Options

Friday 12 December

with love and kisses from the Greenwich Park-ites.

When we've finished the 8th bottle of champagne (only on 6th so far) it may be time for my 10 mile run.

oh poo.

Comments

• Options
    Mr Snail said "Father Abraham; said seven sons he said; said Father Abraham said Father Abraham" etc. etc..
  • Options
    oh b*ll*x. The lurker has surfaced. Whilst I was still logged in. Many apologies all.

Anyway, back to the 10 miles...
  • Options
    Sounds like you guys had fun!

I've just got back from an 8 hour glacier climb on the Franz Josef Glacier. Will that do instead of a long run? I hope so because I may never move again judging by how I'm feeling now.

Off to get some food then a long sleep. Have a good day everyone.

• Options
    Morning

What: Christmas do with the girls from work
    eating, drinking, some entertainment i expect

Why: Because it's christmas and we'd be wasting our money we paid each month if we didn't go

Anyway Girls just want to have fun

See you tomorrow.
    :0)))
  • Options
    Great title Snail. Sounds like what peeps tell me.
  • Options
    Morning,
    Still nothing (slight chest infection). Hopefully will get out over the weekend. Haven't run since Monday and am getting extremely restless now.

Its Friday!!!
  • Options
    Morning,

Didnt manage second run yesterday, very tired from weights workout in morning, body needed some rest.

So today will be just a nice longish run once ive had some sleep, hoping for 10-12 miles easy.

Tomorrow is a different story, out drinking for 10hrs, so no running then!!!!!

Enjoy your xmas do's and partys all.
  • Options
    Morning

Right, time to join you guys on training as I've finally got round to entering the Paris Marathon!

what: 4 and a bit miles easy
    why: still suffering from horrendous dental appointment on Wednesday

Planning 5 miles tomorrow and 10 on Sunday.

Have a good weekend all! à lundi!

Rach
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Morning Everyone,

What: No morning run today for me.
    Why: Slight cough, maybe flu.
    Last rest: 6 days ago.
    MPW from Monday: 19.5 miles

Sunday I plan a 9.5 mile run but will see how I feel.

Have a good day & a great weekend.
  • Options
    Morning all...........

What: nothing
    Why: still resting ankle
    Last hard: Weds
    Last rest: Thurs

Probably get out for a few easy miles tomorrow to test things out *fingers crossed*

• Options
    Morning all,

Snail - Sounds like a fun time last night. Are you really running 10M the morning after?

M - You can certainly count your 8 hour glacier climb as a long run for me. Sounds like a good idea for a substitute - now where's my nearest glacier?!

A 4m or so run for me today. Did another 6m last night with the club, still not right but might gradually be getting there.
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Morning All, quiet week tapering for Gt Barford half - Sh!t or bust time!

Strategy - run fast as possible 'til I fall over or reach finish whichever comes first!

Prediction - only a stonking PB will do!

worse than 1:52:53 - Will be looking for a short walk to a long drop!
    1:50 - 1:52 - OK
    1:48 - 1:50 - Great!
    1:45 - 1:48 - Brilliant!
    Sub 1:45 - beats my ultimate target and wrests the family HM trophy back from younger brother (who has held it, in a virtual sense for 30 years!)

Finishing the second half of last months HM in 52mins leads me to think it's time!

Early New Years resolution - will try not to end every sentce with an exclamation mark! Ooops!!
  • Options
    Morning All

Good luck to everybody racing this weekend either looking for qualification times or pbs

What: 15 miles easy
    why : mileage building

have a good day everybody

• Options
    Morning all

Nothing for me today ....except the office christmas bash at lunchtime....afternoon...evening. Probably not the best preparation for my first cross country tomorrow!

PW coming up!

Good running this weekend everyone.
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: rest
    Why: knackered
    Last hard: last night
    Last rest: 7 days

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Morning all,

First post in a few days, but I've been drawn in by that lyric - I'm sure I know it, and I think I probably own the album it's on, but I just can't place it.

Well, last night I went out for my first run in over a week, to experimentally test out my hip. Set out very slowly, and it started aching immediately. I was tempted to run through the discomfort, but I then remembered that the physio told me to do NO running until it was completely better or it would take ages to heal, so I returned home having done a mighty 1.5 miles. Safe to say I'm pretty hacked off about things at the moment...

Welcome Rach, good that you're joining us after lurking for so long. Enjoy your weekend in London?

Have a good day everyone!
  • Options
    Oh. My. Goodness.

Tottally trolleyed stil. Cn;t run. Will do 10m thispm.

