Options

Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options

Weedy- Can't afford to take London easy if I'm to beat Mo...I'm hoping he'll record a DNF again so I can say I raced him and won. 

Raced Paula Radcliffe in GNR in 2007. She beat me...but they gave her a head start. 

• Options

RunngRaRa - mine is a time Away from work challenge.  A week in London in November, then a week for the Dopey challenge in January, then Paris/ London so that's another 10 days, then 2 weeks in June fr Comrades Ultra.  All this from the US too.  

• Options

Preferential

-

Red/Rouge
    3169 The Jimbob
    3537 Lorry Dodger

Yellow/Jaune
    8073 Clean Leeds Rob
    8144 Chownsie
    8493 Mr RaRa
    8890 CiaronG

Blue/Bleu
    10802 Simon MacPerky
    14377 Kaz1
    14665 Racing Jules
    16332 Ward6
    17406 Reading Hatter

Purple/Violette
    26005 Stewart
    26086 Emmy H
    26090 Whaqatac
    26097 Suzy Martines
    26113 yer_maj
    26220 ATM
    26278 Helterskelter
    26347 Orbutt
    26696 Eggyh73
    27359 Manfred
    27496 Keyser Suze
    27535 Lawyeraaron
    28274 PC
    31247 Luke Wordsworth

Green/Vert
    38002 Zeenawarrior
    38246 Wordslinger
    38273 SweatySock
    38340 Emma Goldhawk 2
    38436 Brix
    38959 Steve Hawtin
    39040 Running RaRa
    40429 NGUG
    40742 Scott the Walker

Grey/Grise
    51228 Odie85
    51229 TartanPimpernel
    51317 Defender Ken
    51367 Defender Jo
    51492 Defender Jo
    51631 thisisnatty
    52142 Dannirr
    52163 BRF
    52193 Marathon Maus
    53233 Benignmummering

Pink/Rose
    58102 Kirsten Lancs Lass
    58106 SmellyMelly
    58270 Classicaldiva
    58329 Harry P
    58339 Ogechi Ughaonu
    58922 DV
    60424 JonnyDisco

Cheerleaders/Flag Wavers
    RR
    TD

• Options

List is updated...  please check that your details are correct.  Anyone missing who would like to be added, or any corrections necessary please say.   I've added both Defender Jo places..  can delete the incorrect one when a decision is made.

• Options

Gosh, Danni..  that's a lot of time away... 

Music..   this is interesting.   I always used to run and train with music.  Then, I was about 30 seconds (literally) from starting the A2A and was adjusting my in-ear cables and I was told I wasn't allowed to use them.  So.. I had to remove them and 30 seconds later I started the 87 mile run down to Dover.  Psychologically this was a bit of stress that I didn't need at that precise moment.  Since then, I very rarely run with music.  I do occasionally, but its quite rare now.  I think, for me, it was just a habit but it isn't actually necessary.  When I use them now, its really just because I fancy listening to a particular album or the radio at that time..  I don't think it makes any difference whether I do or don't.

Mrs DV has gone out for a big bike ride...  when she gets back I'll go out and do some hill reps with my tyre...  

• Options

DV - I am in yellow (more in hope than expectation)

• Options

Preferential

-

Red/Rouge
    3169 The Jimbob
    3537 Lorry Dodger

Yellow/Jaune
    8073 Clean Leeds Rob
    8144 Chownsie
    8493 Mr RaRa
    8890 CiaronG
    10802 Simon MacPerky

Blue/Bleu
    14377 Kaz1
    14665 Racing Jules
    16332 Ward6
    17406 Reading Hatter

Purple/Violette
    26005 Stewart
    26086 Emmy H
    26090 Whaqatac
    26097 Suzy Martines
    26113 yer_maj
    26220 ATM
    26278 Helterskelter
    26347 Orbutt
    26696 Eggyh73
    27359 Manfred
    27496 Keyser Suze
    27535 Lawyeraaron
    28274 PC
    31247 Luke Wordsworth

Green/Vert
    38002 Zeenawarrior
    38246 Wordslinger
    38273 SweatySock
    38340 Emma Goldhawk 2
    38436 Brix
    38959 Steve Hawtin
    39040 Running RaRa
    40429 NGUG
    40742 Scott the Walker

Grey/Grise
    51228 Odie85
    51229 TartanPimpernel
    51317 Defender Ken
    51367 Defender Jo
    51492 Defender Jo
    51631 thisisnatty
    52142 Dannirr
    52163 BRF
    52193 Marathon Maus
    53233 Benignmummering

Pink/Rose
    58102 Kirsten Lancs Lass
    58106 SmellyMelly
    58270 Classicaldiva
    58329 Harry P
    58339 Ogechi Ughaonu
    58922 DV
    60424 JonnyDisco

Cheerleaders/Flag Wavers
    RR
    TD

• Options

Those of you who have been here for a few years may remember Red Panda.  She has just had her second baby..  a boy.   He comes only 10 months after her first baby...!  image    She looks great in the photos and they are all doing well.

• Options

Thanks Dark Vader, great job - will let you know when they allocate Jo's correct number.

Good luck to Berlin'ers!

