Options

Saturday 6th December

Wise words.

Morning all.

Today I shall be mostly expectorating in the hope that the gunk in my lungs will be gone in time for the Nene Valley 10.

Enjoy your Saturdays, folks.

Comments

• Options
    Morning all

What: 6 miles easy am, short run with strides pm

Why: easy day before xc tomorrow

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: 8 days.
  • Options
    sven27sven27 ✭✭✭
    Good morning!

What: 5 mile run am.
    9 mile fartlek midday.

Why: late shift at work, trying to get 100 miles running this week.

Last hard: Thursday

Last rest: 9 days ago
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning!

What:rest, well if you can call it that when you go xmas shopping!
    why:Montecute 10 miles multi terrain tomorrow-can't wait! It's a toughy, but so enjoyable and the one that can make all the difference to where I finish in the club championship!
    last hard:Wed
    last rest:today

Have a good day everyone and good luck all weekend racers, especially the marathoners!
  • Options
    Morning!!

What rest day and snap I am off christmas shopping as well!!!

Why 10k reindeer run through |margam park tomorrow-can't wait ..hoping to beat training partner!!!

Last hard Friday

Good luck tomorrow Hilly and everyone running races this weekend!!!

Have a good one out there today!!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    4 miles steady already done then off to work.

Have a good weekend all, best of luck to all racers.
  • Options
    Morning peeps

What: an hours run a la base training

Hilly you are immensley brave christmas shopping on a saturday too, best of luck
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Don't have much choice Pammie as like many I work through the week. But earlier in the day the better!

Anyway, I really LOVE to shop :o)

Enjoy your shopping too WP and good luck tomorrow!

Best go now or I'll never get out!

C U LATER!

• Options
    what: rest
    why: first Xmas dinner at lunchtime (& planned rest)

Sensibly avoiding Turkey so early in the season, hopefully can keep it to below 3 Turkey meals this year

Roll on January and sensible eating once more!

:o)

Good luck racers & happy training/rest everyone else.

Andy

• Options
    5.4 miles
    3 laps involving THAT hill at the back of the hospital
    base training it wasnt, i felt sick!
  • Options
    Morning All,

Beautiful, sunny day here in Notts.

What: 6-7M v.easy round Wolly Pk.
    Why: It's too nice not to
    Last hard run: Tuesday
    Last rest day: Friday

Enjoy ;-)
  • Options
    Morning everyone,

Sunny one here as well, and a few less puddles on the canal bank than usual.

What: done 6m easy
    Why: bit of a headcold today, so taking things a bit easy
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: yesterday

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Does going to Decathlon to buy discount energy bars count as training? No?

Well I'll just have to do another slow 6 miles this afternoon, then. Getting a bit bored with my usual routes, though. Must get the map out and find some variations, as I'll end up falling asleep as I run, otherwise.

• Options
    Morning All

What: 6 miles am, 10 miles pm
    why: mileage building

Hilly good luck in your deciding race tomorrow

have a good day everybody
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

Thanks for the advice Mike regarding warming up for short races. I tend to do about 10-15 mins jogging and then stretching before the 3ks. Will try the strides next time.

Today I did 3 miles easy, 3 miles steady and then 1.5 easy.

Last Hard: yesterday.

Last Rest: Monday.

Good luck to all racers this weekend maybe cold but sunny.

LynneW hope you find your new route.
  • Options
    Swerve, hope your fit for your race.

Hilly, all the best for tomorrow - enjoy it!

What: 3 rather sullen miles. Grey skies, cold headwind that seemed to follow me round. I had walked a couple of miles beforehand, enough to realize it was not going to be lovely or anything like, but I wanted to get flexible enough to try some new stretches I'd been shown. That means run.

I have simply got to sort out the headache/stiff neck. It's a pest trying to run with it, because it mucks up vision. See what the physio can do I guess. Running out of ideas.
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

What: 6 miles very easy with Mrs TT
    Why: tapering
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Wednesday

Luton marathon tomorrow. After months of 'weight loss and aerobic base building' it comes down to 165 minutes of running (or hopefully a bit less). I am still about a stone heavier than I wanted to be, but recent races have been encouraging. Hopefully it will come together on the day. Its gonna hurt though...

Good luck everyone else racing this weekend.
  • Options
    Afternoon

1 hours base training done about 5½ miles.