Nevereveer drink that muich chapmagne.

off to meeet parents, xmas shopping. Ouch,

venom. Woulmdn't admit to the album if i wer you. find thoe lyrics first!
  • Options
    Morning!

What: hilly tready session done with heavy carbo-loading at nearby Chinese at lunchtime
    Why: felt a bit ropey, so opted for tready as easy to step off if felt rough. Happily one of those above-neck sessions where felt better.

Pre-programmed 40 mins avgd out at 9.95 min miling (144 HR), incl walk/jog warmup/cooldown & varying inclines up to 7% so was reasonably pleased with that, esp as tho' I regularly train twice a day 5/6 days a week, I normally only run on 3/4 of those days. This week comfortably managed running 5 days so aiming to maintain & build on this. Rest Sat & long on Sun.

Very best of luck to the Trotters - hope you hit your mark BR! And speedy recoveries to the lurgyites/injured too. Happy running/resting/racing this weekend!
  • Options
    Morning All

Managed to successfully train again last night with no knee problems.

What: Rest
    Why: Probably best

Last rest: Tuesday
    Last Hard: Sundays Thanet 10 Miler

Looking forward to the Swanley XMAS Pudding Fun run thing on Sunday.
  • Options
    morning all

wet & miserable here

sadly I remember the single - from 1978. Never could understand the appeal of these irritating little creatures.

what: gentle 3 miles
    why: recovery jog after last night's interval session

last hard day: Thu
    last rest day: Mon

Not as knackered as I expected to be this morning - just a bit stiff.

Once again, get well/recover soon, everyone unable to run at the moment.
  • Options
    Ta Venom, I had the best weekend in Englad and I'm not over the moon to be back here if I'm honest! So see you at the next one!
  • Options
    Ok, I still don't know what the lyric is, but at least I now realise that I certainly don't own the album...
  • Options
    Morning all

Just to clarify : I have never yet recognised a single lyric posted at the start of this thread :-(. Although on the basis of clues provided today I think the singers may be originally dutch?

Good luck to those running in Nottingham & Gt barford this weekend. Bod, BR, Treadmill..

What : probably 9m steady
    Why : gentle milage build to establish confdence for spring HM efforts
    last hard : Tues
    last rest : wed
  • Options
    Just an easy 3 miles today - a mini-taper for Stockport 10 on Sunday.

• Options
    Bod - Best of luck sorting out your 'little' brother, fortunately mine doesn't run so I don't have the same challenge!

Not posted for a few days so:

Wednesday: Hilly 1:15 club run
    Thursday: Rest

Today: More rest!
    Why: Food poisoning or similar

Not running tomorrow as Mrs 70 is off for a 'social run' with the WRN, so that will be 3 days rest before my long run on Sunday.
  • Options
    Shhhhnail - how you feeling? - we want a report of the ten miles!

Oh good luck everyone doing the Turkey Trot this weekend - a race which, despite living in Nottingham for years, I never actually did, so can't provide any beta on the course! Didn't someone say that there was going to be a 17mph wind on the day? - being very obsessive about weather, I checked it on my wind speed conversion table and that's only Force 4. So nothing to worry about! Honest.

And good luck to everyone else racing elsewhere ...

What: Easy day - gentle five miler later, maybe cross country skiing tonight.
    Why: too many hard days on the trot.
    Last hard: Yesterday - tough swim and tough slope reps.
    Last rest; Saturday

Despite metres of snow, ski slopes still not open. There's no culture of planning here, so every year, new snow takes the ski slope management by surprise. Maybe this weekend they will open, but I'm not hopeful.
  • Options
    A fragment of a song has been bugging me all morning - for some reason it popped into my head when I read the lyric this morning. Finally worked out that I was thinking of Some Velvet Morning by Primal Scream, which has absolutely nothing in common to the lyric. Strange how the mind works...

Anyway, I'm feeling happier now for working it out!
  • Options
    whay-hey
    Really chuffed my longest run yet!!!
    What: managed 10miles pacing throughout at 10min/mile
    why: this is my lsd as it seems to make more sense to do it during week while kids are at school and hubby is at work. Then i can do a gentle recovery run at the weekend and not eat into any family plans.Will rest Sunday.

was one of those days when i felt icould run and run, feel really great.
    Have a goood weekend all
    tiaxx
  • Options
    I never know what the lyrics are either sfh legs

Didn't get out for a run yesterday :(
    but little boy is today better :) and back at school so I can nip to the gym to do a spot of cross training before having to pick up kiddies

Good luck Lynne with the Stockport 10, I wanted to do it but it is our school's nativity on the 14th - can't miss that!