Options

Thursday 11th December

2»

Comments

• Options
    ahhh! Sussed the lyric.

Phew that was painful - i'll go and get some lunch now!
  • Options
    afternoon all

here's the plan

what: 4 x 2 miles (preferably in 12:40 or less) off 1/3rd mile jog recoveries - whole session (9 miles) preferably in 58:50 or less

why: Key ½ marathon speed session

last hard day: Tuesday
    last rest day: Monday

Normally do quality sessions like this on Friday - but for various reasons would be far more convenient to get it out of the way tonight.
    Only trouble is my legs still don't really feel like they've recovered from Tuesday.

To all the injured/ill - heal/recover soon.
  • Options
    Afternoon,
    Still nothing, slight chest/throat infection. Might try something tomorrow.
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    For God's sake someone - put us out of our misery on the lyrics!

What: 3 miles steady.
    Why: Third week of 3-week pre-marathon training programme (real 18-week schedule starts next week).
    Last hard: Nothing really hard at the moment - did 6 miles on Sunday which felt hard as it was early morning and on an empty stomach: both circumstances new to me for running, and I really struggled to keep it together. Felt like a lead weight!
    Last rest: Tuesday.

Wet and miserable here in London so probably in for a pleasant run tonight. At least it's a bit warmer though.
  • Options
    hehe.........

Blur: Coffee & TV

• Options
    Afternoon everyone:

What: 6 miles steady

Why: First slightly harder run since the marathon. Legs nearly back to normal.

Last Hard: Sunday marathon

Last Rest: Monday
  • Options
    5½ miles done in the drizzle

legs feel a bit tired , probably after yesterday's efforts but nothing too serious.
    No running tomorrow it's our christmas do so eating and drinking tomorrow night.
  • Options
    Hello everyone.

Well I haven't run since Sunday, but have had loads of frictions on the calf and feel quite good did a gym session this morning but cycling instead of running. I will run tonight and see how it is.

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon everyone,

get well wishes to all the sick and quick recovery wishes for injured!

Was going for a swim, but I've got the lurgy! It's not too bad, just a headache, sore throat and runny nose. Started taking Echinacea today so hopefully it will disappear as quick as it came.

Don't think swimming is a good idea though so will rest today and do something tomorrow.
  • Options
    WEll, did hill reps or I think they were more like 'slope reps' tonight - tried hill reps but there's so much snow it was like a scene out of Wacky Races - legs moving like billy-o but body going nowhere. So picked a more benign slope.

It's -12 out there and SO much snow. No sign of the ski slopes opening yet though - the snow always takes the management there by surprise!

Hope the lurgy goes away quickly Hilly, and take it easy tonight Monique (or let it know who's boss!

Get well soon everyone! There's a lot of lurgy around everywhere!
  • Options
    Evening

No post yesterday... what: rested as planned

Also - I got the job! Thanks for your luck everyone :o)

I will return it in good condition for BR to use on Sunday (for the good weather conditions, we know you can run the time!)

What: rest
    Why: by advice from dentist, colleagues and finally forum to not run after having wisdom tooth pulled earlier today.

Ah well. The Telly & maybe a medicinal short drink await my return from a chat with club.

G'night & hope injuries/sickness reported pick up soon.

Andy
  • Options
    Evening all,

BT, hilly and Monique hope you are all fully recovered soon.

BR - I think you've upset somebody important and he is got it in for you and will give you hurricane conditions on Sunday!!! Hopefully not! Or FLM will decide in a unilateral decision that all halves in UK count with exception of the one you are doing!

What: 10.5 km gentle

Why: Recovery run as planning 11 miles with 4 miles hard at tempo pace.

A book recommendation - running with the buffaloes about the Unversity of Colorado X-country team - a great read and would make good xmas pressie.

Simon
  • Options
    ah

ive obviously had the lurgy earlier on in the week
    thought it was a hangover, but it didnt go
  • Options
    Simon, you've become Mary!

Is that entering the Christmas Spirit??

Looks like I'l have someone to match step for step as Treadmill has blagged a place as well.
  • Options
    Had another look at the BBC website for 5 day forecast for Nottingham. The windspeed is

Thurs - 3mph
    Fri - 11mph
    Sat - 9mph
    Sun - 17mph!!
    Mon - 6mph

So the wind seems to be peaking nicely for it!!
  • Options
    yes - but the BBC don't have a great record for predicting when and where "hurricanes" are going to strike!
  • Options
    Ahh, so it could be a hurricane instead then!! :)
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Evenin all

What : Rest
    Why : Thursday, back to work after three days off, wife at Boxercise and them pesky kids are still not asleep....
    Last Hard : Tuesday
    Last Rest (before today) : a week ago.

