Options

Diet

Again, apologies if this in the wrong place

I am training for the London Marathon and while I am not overweight I could do with losing a little round the middle

I just wonder if I should follow a specific diet, i am already eating pasta/potatos the day before a run, or will the weight naturally drop off

I have stopped drinking alcohol until I have finished the marathon (then i intend to celebrate) and rarely eat sweets/chocolate

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    A decent balanced diet should see you through ok. After a few weeks of consistent training you should start to lose a couple of pounds.

I don't think I could go without Beer for that long though. I even had a couple of pints on the night before London this year.
  • Options

Simple really just eat a balanced diet and eat a little bit less than you burn eat day. I found my fitness pal really useful. You can down load the app to a smart phone or use it online. Just be aware that people upload data which many not always be accurate. I really wanted to believe that a bottle of red wine has 250 caloriesimage

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

You could just move your carb intake to earlier in the day (breakfast/ lunch) and try doing some of your training at least 3-4 hours after eating. This will ensure the carbs you eat will be used and not converted to fat stores (as they ofen are when eaten late in the day), and will help the body get used to more readily accessing fat as fuelwhich will help postpone or even prevent hitting "the wall" come race day.