool on the Saturday? We should have place in car and there are places still available on active europe site.

Simon
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    You have my sympathy Godzilla with the rubbing from tracksters-painful!

BT-I agree positive thoughts are in order to aid a faster recovery!
  • Options
    Simon - early starts are good for me - Treadmill really likes to stay tucked up in bed until late, but like you Mrs BR likes to run as well.

As for Sat I have a kids birthday party and it's the one day in the week running only happens around other things so I'll take a raincheck. Training partner might be up for it though.

Wakefield is fine for me as I live in Royston, hence today's run up to Wakey.

If you're here for the full week (aren't you running Abbey Dash as well) why not pop along to a couple of club nights?
  • Options
    Royston in Herts, to Wakefield, BR? What's that, getting on for 200 miles today then? Wouldn't *completely* surprise me. ;-)

Hilly - thanks, mate! Hope your rest isn't too long.
  • Options
    Swerve - excellent pb
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Well done indeed Swerve, what time did you do?

Congrats also to all of you who competed in the National XC races in Mansfield yesterday.

Much sympathy Hilly, I hope all these niggles clear up for you soon.

I've had 2 days of enforced rest due to work and social commitments. However 10 miles brisk today has taken me up to my target of over 50 miles for the week, so schedule is still on track.

BR..do you know what happened to one of your club's elite, Terry Field? Haven't seen him in race results for ages.
  • Options
    Ta chaps. Wardi - it was too slow to specify in present company.

(oh, OK, 38:35)
  • Options
    Swerve, gald to see you so happy.
  • Options
    Wardi, not running at present. Bought himself a flash sports car and developed a back injury which took him a long time to relate to the car.

He's done a couple of club runs this year but has retired from racing. Says he might get himself in shape to run relay legs for the club etc.
  • Options
    Evening all,

Happy birthday Bod & welcome Wibble.
    Congratulations on the PB Swerve.

Hilly - you have been battling with your injuries for long enough....I think an extended rest (from running) is a good idea. Hope they clear up in the meantime.

What: 5 miles very easy with Mrs TT this morning (50 mins), then same course again 20 minutes faster this afternoon.
    Why: bit of a blow-out after a very easy week. Felt strong & relaxed.

Weeks summary - 54 miles, weight gain 1½ pounds.

This week has been a ‘practise taper’ to see how long it took to recover from the heavy training. A week seemed to be long enough to feel refreshed, so now plan to do 3 heavy weeks followed by a 1 week taper for the Luton marathon.
  • Options
    evening all
    Thought i'd post again after my days run.
    I thought i'd explore so went in different direction which was great to begin with although a bit nippy.
    Only thing was i ended up running onto cobblestones so i carried on a bit hoping they would only be afew but..
    No i had to turn round and head back cos didn't wanna risk an injury.
    Still a good run and you never know do you unless you explore!
    Welcome Wibble and keep on runnin'
    Tiaxx
  • Options
    evening all

Happy birthday Bod
    Welcome Wibble

Congratulations Swerve on that PB

Hope the rest sorts things out for you Hilly.

what: 3 and a bit miles at run/walk pace early on with Matthew (he really was slow today - doesn't seem to perform on these morning runs lately).
    then, 10 till midday spent in exasperation watching a quite monumentally inept England display ("here you are Shane, have a 3-on-1 overlap mate - just hold it there while I kick it down your throat")
    then, 9½ miles or so (with a couple of hills) in about 70:30

why: it's Sunday - long run and World Cup ¼ final day
    last hard day: Tue
    last rest day: Mon
    next rest day: tomorrow

So I've at least managed to get through a "set" of 6 consecutive training days with a total mileage a little in excess of 35. The average HR for the long run was still, at 148, a few bpm higher that it would have been a few weeks ago - though the match may have contributed a little to that!
  • Options
    hilly - thank you - and you are right i'm sure. sorry to have a bit of a grump on here i know i shouldn't.

hope you are feeling better soon. positive thoughts in your direction

M xx
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    M-everyone's entitled to a grump every so often! :o)

Thanks everyone. I'll keep posting even though I'm not running this week as I plan on lots of cycling and swimming. Looking forward to getting to know my bike properly and wearing cleats for the first time ever. Going to practice in a big car park before venturing onto the roads though!
  • Options
    Good luck with the cleats hilly - first time I wore them I forgot I had them on as I started braking. Then only just got my foot out in time!

Just been out for a 3.5 mile jog to help loosen muscles and do some stretching.
  • Options
    Evening All,

Swerve, congrats, great run.
    Bod, Happy B.Day.
    Wibble, welcome on board.

What: 17M nice and steady.
    Why: Wanted to get a couple of longer runs (this weekend and last) in before the Brampton - Carlisle 10M race next weekend
    Last hard run: Tuesday / Thursday
    Last rest day: Friday
  • Options
    Evening all. Resting today as start of a 1 week taper and still marathon recovering. Really enjoyed doing nothing today.
  • Options
    Hi all,

Happy birthday Bod.

Good race BT, great time especially as you were holding back.

Haven't had time to read through yesterday's race reports yet, but will try to later.

This morning's run was a 17m long run, really enjoyed it and didn't feel too tired afterwards. Endurance training must be working.

Well, yesterday's rest day was spoiled by a heartbreaking loss for Great Britain against Australia (rugby league). The lads did us proud, but just couldn't overcome being a man down after the first minute. I have no voice left today - I'm clearly not match fit at the moment.

Have a good night everyone.
  • Options
    What 18miles
    Why BR did it
    If I'd realised I was one mile off a total of 70 for the week I might have done the extra mile!

Simon & BR I DO like my lie in on Sundays!! BUt would like to get together for a long. Am a little worried that a vet almost 47yrs might find the easy pace of you youngsters a bit too fast though.

Welcome Wibble; you run 4-6 times a week, are a club runner... seems like you're more than a "jogger"!!! Look forward to future posts.

BT Iremember the Kent xc league well; good standard, club spirit etc. Well done on your seventh placing.

BR please don't blame Terry's back injury on the TT, I'm superstitious(something is wrong with that spelling).

TT how can you gain weight with the mileage you do. I do far less and am a stick insect trying to gain weight!