Options

Thursday 11th December

Can't sleep so it looks like I'm first to post today.......

What: Easy 5-6 at lunchtime
Why: Test out how the niggles are feeling after last nights session.
Last rest: Tues
Last hard: 10.5 mile club run last night.

Back to bed now I think!

Comments

• Options
    why dont you run at 4am?
    seeing as you are up
  • Options
    Morning

Legs still with me after yesterday's efforts

Will do a nice steady one today - 1 hour if i have the energy

Have a good day one and all
  • Options
    Morning

Thanks Mike yes ITB is very recent it has happened three times in 6 weeks!!

Hilly-Yep It was naughty but my Training partner would make me stop, and he would run back and get car for me!!I really did not want that to happen-stubborn yes I think so!!

So today is resting it feels a lot better I can get up and down stairs without pain but will do stretching for 20 minutes with more cold/hot/cold shower on legs

Hope everyone is well and niggle free and enjoy a run out there!!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Morning Everyone,

Hmmm.....don't think I can quite make out today's lyrics!

What: 4.9miles @ 70%WHR took 42 mins.
    Why: Get into the habit of early morning running, BT and to build weekly mileage.
    Last rest: 5 days ago.
    MPW from Monday: 19.5 miles

Wet & windy today (the weather I mean) and that this is my last run for the week until Sunday I decided to run a bit faster. Good job too because its absolutely pouring out there in S. Essex.

Have a good one!
  • Options
    Morning all.

Totally tipping down here in London, just got in from work, and about to endure my weights session.

What: Total body workout with weights, core stability, stretching and if not to tired by then a small run 3 mile.

Then evening a nice easy 5 miles.

Why: New programme

Last Hard: Yesterday laps session

Last Rest: Saturday

Recover those will aches and pains.
  • Options
    4.4 miles
    just dirzzling here, very wet now though
  • Options
    morning all,

a wet one here in Leeds too.

what : squash tonight
    why : summat different
    last hard : tues
    last rest : weds

got the feelings of another cold on the way, headache and a few sniffles. bugger. hope i'm wrong.
  • Options
    Morning!

Haven't tested new shoes yet, it's absolutely soaking, and I don't want to get them wet on their first outing! Cross fingers the rain moves up north ;-)

What now: gym session at 9, 8m this afternoon.

Enjoy your day at WORK, everyone! :-D
  • Options
    -10 out there at the moment - lovely, should be a good day! There is SO much snow. We were able to snowboard on the bank behind our apartment last night - built some jumps too. Provided our neighbours with some entertainment, anyway.

What: Run to pool and 1000 metres swim. Inspired by Laura, might try hill reps later, if I can find a suitable hill in the snow.
    Why: Too much sloe gin last night and need to clear my head
    Lasst hard: only a 5 miler, but yesterday´s blizzard run was tough!
    Last rest: Saturday

Oooh - lyrics....easy peasy today. They did about four absolutely terrible albums, then the lead singer broke up with his girlfriend, meanwhile the group was falling apart and consequently they released this absolute stonker of an album. One of my favourites, if a tad depressing.

• Options
    Club run tonight - usually 5-7 miles at my threshold pace - I just know it's doing me good.

• Options
    Morning all.

Thanks for yesterday's advice.

MikeS - thanks for the splits. I had planned to print off the wristband for a 2:30 marathon from marathonguide.com and wear that on the day.

Mark, my tactics are usually different - I try to negative split so I'll watch you race up ahead.

Today...

What: 6 miles easy

Why: tapering

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: Tuesday.
  • Options
    morning (again)

bloody ankle niggling me again so scrapped any plans to run today. can't say i was that tempted in this weather anyway!

Hippo: i don't think i'll even justify that with an answer ;-0

Lizzy: well done on the lyrics- didn't think it'd be too long before someone got that one! Sums up how I felt after last nights sessions tho :o) Can't say I agree about the 4 terrible albums tho!!!

• Options
    Morning all,

Tipping it down in Hertfordshire...

No idea about the lyrics...far too old...

Anyway, I hope all the niggles and injuries clear up soon.

What: Probably another 6.45 miles ( I need to find another route - this is getting boring)

Why: Want to see if yesterdays dodgy time can be improved...still bunker building

Last rest: 11 days!!!

Have a good day all...
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: 1.5k swim in 30 mins, followed by 10 mins water running in the hot spa.
    Why: Step back week
    7 days cumulative mileage: 31

I couldn't face the treadmill for a short run today, so returned to the pool after a 3 month absence.

Glad I did. Very therapeutic, I feel like I've had a massage.

A great bi-product of training for a tri, learning to swim properly and economically!

Have a good day all.

• Options
    Hi all.

What - just a lot of walking (in the rain!). What with the Christmas lodger (furry four footed version) arriving last night and needing her morning outing, and having to get from here to there somehow, about 5 miles. Don't dare run as orchestra concert this evening, need enough energy for that (Tchikowsky Romeo and Juliet, Brahms 4 aaack help!!)

• Options
    BR, at the risk of removing all doubt from the minds of the forumites that I'm a complete anorak I'll list my splits from last years Turkey Trot, which I ran at a very even effort, so you can see where the hills are. Conditions last year were dry and a little breezy, wind out of the East / N.East which we we ran into during mile 10 (see course map here).