• Options

Hi I haven't been on the forum in ages, but after missing out on London, had a crazy moment and have booked Paris I do not even have a passport yet!! and have a lot of training to do. Hoping seeing you guys hitting the miles will inspire me to get out the front door.!

Any tips gratefully received.

• Options

My race number is 19617 aiming for sub 3hr 30m

• Options

Hi TrevO - sorry to hear that. We're here if you need to chat. Peter O (any relation?) welcome back. Plenty of time for training, and passports.

First run since Sunday for me this morning. A very gentle 6k, and I definitely felt it. Recovery from a hilly 36 miles is going to take longer than from a road marathon. So the trail half next weekend is clearly going to be done at sightseeing pace.

• Options
    Anyone else with experience of combining with Disneyland Paris, just booked 2-9 April and entered Marathon de Paris?
  • Options
    Btw I'm in Bleu
  • Options

Hi Peter, Andy, this your first time for Paris?

Andy - I think Kaz did Disneyland last year.

RR -  you've earned the right to go at a sightseeing pace next weekend.

RaRa - Chances are good. He's DNFed in every marathon he's taken part in image

Okay here goes... good luck tomorrow to, deep breath...
    Emmy, Iain, Jimbob, Kaz, CLR, Orbutt, RS and Suzy M in Berlin - lots of silliness and childishness from you all please. Oh, and pictures of aforementioned silliness and childishness please.
    Wordslinger in Cardiff, Odie in Ealing, BM in Forest of Dean, Simon in Inverness and ATM and TP in Paris.
    And, of course, anyone I've forgotten

• Options

Watching the kids racing cross country today made me itchy...haven't done any xc since I was at primary school. Thinking I'm going to incorporate some into my training and shake things up a bit. Training for 3rd marathon (plus the wall) has become a bit formulaic..same routes for each increase in distance etc.. 

• Options

17 miles today, furthest yet, hard towards the end but I do enjoy the LSRs.  Took in Blackpool zoo as well as some less savoury areas before reaching the prom and heading home via the beach.  Lovely day for it.

5k race next Sunday, Lytham Hall 5k.  This time last year that was my first organised run and I was so proud to be going so far!  My hubby is determined to beat me, he can't run beyond 5k without knee agony.  So will be trying quite hard!

• Options

Thanx.

Good day here - Breakfast run was awesome, running into the olympic stadium through the tunnel! Then Naomi did her run this afternoon. She was a bit gutted when she thought she'd taken 34 mins until we explained that was the time from when the first wave started, and she was really well back in the second wave! image

Early night here......

• Options

My goodness tomorrow's a busy day round these parts! Good luck everyone! 

Hello to everyone new to Paris too, you'll find some good advice on this thread but mainly the most random chat you could think of, very little of it about actualised running but all of it entertaining.

• Options

kirsten - well done, I'm sure the achievement of those 17 miles feels great. 

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Good luck to weedy in nottingham image

• Options

Hi all, I've been a bit thread-negligent - how'd you guys get to 100+ pages already??

Good luck to everyone running today, be it Berlin or elsewhere. Can't wait to see the photos! I'm off to enn zid tonight, but thinking about getting some new runners before I go - I'm still kicking around in the pair I wore in Paris, such is the shitfully low amount of kms I've done since getting home. But! Feet are pretty much 100% again so that's all going to change when I move to Auck!

Now, how many pages to go back and read...

• Options

10 pages done, go me!

Welcome newbies! This is def the best place for advice & sanity going round. 

Good luck EVERYONE on your super running Sunday!

• Options
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Ooh... this is early...image must have something to do today...

• Options
    JusT - welcome back and good luck in Auckland , if you've read the last ten pages , you'll know it's the same nonsense we've been speaking for the last few years with the occasional bit of good advice thrown in ,,nothing changes image

Emmy - if it's the weekend it means your doing at least one marathon !!

Weedy - good luck with the run in Nottingham as well

ATM and TP - have fun in the Paris to Versailles run and no stopping to sign autographs

Any newcomers - welcome

It's way past kaz o'clock but I'm still not getting up out of bed for a run , maybe later !!
  • Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

Welcome Andy - I did both this year without any problems. Catching the train out to Disney was easy so would recommend staying in a place close to the marathon start line. 

Has Jimbob not finished Berlin yet! Must be getting slow.

Good luck to all racing today. 

• Options

Couple of hours into Berlin marathon and these are the runner's predicted finish times according to current running:

The Jimbob - 3:14

Chownsie - 3:15

Leeds Rob - 3:47

Kaz O'Clock News - 3:50

Emmy - 3:55

Orbutt - 4:04
    Suzy Martines - 4:10
    Dr.Iain Moore - 4:27
    Radar Sal - 4:11

All I can say is they are going to have to get a hurry on if they are going to break the men's world record which went a little earlier at 2:03:26 - basically, Jimbob is going to have to run so fast that the earth in fact turns backwards. But if Superman could do something like that, then why not Jimbob?

• Options

Some outstanding running going on in Berlin today, but I'll leave it to the runners to post their reports. And can't wait to hear the results from races that we can't cyberstalk image.

• Options

A big barrier broken for one of our experienced runners there. Big congrats image