Options

Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

RR - That sounds mighty painful image RE: Berlin Not really. I'm a little 'scared'of it if i'm honest after this year.... plus i'm not sure who'd be going. It'd also use up one of my weekends in September again.

Kirsten - thanks for that app info. I may have to give that a go... I hate intervals.

Another 5 glorious miles with pooch this morning. It felt a little warmer this morning but still saw a beautiful sunrise over the fields.

• Options

Hi everyone.  Ooh, learned a new latin word that suggests PITA today: Obturator Internus. Looked at my anatomy poster and this is where I have pain. It's a very weird place to try and reach. Think I need to sit on a tennis ball or something like that. Wish I knew how I hurt it.

• Options

Did my rotator cuff in putting my computer on the back seat of the car, never been right since. Fell off a kerb whilst jogging home in the dark - adductor is not good today - some rest coming my way I thinkimage Vale Of Clwyd half is a week on Sunday too.

• Options

I fell out of a car a 30 mph once.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    James B 73 wrote (see)

I fell out of a car a 30 mph once.

I fell out of a car when I was younger and my mum ran over my foot... image

• Options

In the days before child locks. I was three. Going on our summer jollies to the Mid Wales coast. I was snoozing. Door opened. Fell out. My memory is rolloing down the road. Car behind stopping. Then running after my parent's car thinking they were going without me.

I also broke my leg during a trial for the red team in Manchester when I was 14. oooh that hurt.

Then with what happened in the summer, it's fair to say I am lucky to be here.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Ouch James. How did you break your leg?

You're very lucky to be here and were lucky that you had your angels watching over you. How are you feeling now?

So... what's everyone got planned for this weekend?

• Options

Feeling good Emmy.

Late tackle. Got clattered.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

image We've got about 2 weeks to clear the injury bench before the 18-week-plans-stressfest starts.

Hello, again, Matt. 'Nobody here but us chickens...

• Options

This weekend I'm writing school reports. Need to find polite ways to say "academically challenged" or "must stop swearing at the teacher"!

anybody had any good phrases on their own report from school? I had a woodwork teacher who gave me" C+  Slow beyond belief" he didn't realise we were all scared of the saw so we just filed through it instead! Probably was slow! 

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Charlie - Here's some from teacher friends of mine that they've used in their reports.

• Pupil shows promise if only they'd apply themselves to the subject at hand
    • Pupil would perform better if they turned up to the class
    • I was disappointed in XX behaviour and general attitude this term. They have proven previously that they were gifted in this subject yet now will be lucky to pass with a satisfactory grade
    • Pupil shows great effort and willingness to learn
    • If this pupil took as much notice of the teacher as they do their friends; they'd excel
  • Options

After a horrendous day at work where I could hardly stay on my feet due to the wind(and that was carryng the extra 15kg) I had the strange desire to go running this afternoon! 100% effort no speed but a very good workout indeed!image 

• Options

I never have a desire to go running after work - it's always a fight to get myself out there. Which is what I still have to do today.

• Options

Yeah, I'm not great at getting out after work...but did get out today for my first post beachy run today image was horribly slow but damn I've missed those endorphins!

Roll on park run tomorrow. It'll be VERY slow but will give me heaps of room for improvementimage

• Options

I've seen some really funny ones over the years. How about, "X relies heavily on his natural ability. Unfortunately he substantially over estimates his natural ability"

Nice comments there Emmy, can't you just hear what the teacher really wanted to say!

• Options

Good luck to Jimbob and Pottermoss heading for Valencia this morning, and anyone else hitting the roads this weekend.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Good luck Jimbob and Pottermoss! We want castanettes, fans  and one of those donkeys...And sangria. And photos of the bling.image  

• Options

And a pic of Pottermoss peeing on something inappropriate....

• Options
    I'll try to get all that in one photo.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Good luck Jimbob and pottermouse! Have a great run!

• Options
    ATM wrote (see)

Good luck Jimbob and Pottermoss! We want castanettes, fans  and one of those donkeys...And sangria. And photos of the bling.image  

And PBs. Good luck in Spain. And to Emmy and TP as well.

• Options

The photo - could we have TJB riding the donkey while playing the castanets in his teeth, with Pottermoss peeing into an empty sangria bottle while fanning himself down? ( But who would take such a photo?)

Good luck guys.

And good luck Emmy and TP.

• Options

Good Luck everyone out there this weekend! 

• Options

And good luck UisageJo in Freserburgh. Hope the wind drops a bit...

• Options

Good luck boys....not getting arrested for donkey peeing. Oh and for that little run you're doingimage

Parkrun cherry is popped.  27:30ish, not bad but not great. I will return. If my knee recovers from the shock of so much speed. :S

• Options

Well done RS. Hope the knee is ok.

Just ran 10k through the woods, and lovely it was too. 13 degrees! More like a Scottish summer day. Club Duathlon tomorrow - run-cycle-run. Looking forward to not having to swim!

• Options

Scottish summer day Simon........I think I need to move. We have now got the torrential rain with the gales. So glad I got my 10 miles done dry.

Tomorrows XC is likely to be cancelled for the third time! 

• Options
    Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭

Best of luck to TJB and Pottrmoss. And of course to everyone else who is running this wekend even if it is only for fun.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Saturday night round-up... 'Like you would be reading this, if you had a life...

A few of us have ' decided', 2 weeks off the 2nd December/18 week Paris Training Programme...whichever one we choose...to have a go at improving our diet...i.e. From Monday...yes, this Monday...NO 'added sugar'. We look at everything we eat and exclude...rubbish.

Err..No chocolate, no cakes/biscuits no booze, no fizzy drinks...No 'artificial sweeteners', either..

Basically, sackcloth and ashes...

Anyone  else up for two weeks of misery? We need company....