Splits went like this:
    6:11 - 1M
    6:10 - 2M
    6:30 - 3M
    6:31 - 4M
    6:25 - 5M (5M split 31:47)
    6:17 - 6M
    6:14 - 7M
    6:10 - 8M
    6:16 - 9M
    6:05 - 10M (5M split 31:07)
    6:13 - 11M
    6:18 - 12M
    5:57 - 13M
    0:33 - 13.1M

So you can see the uphills are in the 3-5M section and the belting downhill you get in the final mile, apart from the last 400-800m undulating section through the housing estate.

My plan is to aim to drop 10sec/mile from these splits, go through 5M in ~31min, 10M in ~61:15 (5M split ~30:20) and then go hell for leather in the last 5K if I've got anything left at all. If, and this is a big if, all goes according to plan, should get home on the right side of 80mins. However, a lot depends on the weather on this course as it is quite 'exposed', but with good conditions I think it can be a fast race.

So if you're looking to go sub-75 min you might want to aim to go through 5M in ~29min
    and 10M in ~57min (5M split ~28min), if you then close out the race with a final 5K around 5:40 min/mile pace, you'll be golden ;-) - you might want to check my math!

What: 6-8M easy with a half dozen 100-150m strides.
    Why: Tapering for Sunday but want to stretch the legs out a bit.
    Last hard run: Tuesday before last.
    Last rest day: Wednesday
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: nothing :-(
    Why: been ill for the last few day's, just starting to feel a bit more normal. It's really taken a lot out of me & have hardly eaten anything.
    Maybe a walk latter & hope to run at the weekend!

• Options
    Take it easy Big Tim. Get better soon.
  • Options
    Morning all

Good wishes BT for recovery, very frustrating for you.

What : Plan calls for 9 miles steady, but I might do 6 or nothing
    Why : anxious over foot and need new running shoes (web ordered pair were unsatisfactory so sent back, now need to go to shop and research new brand)
    last hard : Tues intervals with club (coach set us off on 3 min ones but changed the last to 4 without telling - lactic soup..)
    last rest : weds

• Options
    Morning All

Lots of people recovering from ailments and colds - I hope everybody gets better soon

What: 4 miles am, 10 mile club run pm
    Why : thursday nights run

have a good day everybody
  • Options
    Greetings from the Mancunian murk. Have a good day off Snail & hope you recover soon BT, WP & NE.

What: 5.2 miles (51 mins, HR 147) this morning; strengthening/resistance session at lunchtime
    Why: just a nice steady (persevere!)

Looking forward to reading BR/MM's race report on Monday already!
  • Options
    Morning all,

Snail - if you're south of Lancashire then don't worry, the rain already has moved up north!

What: 5m easy done, club 3m handicap tonight
    Why: should give me some idea of what kind of shape I'm in at the moment
    Last hard: last Thursday
    Last rest: 6 days

Been getting some pain in my right quad for the last couple of days. It's affecting me more when I'm cycling than when I run. I have a cut-back week planned next week, which I think is going to be welcome. Just hope it holds up well enough for me to run a half-decent time tonight. Still, at least my sore throat seems to be going away now.

Have a good day all, especially those suffering.
  • Options
    Morning All,

Its a warm sunny day in Dubai, a bit too warm for a lunch time run as i have just found out.

What: 6 miles easy
    Why: It was too warm to run the planned tempo run.
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest; Yesterday

Left thigh still sore after 7 or 8 weeks, improves then worsens all on its own, doesn't seem to matter if its been a hard run or a easy week, the reaction varies.

Anyway happy running one and all, tomorrow being the local weekend is the annual around the creek relay except that about 30 of us forget the relay part and plod the 40K alone. No ddoubt it will be getting a little warm by the end around 1100 tomorrow.

• Options
    Thanks for the good wishes Erratic.

I was running in the "Mancunian murk" at weekend. I'd almost forgotten what real hills were like!

• Options
    Get well soon Tim, NE, WP.

MM, thanks for that. It really shows where the slower sections are. The last .1 mile looks good. I've known bits like that go on a while as they find a convenient finish area. 33 secs sound reasonable (330 secs for a mile, or 5:30 miling).

Thanks for the tip about exposure (you as well Popsider). Will try and get in a group for protection.

Question - why is it that December races fill up so quickly? Here we have had Leeds Abbey Dash and Percy Pud 10ks full every year, Bolsover 10k, Selby bypass 10k, Turkey Trot half.

Wouldn't have thought December was such a popular racing month.
  • Options
    morning all

Hope all the sniffly achy people soon get better.

what: club run tonight 4/5mile
    why: trying to get into the habit of club run twice a week
    last hard: sunday
    last rest: monday

• Options
    hello all

what: nothing tis a rest day
    why: feeling drained and don't wanna end up ill at crimbo if i can help it

Hopefully get out tomorrow and do a 9-10 mile lsd- its cold but dry so just need to dress well.

tiaxx
  • Options
    I know these lyrics and its driving me MAAAD!!

even worse I am fairly certain I own the album.

brain like a sieve!
  • Options
    CB in a PT:

*one of many zeros.....*

it was the guitarist that did it ;-)

• Options
    Morning all

Get better soon BT, I know what is it like not being able to run, have had three weeks of virtually nothing due mainly to a knee problem.

I think I have fixed the knee problem now through rest and buying a new pair of trainers (I worked out the last pair had done 625 Miles).

First run back last night with no problems (4 miles easy)

What: 4 Miles
    Why: Taking it easy

Last rest: Tuesday
    Last hard: Sunday Thanet 10 miler

Good luck all, with your training and planned races for this weekend.

Get better soon, all those with colds and injuries.