Options

Kirsty White sub 3.30 Asics 26.2

Comments

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Hi Kirsty - I have twin daughters as well. No wonder you run!!!image

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Almost 18 and almost 15 Kirsty. My daughter is the oldest and thankfully she's very sensible (much more than I ever have Ben or ever will be!!) and she thinks I'm a freak! Lol. My son is much more sporty but saying that they both love supporting runs and are proud, I think! 

• Options

Missed a question - Santa's little tiger  if it helps I have no xmas jumper but a nice set of flashing antlers to run in?? image

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Oops I mean, almost 14. image 

• Options

Are you ignoring me Kirsty??? image

• Options

Minni - sensible girls are a blessing mine is the opposite but in agreement with your daughter she thinks I'm mental!! My son is football mad but just got him started at x country and he's doing well. I'm sure they are proud of you but it's prob not cool to say it.

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Top answer to the Star Wars question Kirsty - respect! image

• Options

sorry Mr 3 French hens let me read your 2 secs, I'm catching up!

• Options

Clive - I have a London Ticket so if I don't get in I'm lucky to have that to fall back on. Paris would be my 4th marathon in 18 months. Hooked on the intensity of the whole marathon thing. Get so fed up when it's all over but I believe that's quite natural to feel down after one?

• Options

4th in 18 months- good effort! I agree about feeling down afterwards, suppose its alot to do with having a void after all the training and expectation. It was even worse for me this time as I tore my plantar fasica the week before (not diagnosed till later), ran it anyway and now have to take 3 months off image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Yes Kirsty - Clive ran sub 3:30 on one leg! Unbelievable!!!

• Options

Winter training - last year for London I did all my long runs on Saturday morning when my girls go to dancing for the morning (wonderful dad picks them up after) it was a tough winter for training last year did a few snow runs one of my last 22 milers was in a blizzard which was soo hard but think it helped to improve my stamina and if nothing else made the next run feel easy. My partner doesn't run or do any sport & works from home a lot so I am very lucky to get out. In the week I run b4 the kids are up apart from Mondays & Thursdays (club training) but my son does football so it doesn't get in the way. Also have a wonderful mum who always around to help.

• Options

Thanks DS2! Looking at the photos on Marathon-Photos.com you could see it wasn't pretty image

DS- lot of chat about Spitfire- are you doing it this year? I would be tempted although might go for Tempest rather than Spitfire with the curtailed training schedule

• Options

Amazing that you got that time with that!! if you'd know would you not of done it? what time were you hoping to get b4 the injury?

On the lows -think that's why I keep booking another one it is addictive & want the high again!

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Yes Clive. I think me, Malcs and Shady are up for it again. Let us know if it's on the hit list. If you need a bed the night before you'd be very welcome at our house.

Be great to catch up at a race or twoimage

• Options

DS2 how old are the twins? yes you know why I run now lol

• Options

Hi Kirsty, I think you are amazing to have run a marathon in 3:37 already, after only a few years running! I reckon with some proper advice and coaching from Steve Smythe, Sam Murphy (awesome PB of 3:22 BTW) and the Asics Pro team, you will be running nearer 3 hours and not far behind the Elite women. If you keep running we might even see you on TV at the Olympic Games in Rio, and have Great Britain cheering you on! The guys in your group are good, but you are something special, you've definitely got my vote. I am not looking for any kind of reply; I just wanted to wish you the Best of Luck. X

• Options

Shane the Train - aww thank you for your comment if I get through will be looking forward to coaching from Sam & Steve to get me on track for my sub 3.30. Like your enthusiasm on how far I might get as I'm relatively new to running (tad on the optimistic side tho, team GB don't have t worry yet lol) hoping I've got more to give, despite being an old bird! ;0)    

are you planning any marathons? take it by your title your quick?? image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Kirsty - my twins are 14 in January! They have autism so can be pretty challenging although they are in excellent educational establishments now and have calmed down a lot in the last yearimage I have an older daughter as well (17) so with 4 women in the house I'm always looking for an excuse to be somewhere else - running is a great salvation!