Good luck tomorrow TT (and all other racers)
    I have lost 8½lb (nothing like TT standards) and am feeling a slight improvement, or is it the base training, or the consistency, or maybe just maybe it is a mixture of all three

Anyhow have a nice weekend, tomorrow will try attempt 7½ miles or maybe 8 longest run since 1989 (gulp).
  • Options
    afternoon all

bit fresher here - courtesy of a chilly easterly breeze

Good luck 2T - looking forward to reading about it.

Well battled round Stickless and Hippo

what: nothing
    why: would only have been a few (very few) easy miles anyway, but in step back week....

last hard day: HR says yesterday was hard - wasn't meant to be
    last rest day: Thu

Normal service resumes tomorrow....
  • Options
    Afternoon all.

What: Sunday's long run, brought forward a day. 2hours 15 min, no idea how far as the GPS batteries ran out after 6 miles! Average HR 124 - lowest I've managed on a long run so far.

Why: Pacing Mrs 70mins to a pb at the Wyvern 10K tomorrow

Last Hard: Wednesday

Last Rest: Thursday

Annoyed about the batteries as I made up a new route today & it was a good one, will have to do it again soon to measure how far it is.

Enjoy your races tomorrow.
  • Options
    Afternoon all:

What: 2 or 3 miles jogging watching the London Business Houses cross country champs with some strides at the end.

Why: Marathon tomrrow. I had hoped to do the LBH but the dates clashed with Luton being the only marathon option.

Last Hard: Tuesday

Last Rest: Thursday
  • Options
    Hi,

Good luck with your 3 K Jane (rather you than me) and your multi terrain race Hilly.

BR, just spotted you in this month's RW, congrats, you look like the athlete you are, but why didn't you take your shades off??

Good luck in Luton TT.

What: steeled myself for hardest session of the year - into town with wad of cash and completed all my xmas shopping in the record time of 2 hrs. That's surely a PB worthy of a trophy. (good luck with yours Hilly!) Now I won't have to set foot in a shopping centre 'til January, yippee.
    Why: done nothing re xmas until today.

Off for sanity restoring 4.5 miler later, 10 k race tomorrow, first race since August.
    Last hard: Thurs night 8 miler in Dewsbury, Mike S, that was this week's Helsby session.
    Last rest: yesterday.

Bye for now.
  • Options
    Have a good one tomorrow TT. You've put the work in, now go and get the payoff.

Good luck MikeB and all other racers.
  • Options
    Good luck with your marathon too MikeB. Time prediction?
  • Options
    I did the same 3K as Jane M yesterday and beat my PB from last season by a minute (11.26 from 12.26). Probably the best I have ever run. As a result my hamstring is a bit tight today so I've just had a very gentle 2 mile jog and a short swim to recover.

I'm not really training for anything at the moment as I'm waiting till the New Year to start the serious mileage build up towards my next marathon.

I'll probably run 10-12 miles early tomorrow as I like to keep a Half Marathon base fitness level these days.
  • Options
    70 minutes, cant you use map 24 for measuring your route, or is it off road
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya,
    Christmas shopping all done, wrapping all done - good job Mrs D is highly organised!!!

What : 5 miles easy with some 100m strides
    Why : Tadley 5.3m muddy xc tomorrow

Good luck all weekend racers look forward to reading about the endeavours tomorrow!

• Options
    Afternoon all,

What: 5.5m steady (60% of whr)
    Why: BT
    Last rest: 17 days
    Last hard: 35 days
    7 day cumulative: 41m

Excellent, that run was done at an average of 138 bpm and for the first time in this BT my pace hit 7:15 per mile.

Roll on tomorrow morning in Richmond Park.

Have a good day all and good luck to all those racing this weekend.

• Options
    Cheers Laura. The photo was at the end of FLM 2003, when the last thing on my mind was posing for a photograph!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    So the saying "behind every organised man is a better organised women" is true then Dustin! :o)

Stickless-wish you well in getting rid of your head/neckache. It must be very uncomfortable. Well done on your run!

Laura-I was in town 41/2 hrs and I've just about got all my presents except one or two, so another trip in needed :o)

Good luck MikeB and TT tomorrow! What is the weather forecast for Luton?
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    In most of my running photo's I've either got shades on my face or head!