Options

Pirate DIY Half IM 2014 - A hat tirck production

Comments

• Options

Guys, really sorry but I'm going to have to pull out of this.  Problems with my back have flared up after a visit to the physio yesterday.  I had hoped to use this as a training session for the swim and bike, however lack of reasonable mobility will curtail even that at the moment.  

Let me know how much I owe for the T-shirt and I'll get it to whoever's organised them.  

Once again, really sorry.  Hope it's a good sunny weekend for everyone.

• Options
    Aw boo siggy. Heal well and come anyway to eat drink and support
  • Options

Soup, I can hardly face sitting in the car for ½ an hour at the mo! But I'll see how it feels later in the week.

• Options
    Fingers crossed siggy. Mr soup might be coming with me and help out on Saturday. I'm back on my bike but without clipping in cos it huts to turn my foot to unclip. Might sneak in a crafty couple of bike laps.
  • Options
    Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Oh no Siggy! image   Be great if you could still manage to come over.  Hope you recover soon,

• Options
    Oh hope you can still make it Siggy, even if to just shout abuse (err encourage) will let you know re tshirt after the day as I may still be able to shift it off to someone who hasn't ordered unless you still want one ??image
  • Options
    Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Not long now peeps image   Look forward to seeing you on Friday.  Think SA booked the table for 7.30 at the Rising Sun.

Siggy .... how is your back?

• Options

Hello!  I was just coming on to ask where we were eating, so I can google it for directions.  That's the same place as last time isn't it? 

Jo, do you want me to bring loads of bacon and sausages and bread for sarnies?

• Options

Guys, need to drop out of the meal Friday night. Wifey has a social planned with the chattering classes (other mothers in the village) so I'm on babysitting duty. Still see you all bright and breezy on Saturday morning though? What time at yours Q?

• Options

evening all image

Al has to work late on Friday, so he can't make the pub, but will be sure to catch up with everyone Saturday night and Sunday. I'll be there thoughimage

• Options
    Getting very excited, finally remembered to dig out my Tri suit and it fits, no turning backimage
  • Options
    Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Hi All ... Lea, yes its the place you stayed at last year image

SA will put up race instructions in a day or so.

So looking forward to doing this crazy event again image

• Options

It's not great Mrs SA!!  I don't know if the physio has made it better or worse tbh!!  At this rate Nice is looking a bit dodgy too.  image

• Options

Oh dear Siggy, you mean I am trying to kill myself to get back up to being able to seriously hurt you on a bike ride in prep for IMF and it will all be wasted? I risked life and limb up that 10% er last week (which actually really hurt) and you are gong to wimp out on me?

Seriously mate, do what you need to do.

I'd like to get pie in the sky and hope for the DIY HIM next year. Who knows! 

• Options
    Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Siggy ...... i feel for you.  I suffer too with my back.  A scan revealed a few years back that i have dehydrated discs and i have frequent sciatic flare ups.  I have seen an Osteopath, Physio and Sports Rehab.  I have yet to complete our DIY!!!   Last year my back went into spasms on the run course and the year before i was training as part of the Relay team for the Outlaw (i did the swim and bike).  Couldn't run due to my back problem.

So i am blimmin determined to complete the whole lot .... even if i have to crawl round the run course .... especially as this is the last DIY image  (famous last words!)    Seriously though, rest well and hope you heal soon.

• Options

heal  well all.......

looking forward to this......image

• Options

I'm deeply sorry I will not be able to attend this year. I seem to have forgot that my better half in on a hen do. I consider myself reminded.

• Options
    Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Oh thats a shame TB image   And its our last one too image

• Options

Really sorry I'm not going to be able to get over to marshal

Hope everyone has a great day

• Options

OK - Race instructions.  These instructions are the same for both Saturday and Sunday.  You will need to be at my house for 8.30 for pre-event cups of tea. image.  Please make sure you are there no later than 9.00 for final briefing. 

7 Chiltern Avenue

Macclesfield

Cheshire   SK11 8LP

My mobile is 07791 993632

Whilst here please set up your stuff for T2.  Anything you need handed to you on the bike or run course, please make these known here.   You will be issued a bag and you need to put everything for T1 in this bag.  This will then be transported to T1.  Please include a pair of flip-flops or other such footwear for the short walk from the swimming pool exit to T1.

At 9.15/9.30 we will have a gentle cycle (1 mile) to the swim start where you will be able to lay out T1.  (T1 will be manned at all times),

• Options

You will have to swim 76 lengths.  It is your responsibility to count your own lengths.  Upon finishing the swim, you will head out of the rear of the Leisure Centre and enter T1.  If anyone wants a complete change of clothing, please do this before leaving the Leisure Centre.  Anything left in T1 will be gathered and can be collected at our house at the end of the event.

You are then onto the cycle course.  There is a 1 mile route to the start of the laps.  This will be signposted and hopefully marshalled.

You need to complete 12 laps of the cycle course.  We are hoping to have marshalls at certain points of the course, but they will only be there for your first lap of the bike course.

• Options

There is 1 bike feed station which you will pass 12 times.  This will have water bottles (750ml). We have Hi 5 (4-1) and Lucozade Gels available. If you need anything else, please sure you hand these in, clearly labelled when you first arrive at my house.

Bike route:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5890340

Upon completion of your 12th lap you will follow the signs that take you to T1 (my house).  There will be changing available there for anyone that wants a complete change

There are 2 feed stations on each lap of the run course.  (One is the same place as the bike feed station and the other is at my house).  Please leave anything you require for the run either at my house or hand it in at registration for transporting to the feed station.  There will be water and flat coke available in small bottles.  We will also have jelly babies and painkillers!!!

Run route

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5890346

image Finish and collect your T-shirt.  Then relax and enjoy a cup of tea/coffee and sausage/bacon butties! image

• Options

Looking forward to it!

• Options

Sounds like you got everything covered SA

hope you all get good weather and enjoy it

wish I was doing it now

• Options
    Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Crooky-BWFC .... feel free to join us image   The more the merrier!

• Options
    Mrs SA wrote (see)

Crooky-BWFC .... feel free to join us image   The more the merrier!

I would love to but sat mornings I run an under 14 football team and on this Sunday I have signed up for a duathlon

but it will defo be in my plans for next year 

• Options
    Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

This will be our last one! image 

• Options

Weather looking OK dry but a bit windy both days, good training for Lanza then

• Options
    Mrs SA wrote (see)

This will be our last one! image 

Been thinking about this, as I am not going long next year I should have a bit more time put aside for things like this, lets see how this year goes first

• Options

Not going long next year?! What about the pirate outing to Austria? Or is that Jo's?image