• Options

My other 1/2 has 4 ladies to put up with! let's put it this way he never get a look in were the bathroom is concerned.

being in the right place with the twins must be a real plus have a friend who works in the SEN field and I know from talking to her that's key to it working, glad to hear it's settled down for you image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Running question for you. What's your favourite race distance? You seem pretty quick over the short stuff. 

When did and where did you do your half PB? 

• Options
    Shane Reading wrote (see)

Hi Kirsty, I think you are amazing to have run a marathon in 3:37 already, after only a few years running! I reckon with some proper advice and coaching from Steve Smythe, Sam Murphy (awesome PB of 3:22 BTW) and the Asics Pro team, you will be running nearer 3 hours and not far behind the Elite women. If you keep running we might even see you on TV at the Olympic Games in Rio, and have Great Britain cheering you on! The guys in your group are good, but you are something special, you've definitely got my vote. I am not looking for any kind of reply; I just wanted to wish you the Best of Luck. X

you serious when you say awesome PB for sam murphy........3:22 isn't awesome.its good but nowhere near awesome..there are a number of runners on here that can do much much faster.....

that said her time is immaterial when she is here to coach...her coaching skills aren't dependent on her running skills..image

I;m sur ethey could help Kirsty get sub 3 :30 which would be brilliantimage

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Sam's other half is a fair runner! I think he was top Brit in the Paris marathon last year and second the year before! Sam has this knack of getting people to hit their target times off relatively low mileage. For most people that's really important since they will find it tough to be doing 50 or 60 miles a Week!

it may be that Steve will coach the sub 3:30 category though!

• Options

Hi Kirsty,

Was lovely to meet u last week. Hopefully we will see each other again image Good luck love xxx

• Options

Presentation at Royton Road Runners = one very bad head today!!!!

Malc I have a new 1/2 pb from Conway a couple of weekends ago 1.35 and it's a tough 1/2 with a tow mile climb up the great Orme. Think on the flat I could of been near to the 1.30 I want.

Favourite distance is prob the 10 mile race but a tough hilly one not a flat one, like the 1/2's.

Hi Cheryl was lovely to meet you too. This competition is taking it's toll on my washing pile how about you??

seren nos - awesomeness in the eye of the beholder?? or is there a consensus to what is awesome?

• Options

Seren nos, I was trying to work out why you think that a ladies marathon time of 3:22 is not an awesome achievement, when you have on your profile that you would like to break 4:30? But then I saw one of your other posts to the guy you are supporting, and I think I get it now... 

Posted: 06/12/2013 at 16:00

shall I use my executive powers and bozo all of your opposition so that they can't post any more..........

What is this all about? image
  • Options

I am standing by my awesome comments anyway... 3:22 is well within the top 400 ladies club runners in the London Marathon 2013. 

• Options
    well said! silence speaks volumes ; 0) I think Mr nos likes to press people's buttons :0)
  • Options

Seren Nos, please accept my apologies if I was a bit harsh on you, I just couldn't let you say that Sam's PB is not awesome, and you did close saying you agree that Sam and Steve could get Kirsty's time down (I believe significantly).

Kirsty, in answer to your question, yes I am seriously quick, but I am fiercely competitive with stems back to my prizefighting days, and I train all the time and do lots of miles, which are spiced up with lots of different types of running. I don't particularly want to post my times, since that would reveal my identity, and this isn't about me, this is your forum.  

Please just rest assured that I believe if you are lucky enough to get through, you could achieve great things. I don't want to say anything negative about the guys in your competition, because I do think they are all good guys and all deserve a shot, but if I am being honest, one will struggle, one hasn't been motivated to do a marathon yet but would be capable, and the other clearly doesn't need help to achieve his goals, he already has it figured out so wouldn't benefit as much as you.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, and hoping that some of the forum members can see what I see, and if their favourite is some way behind, to lend a 2nd vote to the fastest lady still in this competition. image x

• Options

I'd love to now which one I am, I think I have it sussed but pls let me know which one I am as its gonna motivate me even more. image