Options

Equinox 24hrs

1235»

Comments

• Options

Cake you have mail, I have definitely another person for the team and could possible get a couple more to fill the places

• Options

Just to update was a delay for some of the info at the moment everyone who has said about the team should ever be showing on the team info or have had a e-mail at the weekend inviting them to join cheers to Emma for her help and patience on this and will get Jonny a pint in after the race. I've send a email round everyone today once I've fineshed mucking up Postie's wages.

• Options

image Good luck everyone this weekend.

• Options

Not there, fudge up with work image good luck all, hope it's not too wet. Loved it last year, in a sadistic kind of way.

• Options

have fun all.looking forward to some reports..

• Options

Come on then. How was it?

• Options

What a fantastic laid back, chilling event!

The team managed 26x 10km laps of a Course that was on path as well as XC. It included a long slow climb and a cheeky hill. Fantastic views of Belvior castle and surrounding area! 

Good support for the Pirates from the other teams (lots of triathlon teams also racing).

Sid going solo was amazing, he got loads of love!

I'm absolutely knackered today, my legs have gone on holiday...thank god for compression tights!

without a doubt, I'm definitely going back next year!

• Options

Other than me needing to have better running legs fantastic little weekend away and highly reconmend it for next year. I'll do a race report in the week once fineshed messing up Postie's pay. Only bad thing to say about the weekend was there was a buncy castle on site and it had gone down before I could play on it. image

Seren I think you might like this one for next year, it's worth a jolly.

• Options

I knew you'd all love it. Fecked off I messed up my days off with work. Was looking forward to it. Maybe back for next year.

• Options

And if you are wondering who the two lunatics at the half-way drink station between 6pm and midnight were with the lights, that was Mrs Paperman and a friend. They thought they'd try and cheer people on a bit!

• Options

That sounds good Paperman, unfortunately I missed seeing Mrs Paperman and her friend as my runs were before 6pm and after midnight.

Cake has said he'll do a race report, as his will be far better than mine I'm just going to give a quick outline of my laps and say that I had a great time, not least because we had such a fantastic team. Things just seemed to work well with no problem in organising the order of running and getting runners out on time throughout the 24hrs. It's always great to spend time with Cake and Mr Digger and meeting Running Postie and her family was an absolute pleasure - as was sharing the weekend with our 2 other team members who were also brilliant company and team mates, I don't know that they are signed up here so unfortunately I  can't identify them using forum names.

I messed up my first lap on Saturday afternoon by going too hard at it early on and came into the last km needing to work harder than ideal to keep going. At that point I passed by Doner Kebab, who judging by how knackered he said I looked was possibly weighing up if it was kinder to have me medicated or shot - I decided not to stop and find out which and went on to finish the lap instead.

My next outing was a 3am(ish) double lap job.  I'd had trouble sleeping but once I had finally fallen asleep a thoughtful team member delayed waking me for which I was very grateful.  The rain that had appeared earlier Saturday evening had stopped by this time and it was a beautiful clear starry sky to run under with just a little mist to add some extra atmosphere. As it happens, I am used to night running by myself in the countryside and I was able to settle down and enjoy these laps more than the first one - especially pleasing was running down the grassy hill to the 6km marker, the preceding and painful going up of which has earned that hill a variety of interesting if not flattering names on the Equinox FB page.

Cont/...

• Options

Part 2

There was no point in trying to get any sleep after my run so after handing over to Cake who set off to do his double lap, I went back to the camp site and waited the morning out until it was my turn again.

We were running well ahead of our estimated schedule and it worked out that I had the last lap to run before time ran out, so with the weather still being decent and the varied course terrain and route having become familiar, I set off with Cake keeping me company.  The course was designed so that the last km wrapped around the camping field and as planned the rest of the team waited near the end so we could all join up, cross the line together and finish the event in good team style.

In closing it was a great event with a good mix of challenge, a field full of inspirational runners and great company, and for the traditionalists for who this is important - at no point was I ever more than 5km away from bacon.

• Options

Paper an please pass on my thanks, the girls were lovely at the 5km marker, I didn't stop and just waved as I passed but they were a great sight to see in the pitch black.