• Options
    What: casual game of squash followed by 6 1/2 miles at normal training pace (156 bpm).
    Why: gradually increasing the weekly mileage. Currently at 25, hoping to get to 32 by end of this year.

Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Tuesday

Lovely evening. Rain finally cleared and quite fresh.
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Get well soon to the many who seem to be lurgied and injured.

Afternoon..6 miles including a session of 14 x 400m fast.

Evening.. 8 miles medium pace with the club.

I have a 10K and 5 mile race coming up in the next month so I thought I would start putting one quality session a week in amongst the base training.

BR..I saw Treadmill looking for a place earlier today in the events section, I take it he has got lucky?
  • Options
    I think so Wardi. He'll now go and pull out a 72 minutes!

(And win a Turkey)!
  • Options
    Evening all,

just back from a good club night. 3m handicap in 18:58 - I told myself before I'd be happy with anything under 20:00, and I lost a bit of time when I got stuck behind other runners on narrow stretches, so generally fairly pleased.

BR - in my experience, the BBC weather forecasters aren't aware of the existence of anywhere outside London, so they can be talking about storm conditions one day that won't hit anyone further north for another 24 hours. You might get lucky with it.
  • Options
    Evening All

just back from club run ran an out and back in negative splits of 3 minutes really pushing it back
  • Options
    Hi everyone - stay healthy !

Perfect conditions tonight - clear, mild, damp, windless

What : 10m undulating road run with those fine people from Les Croups

Why : relishing the combined awe of being uninjured and shock of 7 minute mileing (and still they talk !)

Last hard : Very Silly Tuesday. 5k's worth of intervals, hard wts session, then 5k on the Concept 2 (with which I will have a child one day...), then 5k canter on a threadmill watching some fantastic MTV video about parachuting babies and a rather novel ('navel' ?) landing site.

The manchild OFT has since kindly videod...
  • Options
    Hopefully have got an entry to the Turkey Trot.

Wardi, Mark,BR and especially JPVD, a huge thank-you. Hopefully Jean will get my e-mail and get the running no. to me in time! BR seen your post. Lets just hope. And I wish I could stay with you. Still we never believe the weathermen do we, (Mr Fish please note)
    MM your post is useful for me too. Ta.

Dubai Dave: I envy you the warm weather!

BR: Thought about shielding behind you. Trouble is I'd have to be close to you not needing binoculars.

Long legs: Can I have your running shoes when youv'e finished with them. I'm sure I can get a few more miles out of them!!

Another thank-you all concerned. Maybe we should start a new thread for race numbers going begging. I've pulled out of a number of races recently including the prestigious Abbey Dash.

What: nowt
    Why : alcoholic celebrations!
    DCD
  • Options
    That's it Treadmill, you get the beers down.

Are you going to carboload on Asda fresh pasta again on Saturday??

You'll beat me again (10-8 remember)?
  • Options
    Morrison's actually but no!
  • Options
    evening all

well done rf(rhb) on your promotion

you not able to get to see the "Turkey Trot" course in advance then BR? Personally, if I had a category A (starred) race coming up, I'd be desperate to have a peek at the going beforehand.

even more people under the weather than I thought....

anyway - managed to do what I said I would:

2 miles in 12:34; 1/3rd mile jog in 2:36
    2 miles in 12:26; 1/3rd mile jog in 2:34
    2 miles in 12:26; 1/3rd mile jog in 2:33
    2 miles in 12:37

so 9 miles in 57:46 altogether - 6:25 pace

quite high average HR (164), but pleased nonetheless - all targets hit.
    Would have been even better had I been able to run the efforts at a more even pace - 1st mile of each was, respectively, 6:08; 6:03; 6:01; 6:04 (after which the wheels began to fall off big style).

Should sleep q well tonight....
  • Options
    That's well under your targets Mike. Good run.

I think I'd be in real trouble if I said `Darling, you know that race that is going to take up most of Sunday? Well I thought on Saturday we could drive to Nottingham...'
  • Options
    well, put that way, it might indeed not be too productive.....